2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewing 8/13?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
too late to submit a primary here you think?

Not at all, I just submitted mine today. I did submit to other schools weeks ago, but decided to add this one just recently. September is still kinda early, but after that it starts to get late.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II here yesterday. Does anyone know if we have to do anything special with our letters? They have this pdf in the portal under letters that is fairly confusing. Are we good if we just have the letters in aacomas?
From what I understand, the main things are your letters need to be from core science professors, signed, on letterhead, and should have the applicant info. If your AACOMAS letters meet that, you should be good. I've seen other people post that if you call, they are super helpful and can let you know if your letters meet the criteria. I personally haven't called about my letters yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
What's the average mcat for this school?
Competitive MCAT score begins around 500 and ~3.2 according to official website. They have been interviewing mainly 3.9+ and 509+ though so maybe they drastically increased their entrance stats this cycle lol

Competitive MCAT score begins around 500 and ~3.2 according to official website. They have been interviewing mainly 3.9+ and 509+ though so maybe they drastically increased their entrance stats this cycle lol
Oh gee, I should have done a post bac

Does anyone know the number of interviews given here? And the rate of acceptances from the interviews? Thanks!!

Any current/former students want to comment on the rotations here?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Anyone who got an interview for August want to split a hotel or Air BnB?

Anyone have an idea why my status for Bradenton says " We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you." while my Erie status is "Your application is under review" ? Its been like that for a few weeks now. I did receive emails for each indicating they both were processed...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an idea why my status for Bradenton says " We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you." while my Erie status is "Your application is under review" ? Its been like that for a few weeks now. I did receive emails for each indicating they both were processed...
My status says the same thing too. I was wondering what happened to the Bradenton one.

mine is just like that too

Same here. Seems to be a common theme at least?

Literally the same was beginning to get worried. Makes me feel better that mines not the only one.

Seems that a bunch of us are complete and just waiting for more news. LECOM-B is up there among DO schools in terms of total applications sent (6-7k) so that's a lot they gotta sift through. Hang in there, guys!

Anyone else interview here yesterday? How did you guys feel about the interview and the school?

Hey guys, I got an email from LECOM today saying thanks for applying and that my secondary will be sent to the same email. However, I have not received the secondary yet. How long did it take for you guys to receive the secondary following the first email?

I interviewed here on 8/1 and here's a critical review of how it went as well as some insight to you all.

When we first got there, everyone was put into a big room where we all introduced ourselves. We were then almost immediately separated into groups of 6 and went into separate rooms for group interviews. The questions and scenarios varied between groups, but they were mostly standard questions or random scenarios. For our group, they wanted us to talk amongst ourselves about each question/scenario and act like the interviewers weren't even there. For my brother's group, one of his interviewers talked about himself for 20 minutes. I thought that was pretty strange. Since LECOM's curriculum at this campus is strictly PBL, it makes sense that they have a group interview portion.

They then separated us again for the "MMI" portion. This was not MMI, it was just one 10 minute interview without others. This felt insanely rushed, and I could see why some people didn't even have time to finish their answers. After that we all went back to the big room where we met the dean and he answered everyone's questions. He seems like a very genuine, funny, and awesome guy. We then toured the school led by MS2's, and came back for lunch followed by powerpoints.

I enjoyed this experience overall, despite it being a bit disorganized and flustered. They had their incoming MS1's orientation on the same day, so that likely had something to do with it. The dean was a straight up guy and told us how it is. When asked about research he told us that there isn't a ton of opportunity, although it is there, but it isn't going to be anything cutting edge. More small projects. The head of student affairs, however, made it seem like there was research everywhere. They also rely on their alumni for their rotation sites, and that's a reason why the tuition is so low. He said they always get plenty of rotation sites, but the specialties vary from year to year. They consistently have excellent Step 1 averages and pass rates, which is definitely something that draws me in. They clearly know what they're doing in that regard.

As far as the location goes it's 20-40 minutes from some of the best beaches in Florida, as well as downtown St. Pete and Tampa. Not that there's going to be a ton of free time (the MS2's mentioned they study for 8 hours a day), it's just nice having things to do on occasion. Assuming I do get accepted, I would highly consider this school. I do advise people considering this school to really research the PBL curriculum. They made it clear that PBL isn't for everyone and if you don't feel 100% confident that you would do well in that type of environment then this isn't the school for you. Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed here on 8/1 and here's a critical review of how it went as well as some insight to you all.

