2018-2019 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we think there will be another round of acceptances this Tuesday?

Am wondering when the next round of acceptances will come out. Any reason why you are expecting a round tomorrow (Tuesday)?

Members don't see this ad.

Am wondering when the next round of acceptances will come out. Any reason why you are expecting a round tomorrow (Tuesday)?
From what I was told in my call, they have their meetings on a Monday and send out decisions the following Tuesday.

Accepted today via email! LM 71, OOS and int. 10/22

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday!! IS, LM=70, interviewed 10/31 yeet

Reactions: 4 users
Just placed on hold. Complete 8/6. Kinda sucky considering it's the only in state school for me...Is it possible to get an II after hold, or should I just assume I'm done?

Reactions: 2 users
literally have not heard anything from them since submitting in july. not sure if that's better or worse than hold lol

General question for my SDN friends: I submitted 20/22 of my apps by August 5th, and I am still waiting to hear back from 16 places.

Is this normal? What is the pre-med life?

General question for my SDN friends: I submitted 20/22 of my apps by August 5th, and I am still waiting to hear back from 16 places.

Is this normal? What is the pre-med life?

Unsure what is "normal," but 25/27 of my apps were also complete first week of august and there are still 18 I haven't heard anything from. This process is just soul-sucking :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Last cycle, I had the on-hold email 11/08 and ultimately rejected end of march despite 4 updates. So far this cycle complete silence. Maybe better?
So they are receptive to email updates? Sorry if this has been mentioned before!

EDIT: scrolled back and found my answer (they are)!

Last edited:
II earlier this week for late Feb (OOS).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates on the WL here??? Or if anything heard anything on interview day about it. Everything seemed very TBD when I interviewed in Sept.

Congrats guys, would you mind sharing LM and/or complete date? Also for interview dates, were they assigned, or could you pick from available ones? Thanks!

Can't comment on available dates but you pick a date from the portal and your choice is permanent.

Accepted yesterday. Woooo hooooo.
LM 75. In-state. Asian Indian.
Interview date 11/19/2018

Reactions: 5 users
II! Was complete 8/24. IS and LM 76

has anyone created a facebook group for accepted students yet??

Reactions: 1 users
OOS over here. Radio silence since 09/05. Is this a silent R? Or should I send an update?

I just got an email that they reviewed my app but didn’t interview yet but may interview later. Is this a waitlist? Or a silent R? Do I still have some chance to get an interview? LM 69, completed mid August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good evening all, this is my first post ever. I received an II today. Complete mid December, LM 70, OOS, Nontrad.

Last edited:
II today but will be withdrawing, hopefully it benefits someone here :). OOS and complete early September

Sorry if this was discussed before, but does anyone know if Maryland accepts updates? I don't see anything in the application or on their website that explicitly says they accept them pre-II.

I was placed on hold pre-II, but I would definitely like to update them if it can help me get another chance to interview.

Thanks!

Sorry if this was discussed before, but does anyone know if Maryland accepts updates? I don't see anything in the application or on their website that explicitly says they accept them pre-II.

I was placed on hold pre-II, but I would definitely like to update them if it can help me get another chance to interview.

Thanks!
Yes they do, email

Ahhhh got an acceptance!!! Interviewed early Dec, OOS, LM 74

Reactions: 7 users
MY FIRST A!!!!! OOS, LM 70 (if that gives anyone hope!!), interviewed November! I'm shaking

Reactions: 10 users
Ahhhh got an acceptance!!! Interviewed early Dec, OOS, LM 74

MY FIRST A!!!!! OOS, LM 70 (if that gives anyone hope!!), interviewed November! I'm shaking

Congratulations!! That's amazing :) I'm OOS and interviewing in February – any tips for interview day? This is my top choice and I'm a nervous mess rn.

Congratulations!! That's amazing :) I'm OOS and interviewing in February – any tips for interview day? This is my top choice and I'm a nervous mess rn.

truly be yourself! obviously be prepared to answer the obvious questions, like why medicine, why UMD, greatest weakness/strength etc. . you get two interviewers, (I got 1 faculty and 1 student.) I felt like my student interview was more structured and question based, while my faculty interview had more flow and was a conversation. I'm not sure how big a role interview plays (the interviewers give a written eval of the person they interviewed and give that eval to the admissions committee.) don't sweat it, they saw something great in your application to give you an interview in the first place!