2018-2019 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could any current students give us a rough timeline for financial aid information? I've done everything they requested on the checklist (MPNs, FAFSA, loan apps, etc), but it still shows I'm missing most of these items. Do they process financial aid later in the year, or should I call and make sure they have everything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm having the same issue. Also haven't even heard back regarding how much loan I'm eligible for which makes it difficult to plan. I was going to contact them today.
Could any current students give us a rough timeline for financial aid information? I've done everything they requested on the checklist (MPNs, FAFSA, loan apps, etc), but it still shows I'm missing most of these items. Do they process financial aid later in the year, or should I call and make sure they have everything?

I'm having the same issue. Also haven't even heard back regarding how much loan I'm eligible for which makes it difficult to plan. I was going to contact them today.
Did you fill out the grad plus app yet? I got an email a few hours after filling it out saying I was "approved", but nothing else. I chose the max amount because I figured I could adjust it later with LUCOM, so I have no idea how much I was "approved" for. :shrug:

Edited to add: I sent an email about my missing items...waiting to hear back on that.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, just the unsub. I wasn't sure whether to put the max amount or wait to hear back on the grad plus one so I waited, but May 1 is getting pretty close lol.
Did you fill out the grad plus app yet? I got an email a few hours after filling it out saying I was "approved", but nothing else. I chose the max amount because I figured I could adjust it later with LUCOM, so I have no idea how much I was "approved" for. :shrug:

Edited to add: I sent an email about my missing items...waiting to hear back on that.

No, just the unsub. I wasn't sure whether to put the max amount or wait to hear back on the grad plus one so I waited, but May 1 is getting pretty close lol.
I would put the max just to have the application complete. From my experience with grad school financial aid you can always adjust it through the school before disbursement if you don't want to take out the max.

Edited to add: heard back from LUCOM financial aid. They have all my stuff and will be reviewing everything Mid-May and sending out award letters to everyone's LU email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else not hear a single thing after submitting their secondary? I haven't heard anything at all!

I would put the max just to have the application complete. From my experience with grad school financial aid you can always adjust it through the school before disbursement if you don't want to take out the max.

Edited to add: heard back from LUCOM financial aid. They have all my stuff and will be reviewing everything Mid-May and sending out award letters to everyone's LU email.
Ah you're a lifesaver. Thank you!

Wow, ok. If you've checked your LU email and there's been zero correspondence, I would say maybe call admissions and see if you're missing something from your application, like CASPer. I'm not sure if they're still doing interviews now though...current students could enlighten you on that.

Wow, ok. If you've checked your LU email and there's been zero correspondence, I would say maybe call admissions and see if you're missing something from your application, like CASPer. I'm not sure if they're still doing interviews now though...current students could enlighten you on that.
Ill have to do that. But you would think if I was missing smoething they would let me know!

The same thing happened to me until I emailed them giving them an update of everything I had been up to. After that, they gave me an invite to an interview. This all happened around February.
I just sent them an email requesting an update.. I already have an acceptance to CCOM but it would be nice to at least get the official rejection or something like that.

I just sent them an email requesting an update.. I already have an acceptance to CCOM but it would be nice to at least get the official rejection or something like that.
Congrats! From what they told us during the interview, the class has already been completely filled. The last interviews the currently held were for the waitlist just in case they needed spots to fill.

I was accepted! Can't wait to move to Virginia and meet all of you future classmates!

Reactions: 5 users
Ok, so I know I’m going to sound neurotic, but...if we’ve paid our deposit and we’ve been working our way through the admissions checklist, there’s nothing else we need to do, right? Like an official ‘accept’ button like AMCAS has for choosing only one school by 4/30?

Ok, so I know I’m going to sound neurotic, but...if we’ve paid our deposit and we’ve been working our way through the admissions checklist, there’s nothing else we need to do, right? Like an official ‘accept’ button like AMCAS has for choosing only one school by 4/30?
No, I think you are good to go! Deposits, Immunizations, and Financial aid stuff are probably the biggest things so you should be good. I am loving that checklist though. Makes me feel more on top of things.

Anyone else not hear a single thing after submitting their secondary? I haven't heard anything at all!

I interviewed in early April and they told us that we were the last day of interviews.

I interviewed in early April and they told us that we were the last day of interviews.
I knew at that point I wasn't going to get an interview, but I was just confused as to why i didnt hear anything. I didn't even get a pre-interview rejection. I emailed them twice for an update and they never responded. At this point it doesnt matter. I have an acceptance elsewhere. It's just weird and kind of unprofessional in my opinion.

I knew at that point I wasn't going to get an interview, but I was just confused as to why i didnt hear anything. I didn't even get a pre-interview rejection. I emailed them twice for an update and they never responded. At this point it doesnt matter. I have an acceptance elsewhere. It's just weird and kind of unprofessional in my opinion.

I agree. I think silent rejections should be illegal haha. After schools stop interviewing, there should just be a mass email sent out to remaining applicants. It’s the least they could do!

I have an interview at LUCOM on Sept 9, 2019. I would love to stay with a student host if possible. If there's an incoming female student here that would be willing to host me, please PM me!

I have an interview at LUCOM on Sept 9, 2019. I would love to stay with a student host if possible. If there's an incoming female student here that would be willing to host me, please PM me!

Try here!