2018-2019 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the white coat date ? Parents already planning

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do ppl think I'll fit in if I'm not a devout Christian? I'm Christian, I'm just not super observant. I just loved the school and atmosphere and I think I should cancel Campbell Bc 1) I don't feel like going there to interview for waitlist 2) I don't like how super rural it is / more difficult to get to/ far... 3) LUCOM FELT RIGHT. But I've read I might be a bit out of place. I hope not Bc I loved it

How do ppl think I'll fit in if I'm not a devout Christian? I'm Christian, I'm just not super observant. I just loved the school and atmosphere and I think I should cancel Campbell Bc 1) I don't feel like going there to interview for waitlist 2) I don't like how super rural it is / more difficult to get to/ far... 3) LUCOM FELT RIGHT. But I've read I might be a bit out of place. I hope not Bc I loved it

I’m in the same boat as you and I’ve been told by many people that it’s super welcoming and loving regardless of your religious standing.

Reactions: 2 users
I also have so much confidence in how they prepare students for the boards exams! They're doing phenomenal and Ik I would be just as well prepared for the major tests at lucom as I would anywhere. I also like that lucom has surrounding stuff. Obvs not a popping metropolis but compared to CUSOM, it basically is. From what I've heard, Campbell is a school in the middle of grass lands and then it's like MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, closest thing is a walmart which is 15 mins away and all the students like 30 mins from campus where there is actual forms of civilization. it's a great school --- but for me, those r major drawbacks and lucom didn't have that feel!

Can someone post a link of where I can find lucom apparel? I looked all over the book store website and it's all liberty stuff but not specifically med school. I saw students wearing med school attire at my interview (it was dress down day Bc they all passed their patient encounters- so students were wearing jeans and lucom shirts/ sweatshirts)

This is what I found from a quick Google, maybe someone who goes there currently has more info.

https://squareup.com/store/lucom-saa
Can someone post a link of where I can find lucom apparel? I looked all over the book store website and it's all liberty stuff but not specifically med school. I saw students wearing med school attire at my interview (it was dress down day Bc they all passed their patient encounters- so students were wearing jeans and lucom shirts/ sweatshirts)

I bought something from the bookstore when I was there, but the girl literally had to go get it from the storage room. They were so helpful, if you call them they might be willing to ship you something if you really wanted it now.

At the open house all the student organizations were selling shirts and stuff, and I saw someone on the Facebook page say there would be stuff for sale during orientation and that some of it would fit the dress code too.

Sorry I'm being annoying (stressing about something out of Mymensingh control lol how productive) did they call u in afternoon? / was it on the day that they said they'd call? I interviewed last Thursday and he said the earliest we'd hear isn't today and I haven't heard anything ☹️ Thought it went well and I love the school. I have another acceptance but I'd love to go here
They called me around 1 p.m. (california time), they told me the earliest was approximately 2 weeks post interview. Good luck!

I called the book store and they literally emailed me pics of all the lucom apparel in my size and I purchased a sweatshirt over the phone and they're shipping it to me!!! If you're interested, def call them! They have great stuff! No clue why it's not publicly available

Members don't see this ad :)
is this school still hosting interviews? If so, until when?

They denied my request to join group... I am in the class of 2023 so what do I do??

Retry. They rejected my request too lol - but i like to stir the pot, so...

They might of just not recognized your name. If all else fail FB message Asa or Chris (the admins).

Retry. They rejected my request too lol - but i like to stir the pot, so...

They might of just not recognized your name. If all else fail FB message Asa or Chris (the admins).
But how would they know my name (and if I'm in the class)? R asa and chris students ?

I was rejected at first too, I think they get a list from the admissions committee of who has been accepted. It may just take some time for that to be updated.
But how would they know my name (and if I'm in the class)? R asa and chris students ?

Reactions: 1 user
I was rejected at first too, I think they get a list from the admissions committee of who has been accepted. It may just take some time for that to be updated.
Yes I'm hoping I can find a roommate. R ppl posting about that? Do they tell u good places To live ?

There have been a couple of people posting about it, but I don't think you've missed anything major! The posts about good places to live will still be there when you're accepted in which I'm sure will be in a couple days. I can pass on some of the info on good apartments if you don't feel like waiting though.
Yes I'm hoping I can find a roommate. R ppl posting about that? Do they tell u good places To live ?

There have been a couple of people posting about it, but I don't think you've missed anything major! The posts about good places to live will still be there when you're accepted in which I'm sure will be in a couple days. I can pass on some of the info on good apartments if you don't feel like waiting though.
No worries! I was jw Bc I know I'll want a roommate to cut down costs also living alone would probs get lonely haha even though I'd hardly see the other person

No worries! I was jw Bc I know I'll want a roommate to cut down costs also living alone would probs get lonely haha even though I'd hardly see the other person
The overall advice has been that apartment complexes aren’t taking renters for fall until May at the earliest, so you’ve still got time to be added to the group and find a roommate.

