2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's another way to say Asian/white. It stands for overrepresented in medicine
Asian/white? I think you meant to say Asian/Yellow LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone can estimate the post-II acceptance rate based on last year? Or at least how many people do they II in total?

Anyone can estimate the post-II acceptance rate based on last year? Or at least how many people do they II in total?
Class of ~60 and interviewed ~245 I think but I could be confusing it with another school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Hackensack done with II?

I emailed a week ago and they said they are still sending out interview invites. I guess just not to people who post on sdn, hopefully it comes around to us eventually. But I hear they will interview till march. This med school cycle seem to be going on later in the cycle than usual. Most likely because med schools are taking more precaution on not knowing where people are holding other acceptances....just a guess lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there is a second visit date? And if there is when is it?

Reactions: 1 user
“As of April 18, 2018 Seton Hall has pulled out of the partnership, as the investment was too substantial for the University to afford.[3][6] At a yet-unknown future date the school will drop the "Seton Hall" name to reflect this change.”

I found this on the Wikipedia page for the school. Was anyone else aware of this? I wonder if this will have any impact on the school’s accreditation process. This happened long before my interview but it seems concerning that perhaps it’s not a stable institution? Any thoughts on this?

“As of April 18, 2018 Seton Hall has pulled out of the partnership, as the investment was too substantial for the University to afford.[3][6] At a yet-unknown future date the school will drop the "Seton Hall" name to reflect this change.”

I found this on the Wikipedia page for the school. Was anyone else aware of this? I wonder if this will have any impact on the school’s accreditation process. This happened long before my interview but it seems concerning that perhaps it’s not a stable institution? Any thoughts on this?
Yup, it was all over last year’s thread too. I don’t think it’ll make a difference in accreditation. This isn’t much different than what Hofstra (?) did where a hospital network wanted to make a med school and did it on its own. Seton hall is a small school so it doesn’t come as a surprise (at least to me) that they couldn’t afford to pay half the cost of the school. This school has prelim accreditation already and looking at it historically, I can’t think of any school that didn’t end up getting full accreditation after getting prelim. Take that as you will

Anyone still at Preliminary Review Complete status? lol.

Reactions: 4 users
anyone on hold heard back at all?? wondering if it's a soft reject or an I-still-have-a-chance hold....

Members don't see this ad :)
What does the on-hold email look like?
Yeah, someone tells us how it looks like?
Because the only email I got from them in October telling that they are done with preliminary screening of the application and that I will either be invited to the interview or the cycle closes!
Is that the hold email that u r talking about?

Yeah, someone tells us how it looks like?
Because the only email I got from them in October telling that they are done with preliminary screening of the application and that I will either be invited to the interview or the cycle closes!
Is that the hold email that u r talking about?

That's the same thing I got

What does the on-hold email look like?
it said "The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email."

it said "The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email."
I don't think that's a hold email. I think it's their version of a complete email.

I don't think that's a hold email. I think it's their version of a complete email.
Naw that’s either a hold or complete, cause there are two types that get sent to complete candidates

Got an official waitlist email today. It started reading as a rejection letter but said waitlisted towards the end... Rollercoaster of emotions!

Got an official waitlist email today. It started reading as a rejection letter but said waitlisted towards the end... Rollercoaster of emotions!
Hey! When did you interview?

Early December

Gotcha thanks. At the interview I had in mid January they said 2-4 weeks for a decision but it seems yours came way later. I hope they’re more on the 2-4 weeks timeframe :/

Hello -
I am interviewing here end of feb. Is this interview a traditional 1-on-1, or is it an MMI? It is unclear from the invitation, and on their website admissions page!
Thanks

Hello -
I am interviewing here end of feb. Is this interview a traditional 1-on-1, or is it an MMI? It is unclear from the invitation, and on their website admissions page!
Thanks

Says in their interview confirmation email.

Anyone got an interview invite recently like in the past couple weeks?

has anyone gotten any post interview decisions lately? I interviewed mid January and they said 2-4 weeks.

Called and asked about decisions for January interviews. Was told will hear back “sometime this month.”

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know their policy on LOIs?

does anyone know their policy on LOIs?

Not sure for LOI, but I called and asked if they are receptive to post-interview updates (they are). I'm convinced this is the best school for me, so I provided them with a LOI/update in one letter.

Not sure for LOI, but I called and asked if they are receptive to post-interview updates (they are). I'm convinced this is the best school for me, so I provided them with a LOI/update in one letter.
That’s awesome! Can you PM me which email you sent the letter to?

can we assume a rejection soon if we havent heard anything since application complete email?

Accepted!!! just got the call!

Heres my extensive timeline lol

8/28 Placed on preliminary review
10/2 Preliminary review complete
10/19 Update letter #1 sent
10/25 In the area letter
1/25 Interview invite
1/29 Interview
2/13 Update letter #2/LOI
2/15 Accepted

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!! just got the call!

Heres my extensive timeline lol

8/28 Placed on preliminary review
10/2 Preliminary review complete
10/19 Update letter #1 sent
10/25 In the area letter
1/25 Interview invite
1/29 Interview
2/13 Update letter #2/LOI
2/15 Accepted

Omg this gives me hope, my II was the same day, do you think sending an update letter will help??

Got the acceptance call this afternoon. Interviewed on 1/15.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone here withdrew their acceptance after sending in the deposit yet? I emailed admissions, but I haven't received a reply or my refund. I didn't know if I have to refill out that acceptance form and send it in or not.
I'm wondering the same thing... Did you ever get a reply? I tried calling the number that was in the acceptance email to ask and there was no answer.

I'm wondering the same thing... Did you ever get a reply? I tried calling the number that was in the acceptance email to ask and there was no answer.
I emailed admissions and withdrew, they just told me that it'd take a few weeks for my refund.

are they still sending IIs? Haven't seen one on this thread since 'nam

are they still sending IIs? Haven't seen one on this thread since 'nam

When I emailed them about my status , they said they had nothing to say about my status at this time and that they are still sending out interview invites... I guess all those people are not reporting it on sdn

For all you accepted people, are you all filling out the aamc thing tommorow about your intent to enroll?

what is the portal to check status on? Thank you

Anyone know if there is a second look weekend? Thanks!

I haven’t heard back from my late January II. Is that a bad sign :( I was really having high hopes for this school

I haven’t heard back from my late January II. Is that a bad sign :( I was really having high hopes for this school
Nope. It looks like they’re stockpiling applicants and only realeasing decisions of certain days. I’d imagine that they’ll be another announcement in the coming weeks. It’s not over till it’s over

Does anyone know when classes start here? I think it’s in July but I don’t know the date