2019-2020 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call :):):). I didn’t think much about this school until I went there and interviewed, but it’s now on top of my list. They have a very strong curriculum and genuinely want to offer the best to their students. It definitely is a nurturing environment And I encourage anyone to strongly consider this school.

do you mind me asking who it was that called you?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone receive a complete email after sending the primary? I never got a secondary.. I may have been screened out, but I never even got an email about receiving my primary.

Did everyone receive a complete email after sending the primary? I never got a secondary.. I may have been screened out, but I never even got an email about receiving my primary.
Yeah, I received an email after submitting my primary. I'd suggest contacting the school just to make sure that everything (letters, scores, etc.) got through to them. They have been super helpful every time I have contacted them.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 10/10, accepted 10/23!

I was very impressed by the entire interview process. LUCOM is on the top of my list!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 10/21, accepted 10/29 :love:

My first acceptance, this feels like a dream! Good luck everyone and stay relaxed if you have an interview! It's a very small group and I did not feel confident about my interview itself but it worked out!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 10/21, accepted 10/29 :love:

My first acceptance, this feels like a dream! Good luck everyone and stay relaxed if you have an interview! It's a very small group and I did not feel confident about my interview itself but it worked out!

Thanks for the encouragement! Did any of the questions catch you off guard? Were they fairly conversational?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the encouragement! Did any of the questions catch you off guard? Were they fairly conversational?

They were definitely very conversational but it was my first open file interview, so I was thrown a little when they started asking about my low sGPA and master's program. Just know how to explain your story and show growth, be confident in your ability to succeed and show it.

They also asked us for an ethical scenario we have experienced and if you didn't have one they would give you an example to respond to. One guy they gave all 4 examples. It was hard to get used to them sitting with your entire application right in front of them. My interviewers flipped the pages back and forth which was intimidating, it was really a matter of staying calm and collected.

They all are incredibly nice though and the admissions workers memorize every detail about you, so they are super personable and truly want to get to know the person they've read about. It was a great experience! They stress that you've made it this far, they truly just want to see if you fit their mission and would do well in their type of environment.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!! By the way, quick note from my interview day experience and my time in the town.... I was beyond impressed. I honestly did not have this school high on my list, but it quickly shot up to my top D.O. school. I found the city of Lynchburg incredible compared to many of the other towns I have explored during my other interviews. It's not too big and not too small and it seemed to have everything that people of all types and personalities would enjoy (outdoorsy activities, shops, restaurants, etc.). I personally love college towns and with several other colleges also in Lynchburg, it really fit that mold for me. The school itself was also great! It's separated from the undergrad institution so you don't have to deal with parking crap, BUT it's close enough (a couple of minutes) that you aren't isolated from the rest of the students. Facilities were excellent... nice libraries, study rooms, anatomy lab, lockerroom with showers, and everything looked brand new (because it all basically is). But the most important thing, at least to me, was the people that I met there. I've been on several interviews before going to LUCOM, but the faculty and even the students all seemed to deeply care about, not only each other, but us applicants interviewing that day as well. It wasn't forced or fake and it was honestly took me by so much surprise as I had assumed I had just gotten a feel already for how the culture at med schools just tended to be. If any of you all are on the fence about LUCOM, I'd take a second look. You might end up like me and even with other acceptances, yet still choosing Liberty when you weren't expecting to. Good luck you all!

Edit: Interviewed 10/28

Wonderful school with wonderful support. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview day and have friends who are OMS-1 there. They really make you feel at home. However, I withdrew my acceptance today and hope it goes to one off you guys on the waitlist. Wonderful program and they have a shooting range on campus ;) Wonderful program that will continue to grow as they graduate more students. Best of luck to all of you.

Does this school give silent rejections?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I would definitely check your Liberty email account. I didn't know that it existed and found out that I had an interview invite days later. If you have already checked that, then contact admissions directly. I had an issue with my letters not going through correctly and they handled it immediately and very nicely. They're super helpful! Best of luck!

Anyone interviewing 11/18? Let me know! I’m super nervous xD

Anyone interviewing 11/18? Let me know! I’m super nervous xD
Don’t be! They are super relaxed interviews and they honestly are focused on making sure you have a great time there and feel comfortable. Deep breaths and smiles are essential!

Congrats to all accepted. Interviewing here 11/11. Stoked and nervous.

Has anyone who interviewed the week of 10/28 heard their decision yet?

Hey all,

For those that were interviewed, how long after your application was complete did you receive an invitation?
Thank you!

Hey all,

For those that were interviewed, how long after your application was complete did you receive an invitation?
Thank you!

Mine was a few days, but that was very early in the cycle!

Don’t be! They are super relaxed interviews and they honestly are focused on making sure you have a great time there and feel comfortable. Deep breaths and smiles are essential!
Thanks for the boost !

Does anyone know the acceptance rate here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who had the "pending interview" status in the application portal. How long did it take to get your II after having that status?

For those who had the "pending interview" status in the application portal. How long did it take to get your II after having that status?
Where are you checking your status? I haven't seen any status updates when I log in.
Thank you!

Does anyone know the acceptance rate here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe 50-60% of those who are interviewed get accepted, they told us at my interview that they give ~600 II to accept ~300 for a class of ~150-62....I think? Not 100% sure on that last number for matriculation but ~300 accepted

I followed this person's advice! If it weren't for that, I would never have found the portal.
Thank you so much! Mine says "Provisional Status." Not sure if that is indicative of anything. I see that there are items that I have submitted on my Application Checklist that do not have a received date. Perhaps that received date actually means reviewed date? Does yours show all of the items as received?

Thank you so much! Mine says "Provisional Status." Not sure if that is indicative of anything. I see that there are items that I have submitted on my Application Checklist that do not have a received date. Perhaps that received date actually means reviewed date? Does yours show all of the items as received?
When did you submit your secondary and which parts of your application doesn't have a recieved date? If you know that everything should be in and there's no recieved date, I suggest you contact the school. They're incredibly nice and helpful!

Hey everyone! Stoked to be interviewing here soon. I just had a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to while I was skimming this thread. How long does the whole interview day last? And if I book a flight for after the interview, would there be someplace I can stow my bag during the day? Thanks!

Hey everyone! Stoked to be interviewing here soon. I just had a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to while I was skimming this thread. How long does the whole interview day last? And if I book a flight for after the interview, would there be someplace I can stow my bag during the day? Thanks!
The day lasts from 8am-3pm. And yes, they have a place to stow your luggage during the day. Best of luck!

I will be withdrawing my acceptance as I got another closer to home and better for my family, best of luck to you all! :)

Just got an interview invite this morning!

Can anyone comment on the interview experience here? Have mine coming up and the common questions found on SDN are a little more in depth and complicated than other places I’ve interviewed at.