2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be there on 8/30!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Like exactly two weeks ago I think. Everyone who is interviewing this week is EDP I believe
Yeah same here. I think bdoc and I received II's the same day. Be on the lookout for me tomorrow; I'll be in cut-off jeans and a sleeveless flannel :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're probably in the first batch! My friends in MCG right now said the school doesn't even know where they'll stage the MMIs yet. Man, I hope I get an II from here soon.

Congrats!
Current M1 here. They’re doing MMIs in the rooms where we usually have standardized patients. They had a batch of ED interviews this past week!

Just a heads up to people waiting to hear back: interviews this year are on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

II for MSTP this morning!

II for MSTP this morning!
Ugh, jelly! MCG is my state school and am dying to hear back from them as well. Wasn't complete until like 8/17 though because I forgot to send in lawful presence documents smh lol
Do you mind me asking what interview dates you had to choose from?

Ugh, jelly! MCG is my state school and am dying to hear back from them as well. Wasn't complete until like 8/17 though because I forgot to send in lawful presence documents smh lol
Do you mind me asking what interview dates you had to choose from?
It's my state school, too! :)
They gave me the option of September 20 (followed by PhD interview on the 21st) or September 27 (and PhD on 28th).

It's my state school, too! :)
They gave me the option of September 20 (followed by PhD interview on the 21st) or September 27 (and PhD on 28th).
Awesome, well congrats!

Maybe I'll catch an II before one of those dates and meet you at the interview :) I can't imagine MCG gets that many MD/PhD applicants. Last year it was only 63!

Awesome, well congrats!

Maybe I'll catch an II before one of those dates and meet you at the interview :) I can't imagine MCG gets that many MD/PhD applicants. Last year it was only 63!
That would be awesome! PM me if you do and we can arrange to meet there! Best of luck -- they took a while to get back to me after my completion date (7/23), so maybe you'll hear from them in a couple weeks or so.

Anyone who went on the MMI, would you mind sharing how it went? I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for one, and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :):):)

Anyone who went on the MMI, would you mind sharing how it went? I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for one, and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :):):)
I did one at UCLA and it was basically like an elevator speech. At UCLA it went like: 1. You read the question posted on the door 2. A bell rings for you to walk in 3. You shake hands (Don't introduce yourself because you have a name tag) 4. you answer question/talk to the person across from you for 6-8minutes. 5. Bell rings and you get up and get out 6. You move to the next station.

It can be fun but being nervous can ruin you.

Did anyone else list AP courses for their pre-reqs? I have AP English credits but the system isn't accepting it because I didn't enter a valid letter grade, but AP classes don't award letter grades. How am I supposed to enter AP courses on the secondary?

For anyone who interviewed this past week: how do we go about sending thank you letters/emails? I don't have the info of all of the interviewers, and I feel like if I sent it to the dean it would just be lost amongst all of the other emails I'm sure she gets.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else list AP courses for their pre-reqs? I have AP English credits but the system isn't accepting it because I didn't enter a valid letter grade, but AP classes don't award letter grades. How am I supposed to enter AP courses on the secondary?
Hey I had AP credits for English too. I believe on the secondary I listed them as AP credits, and for the letter grade I wrote "K" b/c that's how it showed up on my undergrad's transcript. I hope this helps!

I did one at UCLA and it was basically like an elevator speech. At UCLA it went like: 1. You read the question posted on the door 2. A bell rings for you to walk in 3. You shake hands (Don't introduce yourself because you have a name tag) 4. you answer question/talk to the person across from you for 6-8minutes. 5. Bell rings and you get up and get out 6. You move to the next station.

It can be fun but being nervous can ruin you.
Thank you! I'm just going to try my best to practice and prepare for these. They do sound fun. :)

When submitting pre-req courses, did you all make a separate entry for the lab portion or just checked the box that the lab was included? For instance, Organic Chem I was 2400 and Organic Chem I lab was course CHEM3100 and had a separate grade. Would you advise to put in two different course entries for this?

I graduated in 2016 and didn't know that they would change up the pre-req/AP policy for chemistry (2 years, no AP allowed) -is there anything I can do to get an exemption or something??
My understanding even they don't accept AP, they accept advance chemistry classes to cover for that. so if you chemistry or Biochemistry they could use the advance classes instead.

I understand ED acceptances went out today - nearly 20. Not sure how many interviewed but I believe there were four days of interviews. Good luck to the regular decision folks!

Acceptance email came yesterday. EDP

Reactions: 8 users
When submitting pre-req courses, did you all make a separate entry for the lab portion or just checked the box that the lab was included? For instance, Organic Chem I was 2400 and Organic Chem I lab was course CHEM3100 and had a separate grade. Would you advise to put in two different course entries for this?
Hi friend, we went to the same undergrad :)
To answer your question, they are separate courses for organic chem, so lab is not included and you should make separate entries.

