2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LM ~71, OOS. I just finished all my other secondaries and wanted to add Georgetown.. given that it's past labor day is it even worth adding at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

LM ~71, OOS. I just finished all my other secondaries and wanted to add Georgetown.. given that it's past labor day is it even worth adding at this point?

It's your own money, but georgetown and GW are already considered pretty low-yield schools. Lots of applicants and it's already pretty late.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed here! Very laid back. Great people. Great school. Great Mission. Definitely my number 1 choice!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First R today from Georgetown!

It's been fun, boys. Godspeed to everyone interviewing here.

Reactions: 3 users
Gone but not forgotten

First R, LM 78 complete first week of July, good luck to y’all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection on 9/4. Was complete 7/3. GPA 3.91 MCAT 510.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted 6/29, complete 7/26 (LOR issues) still in silence... Any thoughts? Confused as it doesn't seem that they do silent reject. :/

Submitted 6/29, complete 7/26 (LOR issues) still in silence... Any thoughts? Confused as it doesn't seem that they do silent reject. :/
I was in the same situation last year and I ended up getting an interview in mid November.

I was in the same situation last year and I ended up getting an interview in mid November.

Do you think if we haven’t heard anything yet and we submitted before 7/20 that’s a good thing? *grasping at words of encouragement*

Well, interviewing on 9/25 and just received an email that they don't have any student hosts for me. Any current students here willing or able to take me in for the night before (Monday 9/24)? I can definitely provide any information/ speak with you before to make you feel more comfortable.

II this morning! OOS.

congrats! complete date?
Thanks! I submitted my secondary the second to last week of July.

Edit: date changed because I read my school spreadsheet incorrectly

II today! LM=70 (MCAT=508-->510 and cGPA=3.96) and OOS! Secondary submitted 7/11, I can't remember when it was complete though. I'm SO excited!!

Last edited:
II today! LM=70 (MCAT=508-->510 and cGPA=4.96) and OOS! Secondary submitted 7/11, I can't remember when it was complete though. I'm SO excited!!
This ain't high school anymore!.... No more weighed gpa.. lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is it too late to submit a secondary to Georgetown in your opinion?

complete 7/26 (even though i submitted 7/3 smfh) and still radio silence...anyone experiencing this too? its been over a month and a half so i'm worried i've gotten passed up...

Reactions: 6 users
complete 7/26 (even though i submitted 7/3 smfh) and still radio silence...anyone experiencing this too? its been over a month and a half so i'm worried i've gotten passed up...
Complete 7/4. Radio silence as well. Super annoyed.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat :) we'll see what happens...

I think most 7/26 complete dates havent heard anything as of now. Seems like most of the IIs have been people complete beforehand

R. Complete 7/8. LM 73-76

Pretty devastated by this one

Last edited:
Compared to the last time I applied (and got rejected on 8/24), silence feels better than rejection.

I had identical submission and completion dates and also radio silence :(

I had identical submission and completion dates and also radio silence :(
Word of advice: Don't freak out if you haven't heard today, yesterday, or tomorrow. You may hear back the day after, or in May. U never know so try not to get too psyched out. To the benefit of the SDN community, if you would like add when you receive a correspondence from the school. If you haven't heard back, I'm sure you're not alone and be glad u weren't rejected.

I'm confused. What I'm getting from your post is that if a black student of color doesn't pass a class they should be able move on anyway and not have to retake what was failed?
Please understand that I'm just saying that students of color who fail should only have to repeat the year if white students who fail also have to repeat the year. It should be equal treatment and its not. Not to mention the discrepancy in acceptance rates: they only accept 1-2 URiM students who didn't complete the Georgetown URiM post-bacc program called GEMS, that is about a 0.3% acceptance rate for outside URiM students compared to 2% acceptance rate for outside white students who didn’t complete their other post-bacc program called SMP... that is just unreal. how can you explain that one?

First Rejection. Feeling kinda gutted even though I would never be able to pay off thos loanz if I went to Georgetown. Good luck to everyone else!

First Rejection. Feeling kinda gutted even though I would never be able to pay off thos loanz if I went to Georgetown. Good luck to everyone else!
+2, but second rejection of the day :( complete 7/13