2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Jefferson have any in-state bias?

Members don't see this ad.

Does Jefferson have any in-state bias?
No, I do not believe so. There are so many choices, in terms of medical schools, in Pennsylvania that I do not think that any bias exists.

No, I do not believe so. There are so many choices, in terms of medical schools, in Pennsylvania that I do not think that any bias exists.

Actually, according to their website, they are the state medical school for the state of Delaware, so special consideration for students from Delaware is given.

Edit: Apparently too new to post a link to the page, but go to their admissions FAQ, it's the second question they list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, according to their website, they are the state medical school for the state of Delaware, so special consideration for students from Delaware is given.

Edit: Apparently too new to post a link to the page, but go to their admissions FAQ, it's the second question they list.

It says that they don't give preference, just preferential treatment.... what is the difference??

It says that they don't give preference, just preferential treatment.... what is the difference??
Yup, they do give Delaware special consideration because they are the state school for DE. But, they do not give preferential treatment to PA residents obviously. Basically, there are a set number of seats filled by DE residents, but that is the only "preferential" treatment given.

Reactions: 1 users
Do people have "in review" statuses? I submitted on 6/29 and still just says complete

Does Jefferson offer international electives?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else not receive a secondary yet? I was verified on July 13th.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else not receive a secondary yet? I was verified on July 13th.
Was verified the 19th and thought I still hadn't received the secondary, but just checked my spam due to worry and I received it the 20th smh. So check your junk/spam folder!

Do you think if I didn't get the secondary back within 2 weeks that I'm out of the running? My parents booked our 2-week family vacation right as secondaries came out and it made it nearly impossible for me to work on them when I was there.

Submitted today.

Do you think if I didn't get the secondary back within 2 weeks that I'm out of the running? My parents booked our 2-week family vacation right as secondaries came out and it made it nearly impossible for me to work on them when I was there.

Submitted today.

+1

Submitted today.
No, it is still really early! It should be fine!

No, it is still really early! It should be fine!
good to hear! i can never tell about the 2-week turnaround rule. i have been trying for 3 weeks because with my job and other life things, 2 weeks has not been doable at all

good to hear! i can never tell about the 2-week turnaround rule. i have been trying for 3 weeks because with my job and other life things, 2 weeks has not been doable at all
That is definitely understandable. If you know the prompts to some of the schools already and have not received a secondary yet, it may help to slowly pre-write your secondaries ahead of time!

Do they do silent rejection or should i be looking for my rejection on the portal? (FWIW complete 6/30)

Do they do silent rejection or should i be looking for my rejection on the portal? (FWIW complete 6/30)

From what I've heard it is a silent rejection. I have a friend who applied to Jeff last cycle, didn't get an II, but didn't get the official R via email until like March.

It is still super super early in the cycle though - don't count yourself out! I'm sure II's are gonna flood yo way soon from all your fave schools :)

II today! 7/24, PA resident (I know people have been saying they only give preference to DE but I saw on their website that they give preference to PA)

Reactions: 3 users
What are some examples of things applicants can update the school about?
It can really be anything. New volunteer hours, publications, awards, research opportunities etc. Even if it is minor you can always send it in. They really like updates and there is no cap on how many you can send.

Uh, did I already get rejected? No email, but my portal has "interview not offered" with a green check next to it right under the application complete box on the status page.

Anybody else have this? :(

Uh, did I already get rejected? No email, but my portal has "interview not offered" with a green check next to it right under the application complete box on the status page.

Where is it exactly , where you used to have “application complete “? When did it appear ?

I was complete by early July, and don't have this. It's possible, but it's also possible it's a "not yet" status.

Where is it exactly , where you used to have “application complete “? When did it appear ?
yeah it's right under "application complete" on the "application status" tab :/

I just checked it this morning after getting a LinkedIn notification saying TJ looked on my profile. damn maybe i need to clean up my LinkedIn lol

yeah it's right under "application complete" on the "application status" tab :/

I just checked it this morning after getting a LinkedIn notification saying TJ looked on my profile. damn maybe i need to clean up my LinkedIn lol

Interesting. I suppose I'm not surprised they look at your social/professional media, but to get confirmation like that is always a reality check.

I was complete by early July, and don't have this. It's possible, but it's also possible it's a "not yet" status.
haha I like your optimism! I'm not giving my hopes up though. It clearly says it :/

Just confirmed with admissions. The "interview not offered" status is indeed a rejection after review. Good luck to everyone else!

It can really be anything. New volunteer hours, publications, awards, research opportunities etc. Even if it is minor you can always send it in. They really like updates and there is no cap on how many you can send.
Pubs, new jobs and awards are the usual suspects
Thank you! I'm always a little scared to send updates because I'm unsure if the schools will get annoyed or not, but I'm glad jefferson welcomes them :)