To answer your question, they are separate courses for organic chem, so lab is not included and you should make separate entries.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it :)

Congratulations you two!! How were the MMIs?
I can't speak for them, but I heard directly that the MMI interviews were very straight forward without surprises or gotchas. Everyone in your group gets the same questions. I was a little surprised that many current med students are interviewers.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@looptheloop just got an II but it says for regular admissions and mentions nothing about Md/PhD. Did your MD/PhD interview specifically mention it in the email?! Really confused but excited!

@looptheloop just got an II but it says for regular admissions and mentions nothing about Md/PhD. Did your MD/PhD interview specifically mention it in the email?! Really confused but excited!
Congrats on the II! To answer your question, the title of the email says nothing about MD vs MSTP, but the body of the email does discuss that. The first mention of MSTP reads, "The MD / PhD interview process will take place over two days, with PhD interviews occurring on Fridays, following MD interviews on Thursdays."
I would suggest checking the portal, but I am pretty sure the portal doesn't say anything specific to MSTP.

Might be worth emailing them, though. For Pritzker, I got a normal MD II and I emailed them to ask and they said it was a mistake and they meant to send the MSTP one!

Congrats on the II! To answer your question, the title of the email says nothing about MD vs MSTP, but the body of the email does discuss that. The first mention of MSTP reads, "The MD / PhD interview process will take place over two days, with PhD interviews occurring on Fridays, following MD interviews on Thursdays."
I would suggest checking the portal, but I am pretty sure the portal doesn't say anything specific to MSTP.

Might be worth emailing them, though. For Pritzker, I got a normal MD II and I emailed them to ask and they said it was a mistake and they meant to send the MSTP one!

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t even have that mentioned in my email. It seems exclusive for MD only.
I will definitely give them a call tomorrow for clarification.

Also, I read online on the MD/PhD admissions page that they would send additional questionnaires/supplemental applications to qualified applicants as part of the pre-interview evaluation. Did you receive one of these perhaps?

Thanks!

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t even have that mentioned in my email. It seems exclusive for MD only.
I will definitely give them a call tomorrow for clarification.

Also, I read online on the MD/PhD admissions page that they would send additional questionnaires/supplemental applications to qualified applicants as part of the pre-interview evaluation. Did you receive one of these perhaps?

Thanks!
I don't remember getting any sort of questionaire or supplemental app :shrug:

I don't remember getting any sort of questionaire or supplemental app :shrug:
Hmm, well that’s actually good news! I didn’t either. Maybe I really did just get the wrong email II template. Also, I feel like they would have told me I’m not eligible for the MD/PhD before automatically assuming me for MD only.
Here’s to hoping! Still pumped about the II though!

Also, I feel like they would have told me I’m not eligible for the MD/PhD before automatically assuming me for MD only.

That's exactly why I ended up emailing Pritzker when I got that email, because I didn't get an outright rejection from MD/PhD when the MD II came. So, I definitely agree that it's worth checking. Whatever the outcome -- still congrats for the II! I changed my date to a later one than the one I was originally offered so maybe we'll fall on the same interview date.

That's exactly why I ended up emailing Pritzker when I got that email, because I didn't get an outright rejection from MD/PhD when the MD II came. So, I definitely agree that it's worth checking. Whatever the outcome -- still congrats for the II! I changed my date to a later one than the one I was originally offered so maybe we'll fall on the same interview date.
Just spoke with Dr. Cameron in the MD/PhD program. He was super nice but ultimately said my application was not competitive enough for the dual MD/PhD coming in at M0.
Good news is that he said they give heavy consideration to internal applicants to the program after G1. So that could be an option!

when you're LM 79 but been OOS for 5 years but still visit home every break in GA but no II :(

Just spoke with Dr. Cameron in the MD/PhD program. He was super nice but ultimately said my application was not competitive enough for the dual MD/PhD coming in at M0.
Good news is that he said they give heavy consideration to internal applicants to the program after G1. So that could be an option!
Sorry to hear that, but also great news about the internal application for MD/PhD! I think that if you're dead set on a school/location then that might be the way to go.

when you're LM 79 but been OOS for 5 years but still visit home every break in GA but no II :(

Did you continue your official residence in Georgia? Lots of people are in school for 4-5 years OOS and then enroll at MCG. Or were you doing something else besides school for the past several years?

Did you continue your official residence in Georgia? Lots of people are in school for 4-5 years OOS and then enroll at MCG. Or were you doing something else besides school for the past several years?

Yeah my official residency was in GA, but I was OOS for 4 years during UGrad