2019-2020 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They switched to online classes in March, and have done online lab quizzes and videos the anatomy lab faculty makes. We have received no information about being online for the fall, however, contingency plans are being put in place for all possibilities.

The first block is BFOM which only has PCM and OMM labs, and will last from the first day until early September. After that gross anatomy lab starts in IMSK, at which time we will know much more about social distancing precautions that must be taken. Labs are already broken up into groups of 80, so they could theoretically be broken down into more lab groups of 40 or 20 if necessary, the scheduling would just be trickier.
Thank you so much for all that info! What exactly is PCM? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently waitlisted at my top choice, Paid my deposit here. is there any backlash if I withdraw my acceptance if I get into the other school. I know that I will lose the deposit
What kind of backlash?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to email/submit anything other than a request to join the Facebook group for admitted students?

Just got the call this afternoon. Accepted off of the Priority Waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, I’ve got a question. How realistic is it that we have in-person orientation or classes in the summer months? I’m trying to remain positive that things will be normal by then, but I just want to check all my bases first.

Hey guys, I’ve got a question. How realistic is it that we have in-person orientation or classes in the summer months? I’m trying to remain positive that things will be normal by then, but I just want to check all my bases first.

This question was recently asked on the class Facebook page, and the answer given was that they are planning for both an in person and online orientation and classes, and they will let us know something as soon as they do. LU main campus hasn’t issued a decision about fall classes either.

The state of Virginia is currently still in phase 1, and we’re expecting announcements this week from Gov Northam about further reopening as well as education for the fall, so fingers cross we know something soon!

PS: a state of emergency was declared Sunday evening because of protesting in Richmond. Not sure if that factors into anything at this point, but things are crazy everywhere it seems. I would advise any med student to keep an eye on the state news for their new school.

Reactions: 1 user
For current students, do we need a specific type of sports bra for OMM lab? I feel like someone had said something to me about it, but I can't find anything in the handbook or online

For current students, do we need a specific type of sports bra for OMM lab? I feel like someone had said something to me about it, but I can't find anything in the handbook or online

Non-racerback...they can be tricky to find, so please share a link if you find a good one! I recommend something more substantial than just a simple think camisole.

Non-racerback...they can be tricky to find, so please share a link if you find a good one! I recommend something more substantial than just a simple think camisole.
Okay, that's what I thought! Thank you!

I found this on amazon... it was the least non-racerback design I could find. Do you think this would work?
Amazon product

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying for the 2021 cycle and have a question for whoever would like to respond. For those who have and will be applying, why choose LU when they have such a bad reputation? Is there something I don't fully know or understand?

I'm applying for the 2021 cycle and have a question for whoever would like to respond. For those who have and will be applying, why choose LU when they have such a bad reputation? Is there something I don't fully know or understand?

The conservative Christian policies of the undergraduate university and the views & public comments of the university President are very polarizing. LUCOM has a 99% placement rate for this year's match, excellent caring faculty, and I would recommend that anyone thinking of attending LUCOM come experience the school for themselves.

Reactions: 3 users
Jerry Falwell Jr. has a bad reputation. LU has a questionable and polarizing reputation. LUCOM has almost no reputation because it's so new. But their matches have been great with many competitive specialties this year, and it is performing better than most of the other new DO schools. Also it's tuition and CoA are relatively cheap, Lynchburg is pretty nice, and the community seems very caring and collaborative. After my interview day, it went from a safety option to one of my top choices.

Like pagingdoctormom said, the medical school is practically separate from the operations of the undergrad and most of the things you see online about Liberty are from people who don't attend Liberty. You just have to check out the school yourself to make an informed opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed here and personally loved it. Definitely apply and experience it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I hope I am not the only one in this position but I am currently on the priority list at LUCOM. I have reached out to the admissions committee via email and called the office but I cannot seem to get a hold of them or understand where they are in the process. Has there been any movement lately?

I've got a really random question. How does the white coat distribution go? I'm asking because I lost some weight since my interview, and I'm not sure if the size I had picked then will work for me now. :confused:

I've got a really random question. How does the white coat distribution go? I'm asking because I lost some weight since my interview, and I'm not sure if the size I had picked then will work for me now. :confused:

Last year there was an option to swap sizes if you needed to, also they’re distributed during orientation, so if you needed a small alteration but not a whole size change you’ll have time to get alterations done before the ceremony. We don’t wear them very often 1st year anyway.

If anyone is still looking for a place to live, I have a master bedroom available in a beautiful townhome in the Cornerstone neighborhood nearby the institution. The 2 others living there are LUCOM first years as well. Please reach out to me if you are interested.

Is anyone living in a one bedroom at the Oasis? If so can you please like this message, reply to it, or message me so that I can ask you a question? Thanks so much. I would really appreciate it!