2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys- current OMS1 here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the school, and I'll answer on a study break :). Best of luck on your applications!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys- current OMS1 here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the school, and I'll answer on a study break :). Best of luck on your applications!
Thanks for taking the time to answer some q's. How do you like the PBL curriculum? I am more of a self-directed learner, which is why I feel like this school would be a great fit for me. Are there any drawbacks or unnecessary work you have to do? Also what percentage of the classes would you say is mandatory.

I been complete since 08/01 and haven’t heard anything :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for taking the time to answer some q's. How do you like the PBL curriculum? I am more of a self-directed learner, which is why I feel like this school would be a great fit for me. Are there any drawbacks or unnecessary work you have to do? Also what percentage of the classes would you say is mandatory.

No problem! Honestly, I can't give you good feedback about PBL yet because we don't start PBL until September. I will say that based on my experiences so far, I definitely like the self-directed learning because I can choose my own pace, focus on things I struggle with, and I tend to study best when I have long periods of uninterrupted time.

All of our lectures are mandatory unless we're told otherwise... to me it kinda seems like the lectures move so quickly and "skim" the material, so personally, I feel like I'd benefit more from self-studying during that time. Some of my friends retain a lot more from lectures than I do, so I think it just really depends on who you are as a student. But compared to some of my friends at other medical schools, we have about half the amount of lecture hours each week so it's kinda a toss up. We finish anatomy in mid October and then our schedules really open up for us to study for PBL. Our only grades in anatomy are exams and lab participation, so we really don't have any unnecessary work. Hope this helps!

I been complete since 08/01 and haven’t heard anything :/

I've been complete since 07/09 and still nothing. 3.2 undergrad, 3.6 graduate and a 503 MCAT. Tons of research and clinical volunteering as well. In state applicant. We just have to be patient unfortunately.

I just interviewed here so if any of you guys have any questions about the interview process let me know! :happy:

I just interviewed here so if any of you guys have any questions about the interview process let me know! :happy:

Would you mind letting us know what we could do to best prepare, what the format was like, and anything that may have stood out to you? Thank you and best of luck applying!

My application status just changed to "a decision has been made on your file will be notified by..." anyone know what this means? Haven't got an interview yet.
I hate to put a damper on things, but when people from previous threads got this message, they got a rejection via snail mail within a month. That's why it says they will notify you in 30 days. I'm not entirely sure, things may work differently this year.

Last edited:
I hate to put a damper on things, but when people from previous threads got this message, they got a rejection via snail mail within a month. That's why it says they will notify you in 30 days. I'm not entirely sure, things may work differently this year.

It doesn't say 30 days though like last year, it says by November 16, 2018? We shall see, thanks for the reply! Would love to interview here.

It doesn't say 30 days though like last year, it says by November 16, 2018? We shall see, thanks for the reply! Would love to interview here.
Oh a specific date, huh? I don't think they've done that before. I hope it means good news for you!

II this Friday! I can't wait to meet some of you! IS, 3.8 and 507 btw

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone actually get in with a 500? I graduated w/ a 3.87, but it seems like on this thread alot of people have a much higher mcat. Of course this is a small sample size, but kinda worries me if I should even apply or retake the mcat :depressed:

Hey friend,

From what I know, it's probably wise to retake the MCAT if you get a 500. There are some DO schools that accept a low score, however, so you have some options if you don't want to retake. Keep us updated on how things go!

Actually idk if I’m complete. It just says that your secondary has been submitted and that the review process will now begin?

Anyone know how long it takes to hear about a decision after the interview? Thanks!

Anyone have any insight into the PBL teaching style? I am trying to decide whether I want to focus on Bradenton or Erie (which offers many learning styles).

Anyone know how long it takes to hear about a decision after the interview? Thanks!

They give you a choice of early decision or regular decision. Early decision is as soon as possible after your interview, beginning mid-September. Regular decision I believe is the beginning of November (or maybe it's mid-November?). Notification is by mail.

They give you a choice of early decision or regular decision. Early decision is as soon as possible after your interview, beginning mid-September. Regular decision I believe is the beginning of November (or maybe it's mid-November?). Notification is by mail.

I believe it was around Nov. 15 if you chose to delay hearing back on the committee's decision.

Mine still has the red Xs on everything. My status before my II at Bradenton was something along the lines of they were going to send it to an admissions committee for further review and they would let me know once updates had been made.
It changes right before your interview

Whoo!
Interview Invite!
Complete 06/20/18. Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: 3 users
Whoo!
Interview Invite!
Complete 06/20/18. Patience is a virtue.

How long did it take you to get completed or did you just get a call. Mine says:
"We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made." Did you get any updates after this or just a call? because mine has been like this for a while.

Also, congrats and good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you to get completed or did you just get a call. Mine says:
"We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made." Did you get any updates after this or just a call? because mine has been like this for a while.

Also, congrats and good luck!!

Thank you!

I submitted the secondary page on 6/18/20 and was completed on 6/20/18.
From 6/20/18 until today, my status said exactly what you wrote "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin.... etc"

Other than that... it was dead silence.
Good luck - rooting for you!

