2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear the bad news, when were you complete?
8/1
LizzyM 71

EDIT: was an MD/PhD applicant so maybe that brought attention to my app quicker than regular admission fyi

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Uh, did I already get rejected? No email, but my portal has "interview not offered" with a green check next to it right under the application complete box on the status page.

Anybody else have this? :(
Where is it exactly , where you used to have “application complete “? When did it appear ?
8/1
LizzyM 71

EDIT: was an MD/PhD applicant so maybe that brought attention to my app quicker than regular admission fyi[/QUOTE
8/1
LizzyM 71

EDIT: was an MD/PhD applicant so maybe that brought attention to my app quicker than regular admission fyi

I am sorry ... good luck with other schools !! Don’t give up , it is still early

Do you know if there is any way to check if they received our 3 additional letters? I checked the portal, but there is nothing extra for those letters. I think when I went to a campus visit this spring they had mentioned they won't review our app until we get the three letters in, so now I'm a bit anxious.
I'm not seeing any way to see if they received the letters. I guess we'll just have to call!

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have "your app is complete" and I submitted on 7/1.

Reactions: 3 users
II an hour ago! Complete 7/2

Reactions: 10 users
Hi Beautiful People,
I'm an international student studying in the US. I'm applying to medical schools next cycle. My academic statistics and overall goals for medicine (im really interested in ortho) suggest this is a good school for me.

Are any of you guys international students/ do any of you know whether international students get accepted into JeffMD?

Thanks!

Hi Beautiful People,
I'm an international student studying in the US. I'm applying to medical schools next cycle. My academic statistics and overall goals for medicine (im really interested in ortho) suggest this is a good school for me.

Are any of you guys international students/ do any of you know whether international students get accepted into JeffMD?

Thanks!
Not sure. Purchase the MSAR for like $28 USD, it'll give you acceptance data, including number of international admission offers, for every MD school. It's one of the most useful purchases I've made during this process (moreso than Casper practice tests, anyway)

Hi Beautiful People,

Thanks!

Are you a U.S. citizen/dual U.S. and your home country? If not, applying to medical schools in the states is a big risk and very difficult, and I encourage you to discuss this with your premed advising committee before looking any further. Whether or not Jeff accepts international students, most schools do not and the odds of acceptance are quite reduced. I'm not trying to discourage you from trying but I think you really need to hear the facts from your advising committee/MSAR to see what I mean! Def do some research ASAP

Not sure. Purchase the MSAR for like $28 USD, it'll give you acceptance data, including number of international admission offers, for every MD school. It's one of the most useful purchases I've made during this process (moreso than Casper practice tests, anyway)
Thanks! I was waiting to purchase the MSAR because I wanted to check it out after I took my MCAT in Jan. 2019. I didn't want to psych myself up about getting a certain score.

Are you a U.S. citizen/dual U.S. and your home country? If not, applying to medical schools in the states is a big risk and very difficult, and I encourage you to discuss this with your premed advising committee before looking any further. Whether or not Jeff accepts international students, most schools do not and the odds of acceptance are quite reduced. I'm not trying to discourage you from trying but I think you really need to hear the facts from your advising committee/MSAR to see what I mean! Def do some research ASAP
I only have citizenship in my home country. I talked to my pre-med and major-specific advisers and they were all supportive. Either way, to get accurate info about acceptances, it looks like I have to use MSAR. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I only have citizenship in my home country. I talked to my pre-med and major-specific advisers and they were all supportive. Either way, to get accurate info about acceptances, it looks like I have to use MSAR. Thanks!

To help you out a bit, I just checked MSAR and Jeff does accept international applicants; PM if you want to talk about this at all!

Reactions: 1 user
To help you out a bit, I just checked MSAR and Jeff does accept international applicants; PM if you want to talk about this at all!
I'm trying to PM you, but this error popped up. Maybe you need to somehow enable PMs to be allowed in your account.

Attachments

• 65.JPG
    65.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 78
You gotta be really lucky to get an interview here. Over 10000 apps and only 800ish interviews.

First II!! OOS LM 77 complete 7/16. Really excited about this school.

Reactions: 9 users
I sound like a broken record but does anyone have any concrete info on how to submit updates? From previous posts it seems like they aren't keen on phone calls asking about the process because it's "on the website," but I've yet to find where it talks about updates. Thanks!

Added Jeff on Friday and just submitted the secondary!

Reactions: 1 users
its funny how the majority of people apply to the same schools :)
Did we apply to a lot of the same schools? Given we both applied to 30 or more it comes as no surprise that there's some overlap!

How do I maintain contact and demonstrate interest in my application to SKMC?
To maintain the integrity of the admissions process at SKMC, all communications concerning your application, including the interview, should be forwarded to the Dean of Admissions.

Not sure if that's what they're referring to, but it's one of their FAQs.
I sound like a broken record but does anyone have any concrete info on how to submit updates? From previous posts it seems like they aren't keen on phone calls asking about the process because it's "on the website," but I've yet to find where it talks about updates. Thanks!
The best way is to send them an email.

Anyone else still waiting on a reply? (Unless silence = rejection).
I was complete on 07/10.

Has anyone gotten an interview that didn't feel out the section for additional information that hasn't been covered?

Although the application process seems stressful, and it is, try not to worry that you haven't heard anything. Last application cycle, our son had his application completed in July and didn't get notified until right before Christmas that he was invited to interview. Interviewed January 24th and accepted seven days later. In fact, all of his invitations to interview came in December and January and he received multiple acceptances. Thus, there are plenty of opportunities for those who hear later in the cycle.

Reactions: 24 users

I emailed them my update and got an automatic reply back saying "Thank you for your recent email. If you are an applicant, please accept this email as "confirmation" we received your update and it will be added to your file. Response time to other emails may experience a delay due to the volume of emails. Thank you for your patience and interest in Sidney Kimmel Medical College."

I emailed them my update and got an automatic reply back saying "Thank you for your recent email. If you are an applicant, please accept this email as "confirmation" we received your update and it will be added to your file. Response time to other emails may experience a delay due to the volume of emails. Thank you for your patience and interest in Sidney Kimmel Medical College."
Got it, thanks! To whom did you address your email?

Although the application process seems stressful, and it is, try not to worry that you haven't heard anything. Last application cycle, our son had his application completed in July and didn't get notified until right before Christmas that he was invited to interview. Interviewed January 24th and accepted seven days later. In fact, all of his invitations to interview came in December and January and he received multiple acceptances. Thus, there are plenty of opportunities for those who hear later in the cycle.

Thanks for posting this. It’s very helpful.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for posting this. It’s very helpful.
You're welcome. Best of luck to you and to all of you who are applying. It's an experience and my thoughts are with you.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the encouragement. Do you by any chance remember you son's stats?

@Doctor Strange how receptive has the school been to in the area notices? I tried last year with no success (was denied an interview) and due to limited vacation time at my job, Im trying to see if I could schedule something (but my interview is mid september so kinda a crunch so not expecting them to be super accommodating with such short notice)

@Doctor Strange how receptive has the school been to in the area notices? I tried last year with no success (was denied an interview) and due to limited vacation time at my job, Im trying to see if I could schedule something (but my interview is mid september so kinda a crunch so not expecting them to be super accommodating with such short notice)
It's honestly hit or miss. There's no harm in trying.

II 10 min ago. LizzyM ~72.OOS ORM. Earliest Date available for me was Oct 24.

Reactions: 7 users