When we first got there, everyone was put into a big room where we all introduced ourselves. We were then almost immediately separated into groups of 6 and went into separate rooms for group interviews. The questions and scenarios varied between groups, but they were mostly standard questions or random scenarios. For our group, they wanted us to talk amongst ourselves about each question/scenario and act like the interviewers weren't even there. For my brother's group, one of his interviewers talked about himself for 20 minutes. I thought that was pretty strange. Since LECOM's curriculum at this campus is strictly PBL, it makes sense that they have a group interview portion.

They then separated us again for the "MMI" portion. This was not MMI, it was just one 10 minute interview without others. This felt insanely rushed, and I could see why some people didn't even have time to finish their answers. After that we all went back to the big room where we met the dean and he answered everyone's questions. He seems like a very genuine, funny, and awesome guy. We then toured the school led by MS2's, and came back for lunch followed by powerpoints.

I enjoyed this experience overall, despite it being a bit disorganized and flustered. They had their incoming MS1's orientation on the same day, so that likely had something to do with it. The dean was a straight up guy and told us how it is. When asked about research he told us that there isn't a ton of opportunity, although it is there, but it isn't going to be anything cutting edge. More small projects. The head of student affairs, however, made it seem like there was research everywhere. They also rely on their alumni for their rotation sites, and that's a reason why the tuition is so low. He said they always get plenty of rotation sites, but the specialties vary from year to year. They consistently have excellent Step 1 averages and pass rates, which is definitely something that draws me in. They clearly know what they're doing in that regard.

As far as the location goes it's 20-40 minutes from some of the best beaches in Florida, as well as downtown St. Pete and Tampa. Not that there's going to be a ton of free time (the MS2's mentioned they study for 8 hours a day), it's just nice having things to do on occasion. Assuming I do get accepted, I would highly consider this school. I do advise people considering this school to really research the PBL curriculum. They made it clear that PBL isn't for everyone and if you don't feel 100% confident that you would do well in that type of environment then this isn't the school for you. Good luck!

Thanks for posting such a thorough review! For the "MMI" portion, was it an ethics question or about you? How did you prepare for the interview?

Hey guys, I got an email from LECOM today saying thanks for applying and that my secondary will be sent to the same email. However, I have not received the secondary yet. How long did it take for you guys to receive the secondary following the first email?
Have you heard back? This happened to me and I still haven't gotten the link.

Thanks for posting such a thorough review! For the "MMI" portion, was it an ethics question or about you? How did you prepare for the interview?

Both. They gave me a prompt, had me read it allowed, then had me answer the ethical question at the end. After that they asked me about myself. To be honest I didn't do much as far as preparation goes. My brother and I both interviewed here on the same day, and all we did was look up common interview questions the night before while in our hotel room. The environment was pretty lax for the most part. Just be yourself!

Both. They gave me a prompt, had me read it allowed, then had me answer the ethical question at the end. After that they asked me about myself. To be honest I didn't do much as far as preparation goes. My brother and I both interviewed here on the same day, and all we did was look up common interview questions the night before while in our hotel room. The environment was pretty lax for the most part. Just be yourself!
Was the ethical question tough? Also, did they ask about the healthcare system and if so, any specifics? Thank you in advance!

Have you heard back? This happened to me and I still haven't gotten the link.
I talked to LECOM and they said the secondaries get sent out in batches, so we should be receiving it sometime this week.

What time did you end up leaving the school? Just wondering if it’ll run the entire time they said in the email.

Was the ethical question tough? Also, did they ask about the healthcare system and if so, any specifics? Thank you in advance!

I personally didn't think the question was tough. I didn't get asked about the healthcare system but other people may have; the questions varied a lot.

What time did you end up leaving the school? Just wondering if it’ll run the entire time they said in the email.

I left at about 1:30, but I think it would have lasted longer if the MS2's were in classes. My group interviewed before classes start, and they normally have you sit in on a PBL session for a bit.

Anyone have any last minute interview tips for here? Have mine coming up soon and didn’t want to be thrown for a loop with any questions.