Has anyone heard about the AIS and applied this way? I am not sure whether to wait off a year and apply with a better MCAT or take my chances and see if it might get me a shot

I had already paid for the primary app anyways.... should I?

Has anyone heard about the AIS and applied this way? I am not sure whether to wait off a year and apply with a better MCAT or take my chances and see if it might get me a shot

I have applied AIS twice. Last year rejected pre-interview from both campuses. Applied AIS again this year and have already interviewed at Bradenton. Will know soon if I got in or not.

You've already paid for your primary. I would say it's worth it to pay for the secondary and give it a shot. The worse that happens is you lose your $50 for the secondary. Best case you are accepted and start medical school next year. That's my $.02.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I also applied AIS but I haven’t heard anything from either campus. I was complete on 7/03.

II was recieved 9/7. I was complete 8/23. Anyone interviewed already and suggests where to stay? how are taxi/uber services in this area?

Is this early decision binding?

Is this early decision binding?
Your deposit is due within 30 days of receiving your acceptance for both early and regular notification. So if you decide not to go, you will lose your deposit, but they are not going to sue you or anything.

Your deposit is due within 30 days of receiving your acceptance for both early and regular notification. So if you decide not to go, you will lose your deposit, but they are not going to sue you or anything.

ok awesome, so if i choose early, and pay deposit- and then decide i cant attend, i'll just have lost the money

ok awesome, so if i choose early, and pay deposit- and then decide i cant attend, i'll just have lost the money
That's how I understood it to be:)

II Just now

When did you complete your secondary? and also, when you hit letter requirements and credits button, did anything show up? Mine has been empty for a while. The little checkbox is empty.

Good luck on your interview! You got this!

When did you complete your secondary? and also, when you hit letter requirements and credits button, did anything show up? Mine has been empty for a while. The little checkbox is empty.

Good luck on your interview! You got this!

Hi, completed it pretty early on. Got a complete email on July 31st. Also, on the requirements and credits section, all of them have a little red X. which says I haven't completed any of them, but I've submitted my letters/transcripts/everything through AACOMAS- so idk whats going on.

II earlier today. Interview date 10/26.
Primary 8/24 and secondary 8/31.
See you guys there and good luck to all of us.

For those of you who already interviewed, which airport did you fly into/ where did you stay?

Just interviewed here (Seton Hill) today. Was hesitant beforehand due to reviews I've seen on here about the school but the students seemed really happy and the school has a lot to offer, definitely hoping for an acceptance to here for the PBL pathway.

Just interviewed here (Seton Hill) today. Was hesitant beforehand due to reviews I've seen on here about the school but the students seemed really happy and the school has a lot to offer, definitely hoping for an acceptance to here for the PBL pathway.
idk about PBL, may decide on Erie instead of Brandenton because more learning pathways to choose from

Is anyone on here a reapplicant? I applied last year via AIS VERY late in the cycle with bare minimum application. Revised my app and added MCAT this cycle. My primary app was complete yesterday. I logged into the portal via my information from last year. Do they send you a new login if you are a reapplicant? My portal with the login from last year showed all of the info from last years app but the Bradenton status says "a decision has been made on your file and you will receive notification by November 16, 2018" is this correct? How can I be rejected when it doesn't even look like any of my stuff has been seen from this cycle's app? ***stressing over here*** MCAT is low, but I don't consider it low enough to not even receive a secondary app

Is anyone on here a reapplicant? I applied last year via AIS VERY late in the cycle with bare minimum application. Revised my app and added MCAT this cycle. My primary app was complete yesterday. I logged into the portal via my information from last year. Do they send you a new login if you are a reapplicant? My portal with the login from last year showed all of the info from last years app but the Bradenton status says "a decision has been made on your file and you will receive notification by November 16, 2018" is this correct? How can I be rejected when it doesn't even look like any of my stuff has been seen from this cycle's app? ***stressing over here*** MCAT is low, but I don't consider it low enough to not even receive a secondary app
I would call them, there may a mix up since you had an open file from the last app season.

I would call them, there may a mix up since you had an open file from the last app season.

I will give them a call tomorrow or monday. My app was just verified, so want to make sure I at least give them a couple of days.

I just arrived for my interview tomorrow, if anyone is from out of town like I am and wants to meet up for food or something, dm me. bored already.

So this is very strange.. I had received that you will find out your decision in November statement and now it says that my application has just been processed and sent to admissions committee. I thought that prior status was a denial

Hey guys. I submitted my secondary and got my complete letter on 7/31 but have not heard anything about an interview. It’s been very silent for me from the Bradenton campus. I got an II front erie about a month ago...should I probably lose hope for an interview invite from bradenton at this point? I’m not sure what they didn’t like about my app...especially if Erie seemed to like me enough to invite me to interview. Is Bradenton more competitive ?

Also does anyone have any idea how many people they choose to send out secondaries do and how many actually get interviews? I know LECOM has received the most applications, over 20,000 I believe. I imagine they don’t screen pre secondary. But I’m just wondering if they send out IIs to many people, or if they’re more selective with IIs