2018-2019 NYU Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received II Thursday evening. I submitted March 4th. Average GPA, good MCAT. I chose internal medicine. I’m a little bit of a different candidate, I come from a public health background and really enjoy longitudinal medicine/internal medicine. Interview options were April 4, 5, 7. I’m going April 5th.

What is considered an "average" MCAT score? I think my MCAT score was also pretty average, but I'm not really sure since the numbers seem to be so inflated on SDN haha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they accept updates? Do we just upload them on the portal or email?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon for internal medicine, available dates April 8th-11th. At this rate, it seems like they might be working their way through a large number of applicants until the beginning of May. LM 70 as another data point.

Also an II this afternoon for internal medicine!!! Interviewing April 8th, and submitted the secondary on March 11th. LM 68

Reactions: 1 users
LM 65 just submitted my app, hope it doesn't affect me too badly

Man, I'm sad, submitted March 1st for Int Med, LM 72, high MCAT decent GPA no interview. RIPERONI

Same. I wonder how many interview spots they have left with the plethora of II's we've been seeing on this thread and the fact that their class size is only 24
It seems like it has only been internal medicine though. Maybe they are going speciality by specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know why they state january as last acceptable mcat? Thoughts on applying with test date later than that?

Assuming I got looked over already. But is there state preference here?

forgot to submit a photo...

so i guess im complete now lol

This is so weird. I never got a secondary and thought I got screened out for some reason but it looks like they sent one to everyone.

This is so weird. I never got a secondary and thought I got screened out for some reason but it looks like they sent one to everyone.
I don't think there's a pre-secondary screen based on stats.

Based on the posts here, it looks like NYU-LI has caught up on reading apps. Those who submitted earlier but haven't heard back might be put on hold?? Or, they might be stratifying apps based on LizzyM (or something similar). just some random speculations.

II while abroad earlier this week- Friday I think. I chose internal medicine, available dates then were april 4/5. LM 70

Last edited:
Around how many people do you think they’re interviewing this year? Asking because a lot of people on SDN seemed to get interviews haha

Around how many people do you think they’re interviewing this year? Asking because a lot of people on SDN seemed to get interviews haha

It appears as if everyone and their mother has been invited. I'm excluded (of course).

Reactions: 10 users

Class size is 24 and I'm guessing that most people who get accepted will attend. If you decided to throw in an app and attend an interview this late into the cycle then you're most likely serious about the school. Also, the tuition is free. Maybe they'll admit around 30. If they accept 1/3 of the people they admit then that's 90 interviews

def feel like they are stratifying by LM's for now

Reactions: 2 users
also how much did y'all write for the secondary? I wrote probs around 650 words for IM

Hello. Good luck everyone! Just commenting here really so it'll alert me when there's new posts! Sorry haha!

Do you guys think if I'm registered to retake the MCAT in April/May they will still accept it.

I have the same question if taking mcat first date in April..any shot they'll take it? would it hurt to apply?
For this cycle (starting class July 2019), that mcat is too late

From their website:
"Latest acceptable Medical College Admissions Test® (MCAT®) exam score for 2019 application cycle January 24, 2019"

That mcat date would definitely be fine for the next cycle though (starting class July 2020)

II received today 3/20 for internal medicine- app submitted 3/16, MCAT 516, GPA 3.8. Wrote around 1000 words for the secondary app question. Remaining interview days were April 10-12 for me.

II today! Applied surgery, LM 78, complete on 3/8.

Hey - for those that submitted updates, did you email or go through the portal? If through the portal, how?

II today, LM70 complete march 4, internal medicine! dates avail apr 10-12

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Oh gosh, can't believe that I actually wrote 2500 words.

Based on the posts here, it seems that they interview 5 (?) days a week for 6 weeks, and probably 20 people a day.

Potentially 600 spots (!!!?) and still none for me.

Oh gosh, can't believe that I actually wrote 2500 words.

Based on the posts here, it seems that they interview 5 (?) days a week for 6 weeks, and probably 20 people a day.

Potentially 600 spots (!!!?) and still none for me.
Lmao where are these numbers from?

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone get an interview yet who selected peds??

Did anyone get an interview yet who selected peds??

Two previous posters (both with LizzyM 75) chose peds and got interviews 3/15 for dates Ar[il 1-5. It seems these may have been from an initial admissions office screen for high stats (?), and the committee from peds choosing interview candidates has yet to send out invites. This is my hope at least, having chosen peds with a lower LizzyM!

Reactions: 6 users