You can also post your preferences here and ask potential roommates to pm you.

Any current students: will you give us newcomers a rundown of how you’re tested in each block (professor written exams or standardized), how you prepare for exams and keep up with class material, and what resources were helpful or not helpful to you as an OMS-1?

Any current students: will you give us newcomers a rundown of how you’re tested in each block (professor written exams or standardized), how you prepare for exams and keep up with class material, and what resources were helpful or not helpful to you as an OMS-1?

OMS-1 exams are made by the professors but are standardized and reviewed by the medical education office. Just staying caught up and reviewing the powerpoints will get you fairly far in most classes. Anatomy is a different beast, gotta put in lab time. As far as resources go - First Aide for USMLE, Rohen Anatomy, Savarese for OMM, and Pathoma. I think some of the gunners in my class memorized that crap before school ever started. Not i.

Just figure our how YOU study best and stick to it. I spent way too much time emulating what others were doing and it just didnt work for me.

Asa and Chris are in Public Relations and Student Services (not students). Yeah, They would know your name.

OMS-1 exams are made by the professors but are standardized and reviewed by the medical education office. Just staying caught up and reviewing the powerpoints will get you fairly far in most classes. Anatomy is a different beast, gotta put in lab time. As far as resources go - First Aide for USMLE, Rohen Anatomy, Savarese for OMM, and Pathoma. I think some of the gunners in my class memorized that crap before school ever started. Not i.

Just figure our how YOU study best and stick to it. I spent way too much time emulating what others were doing and it just didnt work for me.

Asa and Chris are in Public Relations and Student Services (not students). Yeah, They would know your name.
I use my first and middle name on fb. Not last name

Also that's my biggest fear (about people who memorized stuff before med school) hopefully I'm not at a disadvantage. Like I've never taken A and P

Also that's my biggest fear (about people who memorized stuff before med school) hopefully I'm not at a disadvantage. Like I've never taken A and P

I had taken A&P like 8 years prior... and it helped me none. You won't be behind.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s helpful!
My current study strategy involves condensing notes by hand and drawing/writing things out. I cannot learn just by listening to lectures, so my biggest worry is that I won’t be efficient enough to keep up.

I interviewed recently. Are there still seats available for the class? Dr. Patton was not there so they were not able to tell us exactly what our chances were.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s helpful!
My current study strategy involves condensing notes by hand and drawing/writing things out. I cannot learn just by listening to lectures, so my biggest worry is that I won’t be efficient enough to keep up.

If i do go to lectures the chances of me retaining anything are slim. I have to read the power points and write out stuff. I'm not an auditory learner. You will be fine!

I interviewed recently. Are there still seats available for the class? Dr. Patton was not there so they were not able to tell us exactly what our chances were.

I'm not sure. I'll ask Monday morning if i see anyone from admissions.

I'm not sure. I'll ask Monday morning if i see anyone from admissions.
Lol you’re so nice. I’m so excited to be in the class. Any last thoughts of how the student class is broken up as far as religious to nah? Like I don’t go to church regularly but I celebrate holidays, go to Christmas services, relatively spiritual but not really “religious”

Lol you’re so nice. I’m so excited to be in the class. Any last thoughts of how the student class is broken up as far as religious to nah? Like I don’t go to church regularly but I celebrate holidays, go to Christmas services, relatively spiritual but not really “religious”
If i had to guess - probably 25% Very religious, 25% just normal religious, 25% no clue, 25% non-religious. Complete guess though.

Also do u know anyone on the HPSP? I’m hopefully attending through the Air Force program
Yes, there are a crap load of HPSPers as well as a good number or active/reserve guys/gals in each class.

Also I got the call but still haven’t received anything to make the deposit..? I just emailed admissions but how long did that take for u guys to get

Also I got the call but still haven’t received anything to make the deposit..? I just emailed admissions but how long did that take for u guys to get
If you go to My LU, there should be an acceptance checklist with a link to pay the deposit.

Make sure you're checking your Liberty email from now on...everything you need should be emailed through there, and that's what they'll use from here on out to communicate with you.

How long do u get to pay deposit?

My email was dated 2/8 and my payment deadline was 3/9. I do believe at some point the deadline moves up from 1 month to 2 weeks, but I’m not sure when that is.

Edited to add: according to the traffic guidelines they gave us on interview day, anyone accepted between Jan 15 and May 1 will have 30 days from acceptance to pay their deposit.

I got into my email finally ... ur right everything was there and my deposit is due March 21! Thanks for the help

Also do u know anyone on the HPSP? I’m hopefully attending through the Air Force program
Message me, I'm the current Vice President of the military medicine group. I'll put you in contact with some Air Force HPSP that can help you out.

Most of the apparel is sold by the clubs throughout the year and won't be available online. There's many options to chose from and most will be made available to you during club day (usually in August).

Last edited: