2018-2019 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn’t the dean say that decisions would be released at the same time for everyone who interviewed on the same day (regardless of if they accept, waitlist, or reject)? So have any early December interviewees been waitlisted or rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

Didn’t the dean say that decisions would be released at the same time for everyone who interviewed on the same day (regardless of if they accept, waitlist, or reject)? So have any early December interviewees been waitlisted or rejected?

I don’t think this is true - some people may hear back later than others from the same day, depending on when their interviewers submit their reports and who is able to attend committee meetings, from what I recall.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the neuroticism, but I'm a lil unclear on acceptance policies. Will UCSF rescind an acceptance if I drop some random gen ed courses and become a part-time student?

Sorry for the neuroticism, but I'm a lil unclear on acceptance policies. Will UCSF rescind an acceptance if I drop some random gen ed courses and become a part-time student?
No. In fact, many people are no-time students when they are accepted. Just make sure your course update form is accurate, and worst case scenario: call and ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
12/6 interview. Put on the alternate list. Trying to stay optimistic, but man, this really hurts. :(

Accepted last night! Interviewed 12/13, OOS, Lizzy M ~ 75

Reactions: 9 users
Good luck!! Fingers crossed for y'all. Still waiting for my decision...not sure why it's taking them so long!
It might just depend on the individual interviewers submitting their reports. You'll probably hear soon though! Good luck!

Hoping to find out about financial aid from here sometime this month

Are there any UCSF medical students on this thread? I'd like to ask some q's via PM.

If you were accepted, you can reach out to current medical students by joining the FB group
The Facebook group has a lot of great resources (like the FAQ) and there are places to ask specific questions too. There is a link under the “Accepted” tab on the portal!

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Interviewed on January 8

Reactions: 6 users
Alternate list. Bummer, but happy I got to visit SF again! Interviewed on 1/10.

Reactions: 1 users
Placed on the alternate list (OOS). Does UCSF usually accept many people off the waitlist? I can't remember if they mentioned anything about it during my interview.

Placed on the alternate list (OOS). Does UCSF usually accept many people off the waitlist? I can't remember if they mentioned anything about it during my interview.

According to MSAR they accept approximately waitlist 150 applicants and accept 50 each year

According to MSAR they accept approximately waitlist 150 applicants and accept 50 each year
During my interview, they mentioned total acceptences that were sent out last year and the way Dr. Wofsy described how post-II decisions were made, this number seems like an underestimate. But new year, new rules so who knows at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
The classic numbers Dean Wofsy mentions are that 1/3 get an outright acceptance, 1/3 are waitlisted, and 1/3 are rejected - but ultimately, 1/2 of interviewees are accepted.

That being said, I can tell you from personal experience that a decent chunk of my class (MS4s) came from the waitlist, myself included. So a WL definitely still holds a good chance of acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
Historically, probably not until May. Not sure how changes in traffic rules will affect this.

It varies - some years they accept a few in March when they finalize decisions, some years not until May. Agreed that this year could be totally different due to the changes, though.

I interviewed early January. Now I'm on pins and needles wondering if I will get news this week since it looks like decisions from that week have started to come out.

When do we think info about second look will come out? I remember it's the last week of April but haven't received any info post-acceptance about it.

When do we think info about second look will come out? I remember it's the last week of April but haven't received any info post-acceptance about it.
It's April 26-28. They posted the dates in the Facebook group.

Does anyone know when waitlist decisions start coming out? I'm not sure they mentioned it at my interview

Just got acceptance email!!!! I am speechless. Interviewed early January

Reactions: 7 users