I submitted secondaries for all of them on June 23 and I'm still under review. Scared and anxious that this will turn into a rejection

Awesome! Would you mind sharing any tips or information you may have?
I was there yesterday, also. I would follow a lot of the advice seen on this thread and previous ones. It was all very accurate. The faculty and staff at LECOM were amazing and very welcoming. There were very open about PBL, as the curriculum is unique and they want students to know what they are in for.

My biggest advice for interview day is to be talkative with the other interviewees. When you get there, everyone will be put into seats in a room to hang out until everyone arrives. A lot of the people sitting next to you in that room will be in your group interview. It's very nice to have already "broken the ice" with them when you get over to the group interview, as then you will feel more comfortable and ready to converse as a group.

Reactions: 2 users
I was there yesterday, also. I would follow a lot of the advice seen on this thread and previous ones. It was all very accurate. The faculty and staff at LECOM were amazing and very welcoming. There were very open about PBL, as the curriculum is unique and they want students to know what they are in for.

My biggest advice for interview day is to be talkative with the other interviewees. When you get there, everyone will be put into seats in a room to hang out until everyone arrives. A lot of the people sitting next to you in that room will be in your group interview. It's very nice to have already "broken the ice" with them when you get over to the group interview, as then you will feel more comfortable and ready to converse as a group.

I know I have previously asked this on here before, but did you personally get asked any ethical and healthcare questions, this is something that worries because I don't have a strong background on this side of the field. I know some stuff, but I don't know how much they expect you to know. Also, thank you for the tips!

Also, if anyone else has any good tips and reads on these topics please share any links or titles. Thank you in advance :)

I know I have previously asked this on here before, but did you personally get asked any ethical and healthcare questions, this is something that worries because I don't have a strong background on this side of the field. I know some stuff, but I don't know how much they expect you to know. Also, thank you for the tips!

Also, if anyone else has any good tips and reads on these topics please share any links or titles. Thank you in advance :)
I was asked an ethical question. I thought it was very straightforward. I can't post much more about it, but it was not one I would have needed to/been able to study for. I know that is vague, but I hope it at least eases your mind a bit! Everyone is supposedly asked the same one on the same interview day.

Didn't get the chance to post yesterday that I got an II. Applying as an AIS student.

Hey would you mind sharing your stats. I am also applying through AIS. My cGPA=3.65, sGPA=3.53, ACT=25, AIS=116. Do you think a 116 gives me a shot?

I wouldn't suggest trying to locate and review a bunch of 'possible' ethical topics because there is so many they could come up with before an interview session, but if you're interested in reading about general topics then go for it (it wouldn't hurt). In my opinion, the interview style was relaxed and I really enjoyed it.

I got an email saying my secondary was received on July 17th, and it's been a month almost and I still haven't heard anything back from them. There's also nothing listed under my "View Folder Items" (maybe because I'm still waiting for my university to submit their committee letters to my schools, but apparently you don't need letters to get a II invite). So I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation. My stats are GPAc: 3.63, GPAs: 3.43, MCAT: 508, and out of state, could this be a silent rejection?

I got an email saying my secondary was received on July 17th, and it's been a month almost and I still haven't heard anything back from them. There's also nothing listed under my "View Folder Items" (maybe because I'm still waiting for my university to submit their committee letters to my schools, but apparently you don't need letters to get a II invite). So I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation. My stats are GPAc: 3.63, GPAs: 3.43, MCAT: 508, and out of state, could this be a silent rejection?
I'm in the same boat. I submitted my secondary in June. The view folder items is empty because they don't need anything until they do an II for you. I think they are going through all high GPA and MCATs first so you just have to wait, or so I've been told.

I don't think you should be too nervous. It is still pretty early in the application cycle and your stats are great, so just stand by and hold onto hope!

I'm in the same boat. I submitted my secondary in June. The view folder items is empty because they don't need anything until they do an II for you. I think they are going through all high GPA and MCATs first so you just have to wait, or so I've been told.

I don't think you should be too nervous. It is still pretty early in the application cycle and your stats are great, so just stand by and hold onto hope!

thank you guys for your feedback! I feel less anxious now. I'll just hold on tight then and patiently wait.

Hey would you mind sharing your stats. I am also applying through AIS. My cGPA=3.65, sGPA=3.53, ACT=25, AIS=116. Do you think a 116 gives me a shot?

I tried to send you a PM, but it looks like your account is private. If you send me a PM, I can share more info with you:)