2018-2019 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed the 6th, thought they said we'd hear back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed the 6th, thought they said we'd hear back today?
They Met this afternoon to go over stuff so you should be hearing in the near future. Turkey day coming up, and possible ice tomorrow could delay things. Think happy thoughts ‍♀️

Accepted at Lex campus! Received phone call yesterday, interviewed 11/6. IS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed today and was really impressed with the new sim center, study spaces, and changes to the curriculum (M1 students are now P/F)! Our interview batch will hear back around 12/6 (the committee will be meeting a bit later due to Thanksgiving break).

Anybody out there who has personal experience gaining KY residency? How long does one need to live in KY before UK will grant in-state tuition, and how did the process through the university go?

I'm happily accepted to the NKU campus, OOS (OH), and trying to parse out finances for next year.

Thank you!

Anybody out there who has personal experience gaining KY residency? How long does one need to live in KY before UK will grant in-state tuition, and how did the process through the university go?

I'm happily accepted to the NKU campus, OOS (OH), and trying to parse out finances for next year.

Thank you!
I'm curious as well

Same for me, accepted this afternoon (4:56 PM Eastern) and interviewed 11/17 at Lexington, which is exactly when they told me to expect something!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call this morning!! Accepted at the NKU branch!!!

Reactions: 3 users
For those in the alternate pool, any idea when they start accepting people from it?

Also are there any numbers for how big it is/how many people they accept out of it?

For those in the alternate pool, any idea when they start accepting people from it?

Also are there any numbers for how big it is/how many people they accept out of it?
I was told by the RPLP admissions that last year around 70 accepted applicants withdrew their acceptances. You can get an email offering a spot at anytime but the most movement begins in April. I'm in the same boat you are.

I was told by the RPLP admissions that last year around 70 accepted applicants withdrew their acceptances. You can get an email offering a spot at anytime but the most movement begins in April. I'm in the same boat you are.

Cheers and good luck to you. That's a reassuring number but I guess we don't know how big the pool is?

For those of you who have been accepted to the class of 2023. We are holding an apparel sale that will be open for ordering until DEC 30th. We have nice fleece jackets and vests that will be embroidered with University of Kentucky college of medicine class of 2023. The link is posted on the various Facebook pages. If u don’t Facebook send me a message and I can get the link for you ! Happy holidays! And those of you still waitlisted stay positive!!!!

Is the committee meeting today and are they still taking people off the alternate pool?

Is the committee meeting today and are they still taking people off the alternate pool?
They will still be taking people off the alternate list until the very end. It really Just depends on how many students accepted give up their spot. We had a few last year accepted in May. So stay positive and check in occasionally.

They will still be taking people off the alternate list until the very end. It really Just depends on how many students accepted give up their spot. We had a few last year accepted in May. So stay positive and check in occasionally.
thanks. Just trying to decide if I need to start working on reapplying.

For the people that have been accepted and are still in school, do we need to send our updated transcript with our fall semester grades to the school? If so, how do we do this?

For the people that have been accepted and are still in school, do we need to send our updated transcript with our fall semester grades to the school? If so, how do we do this?

I am actually done with school at this point but I just had to take my last pre req this past semester. I contacted the admissions office and they simply said we can send an unofficial transcript to them by email and that suffices for an "academic progress report". They also said an official transcript is not needed until a degree is posted.

If you already have a degree, you can go ahead and send all official transcripts, which is what I did.

Just got accepted to RPLP! I'm excited as hell!

Are any of you that have been accepted going to attend the welcoming reception on Saturday, Jan 12? If so, how important do you think it will be? I am a college athlete and have practice that day. Worth missing practice?

Are any of you that have been accepted going to attend the welcoming reception on Saturday, Jan 12? If so, how important do you think it will be? I am a college athlete and have practice that day. Worth missing practice?

Might be informative the incoming M1's and interesting for parents who get to tour, but I wouldn't go so far as to say necessary or even super important. But probably a good thing to attend if you can and it's not a huge inconvenience. If this practice is an important one (say the day before a game/match), I wouldn't skip it just for this reception. If it's a run of the mill practice or whatever, flip a coin.

Last edited:
Just interviewed today and was really impressed with the new sim center, study spaces, and changes to the curriculum (M1 students are now P/F)! Our interview batch will hear back around 12/6 (the committee will be meeting a bit later due to Thanksgiving break).

Would you be able to give any insight into what you like about UK? And how it compares to Oakland? Can I PM you?

I went last year, you can definitely skip it. It’s basically a repeat of the open house.

Does anybody happen to know when the admissions committee will review waitlisted applicants again?

A Covington campus Facebook page was created for all of those accepted.

Recently got a II. Any advice on the interview?

Recently got a II. Any advice on the interview?
Know your application well since the interviewers use them to ask you questions! It's also not uncommon for you to be asked "How do you expect to finance this?" I was asked this question and remember reading on this thread that it was asked to others as well.

Know your application well since the interviewers use them to ask you questions! It's also not uncommon for you to be asked "How do you expect to finance this?" I was asked this question and remember reading on this thread that it was asked to others as well.
thank you!!

Does anyone know the date of the White Coat ceremony? On the newsletter, I only see the time, but no date listed.

Has there been a newsletter released? If so, how do you receive it?

Has there been a newsletter released? If so, how do you receive it?
Yeah, I've received admitted newsletters on 1/23 and 2/5, and a save the date for the white coat ceremony. You should get them emailed (whatever you listed on the AMCAS) if you are an accepted student. Mostly just about important dates, financial aid, housing options, admissions reminders (like background checks and immunizations).

That's the second one with the flier that came, first one only had the time ;)
Yes. They must have realized they didn't put the date for the white coat ceremony on the second newsletter because I got an email the following day which only included the date for the white coat ceremony.

August 2nd. There is a big number 2 in the middle of the news letter
Yes. They must have realized they didn't put the date for the white coat ceremony on the second newsletter because I got an email the following day which only included the date for the white coat ceremony.

Has anyone heard anything about scholarships?

Just received an email detailing mine today. The deadline to submit for the Enhancement Scholarship was today so idk when scholarships will be awarded for that.

Has anyone got a username or anything from UK to begin applying for student loans? I have done my Fafsa but haven’t heard from UK!

Has anyone got a username or anything from UK to begin applying for student loans? I have done my Fafsa but haven’t heard from UK!
I am going to email them about this, if I find out anything I will let you know.

Does anyone know when is the research class this summer for M1 accepted students? I think it is a two week session?

Was accepted to the Lexington campus in November and loved the school on my interview day, but will be attending another school. Withdrawing my application-- good luck to you all!