2018-2019 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten any correspondence from UK since being accepted? I went to the portal and accepted the offer but haven't heard anything, just wanted to make sure there's nothing we're supposed to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten any correspondence from UK since being accepted? I went to the portal and accepted the offer but haven't heard anything, just wanted to make sure there's nothing we're supposed to do.
From last year's thread we should get a physical letter soon, I think people called the admissions office if they didnt get it and then they scanned it over

I interviewed this day as well and asked Dr. Jackson about when we would hear, she said they would meet and vote on the 18th (today) and made it seem as though they would call us today as well

I haven't heard anything yet today. I'm guessing maybe tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a phone call telling me I'm accepted!!! Interviewed 10/9

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted yesterday around 5:30 p.m. Interviewed 10/13

Reactions: 1 users
EKU undergrad, interviewing 10/27 at the Lexington campus
See some of you there

For those who are accepted, I got the official letter in the mail today! As far as I can tell, there's nothing else to do really until after new years besides accepting their admission offer on the portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to the NKY campus! Got the email this morning. So excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a Facebook group for 2019 incoming class? Specified for each campus?

Is there a Facebook group for 2019 incoming class? Specified for each campus?
If your at a small campus they will likely have their own page however you should also John the main Lexington page as well. I know BG has their own already

For those who are accepted, I got the official letter in the mail today! As far as I can tell, there's nothing else to do really until after new years besides accepting their admission offer on the portal.
Do they require a down payment to hold our position? I accepted on the portal but I haven't received the accepted letter via postal mail yet.
Also, if we are not going to accept offers from other schools, do you know what the appropriate protocol is? Do we email their admissions office and formally withdraw our application?

Last edited:
Do they require a down payment to hold our position? I accepted on the portal but I haven't received the accepted letter via postal mail yet.
Also, if we are not going to accept offers from other schools, do you know what the appropriate protocol is? Do we email their admissions office and formally withdraw our application?

Yes a short email is fine. There is no deposit required at UK, I'd give the letter a week to two weeks. All we have to do is accept the offer on the portal as far as I can tell!

Members don't see this ad :)
If your at a small campus they will likely have their own page however you should also John the main Lexington page as well. I know BG has their own already
Ok, thanks. I am at the Lex campus. Does a Fb group already exist for that campus or not yet? I've looked but cannot find anything yet.

-join the main page...

Rejected from NKY campus :( . I'm kind of at a loss though because I interviewed on the first day, which I believe is indicative of my competitiveness, and thought my interviews went really well. I worked with an ex UK admissions committee member, who also still occasionally interviews applicants for the main campus, over numerous days and he was extremely supportive and complementary of how I came across during our mock interviews. I also worked with 3-4 other people intimately involved in the admissions process, and all indicated the same thing. I feel like I was able to convey myself in the same way on interview day and was very relaxed and professional. I feel like I'm missing something major because I really do not understand how I go from a day 1 interview to a rejection. Anyone have any thoughts?

Rejected from NKY campus :( . I'm kind of at a loss though because I interviewed on the first day, which I believe is indicative of my competitiveness, and thought my interviews went really well. I worked with an ex UK admissions committee member, who also still occasionally interviews applicants for the main campus, over numerous days and he was extremely supportive and complementary of how I came across during our mock interviews. I also worked with 3-4 other people intimately involved in the admissions process, and all indicated the same thing. I feel like I was able to convey myself in the same way on interview day and was very relaxed and professional. I feel like I'm missing something major because I really do not understand how I go from a day 1 interview to a rejection. Anyone have any thoughts?
@Chase sorry to see this. have you talked to anyone in the current admin about why they didn’t think it was a good fit. I’d go right to the source and ask.

@Chase sorry to see this. have you talked to anyone in the current admin about why they didn’t think it was a good fit. I’d go right to the source and ask.
I've sent an email to the NKY office, the physician that called/emailed me to inform me, and Kim Scott early last week and thus far, radio silence. I feel like its almost excessive to call because I know with certainty that at the very least the NKY office has seen my email, as they were superb at responding to questions/concerns throughout the process pre rejection.

has any one that interviewed 10/6 heard anything? (NKU campus)

has any one that interviewed 10/6 heard anything? (NKU campus)

I interviewed at NKU campus 10/6 and was accepted this past Monday (10/22). I would imagine you'll hear back soon! My email just said to check the portal for the next steps in the application process, so I would check that regularly too!

I interviewed at NKU campus 10/6 and was accepted this past Monday (10/22). I would imagine you'll hear back soon! My email just said to check the portal for the next steps in the application process, so I would check that regularly too!

+1 that’s exactly how I found out I was accepted to NKY too. No call or anything just a generic email saying check the portal and my acceptance was there.

Last edited:
Did anyone interview at the Bowling Green campus on 10/24? When did they say we should find out if we were accepted or not?

Did anyone interview at the Bowling Green campus on 10/24? When did they say we should find out if we were accepted or not?
They meet as a committee the first and third Thursday of every month. I'm pretty sure this meeting includes Bowling Green decisions as well. If accepted, you should receive a call this Thursday evening or sometime on Friday. If you want to double check just call or email Kim Scott or anyone else in the admissions office. They are super helpful.

Accepted via phone call to BG campus. IS interviewed 10/24.

I'm interviewing for the BG campus soon and hoping to attend next year. Was the interview one one one? Any uncommon questions I need to prepare for? Thanks so much if you can help!
You will have two one on one interviews. Most questions were about my application, but also be prepared for the typical interview questions.

When do they usually make decisions on the people who get the "deferred decision" email?

Just phone. I haven't received email communication yet.
I emailed them today about this. They had mailed me a letter on Oct. 25, but I never got it. They attached a copy of it to an email and sent it to me.

Anybody interviewing for the RPLP next Friday?

Accepted via phone call this afternoon to BG Campus!

Anyone accepted to the Bowling Green, Lexington or Northern campus, be sure to jump on the Facebook pages so you don’t miss opportunity’s to get some UKCOM gear. If you haven’t noticed already they don’t sell any publicly.

Anyone accepted to the Bowling Green, Lexington or Northern campus, be sure to jump on the Facebook pages so you don’t miss opportunity’s to get some UKCOM gear. If you haven’t noticed already they don’t sell any publicly.

what are the names of the pages, just searched but can’t find them

I believe the only FB page that has been made thus far is for BG

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows if you can send a letter of intent or interest to this school? Thanks!

I received the "deferred decision" letter in the mail on 10/31 but then got the call that I was accepted on 11/8!

A similar thing happened to me, but I never got a phone call, just an email a little bit over a week after receiving the deferred decision letter in the mail

I believe the only FB page that has been made thus far is for BG
I just checked. Looks like there is now a group under the name University of Kentucky College of Medicine Class of 2023. It'd be nice if there was a group specifically for the Lex campus though.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows if you can send a letter of intent or interest to this school? Thanks!
After getting placed in the alternate pool last fall, I sent an email with some updates to my application (like my transcript at the end of the semester) along with a paragraph acting as a sort of letter of intent. At least last year, they asked in the deferred decision letter to send any updates (such as grades) as soon as we could to the admissions committee, so I think letters of intent are welcome. As an M1 here this year, I can't say that it hurt my chances!