2018-2019 University of Texas Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LizzyM 73-74 IS, complete email 7/10, still haven’t heard :(

my friend who is an MS I says he did not get an interview invite until October and still matched so that made me feel better! There is still hope ya'll!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
II received 8/20. Application received email on 8/1. IS, 69 LM, Non-URM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not really related but thought the name of the school was Michelle Branch instead of medical branch. I need sleep lol

Reactions: 2 users
This is such a small thing but for those who have interviewed, did you receive one of those reusable grocery bag type things from the school? I know a lot of other schools give them out to interviewees.

Asking because I don't think my umbrella will fit into my shoulder bag with my shoes lol

This is such a small thing but for those who have interviewed, did you receive one of those reusable grocery bag type things from the school? I know a lot of other schools give them out to interviewees.

Asking because I don't think my umbrella will fit into my shoulder bag with my shoes lol
They give you a drawstring backpack!

Reactions: 1 users
So I still have not gotten confirmation that my application was received. Who should I contact about this, and should I be worried about not getting that e-mail?

LizzyM: 70 (3.9x, 51x)
Primary Submitted: 5/24
Transmitted: 6/11
CASPer: Early July

So I still have not gotten confirmation that my application was received. Who should I contact about this, and should I be worried about not getting that e-mail?

LizzyM: 70 (3.9x, 51x)
Primary Submitted: 5/24
Transmitted: 6/11
CASPer: Early July

Probably ended up in your spam folder or filtered. You can call admissions and they will resend it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let people here know this: they are having issues with some applications.

Mine was transmitted 6/11, and they still have not received it. Their team has to manually go in an address this issues so it takes time. It does not effect your standing with them as far as interviews go!

In summary: it is okay to call them. They're super chill and glad to help.

if it helps in calming the nerves, a friend of mine interviewed here few weeks ago with a 501 MCAT and 3.7ish GPA. he's a re-applicant, ORM.

II today! LizzyM 75, In-state, ORM, submitted early August.

Last edited:
II yesterday 66 lizzy M Tmdsas transmitted 7/22.

Liszt M 70, I transmitted 7/7, I’m assuming they have passed up on mine for now... one of top choices. We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Liszt M 70, I transmitted 7/7, I’m assuming they have passed up on mine for now... one of top choices. We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't count yourself out yet, it is still far too early. There certainly is some madness to the way the schools invite but there is no need to fret until at least November. I know of several people who interviewed late in the season and prematched to nearly every school they interviewed at.

Don't count yourself out yet, it is still far too early. There certainly is some madness to the way the schools invite but there is no need to fret until at least November. I know of several people who interviewed late in the season and prematched to nearly every school they interviewed at.
Thanks for the hope, means a lot. Yea, the Interview process is very weird, havent noticed any patterns except the pattern of dates. Thats why I was kinda worried because my app was transmitted really early. But we shall see, whatevers meant to be will be, at the end of the day. Thanks again, ill keep on waiting

I got the "received your app" email July 23rd and still no interview invite... Any recommendations? My LizzyM is 67-70

I got the "received your app" email July 23rd and still no interview invite... Any recommendations? My LizzyM is 67-70

I mean what is there to do? I got mine in late June and don't have an II either - my LizzyM is 73. All you can do is wait

It seems with Texas schools, there is a gradation between those schools that weigh more heavily on the MCAT vs those that weigh more heavily on GPA. I feel like UTSW is on the extreme end with MCAT preference, while UTMB is on the other extreme with GPA preference. So it really depends on how your LM is weighted, which is another good reason why LM is far from a perfect predictor of who gets invited.

MS1 here. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. For those of y’all stressing out about the interview here, don’t. It’s one of the most chill interview experiences among the Texas schools.

Good afternoon! I am a long time lurker here on SDN. I submitted my primary application on 7/10, transmitted on 7/30. I got the email from UTMB saying that my app is under review on 8/27. I got the interview invite on 9/7, the date my CASPER result was sent, I think. My interview date is set for 11/2. Compare to some of you that are still waiting for invites, my stats are not even that good. This was my first interview invite. I started to lose hope and began to count myself out until I received the email. Remain hopeful!

Good afternoon! I am a long time lurker here on SDN. I submitted my primary application on 7/10, transmitted on 7/30. I got the email from UTMB saying that my app is under review on 8/27. I got the interview invite on 9/7, the date my CASPER result was sent, I think. My interview date is set for 11/2. Compare to some of you that are still waiting for invites, my stats are not even that good. This was my first interview invite. I started to lose hope and began to count myself out until I received the email. Remain hopeful!
I submitted and transmitted the same day as you! I didn’t receive an invite tho. What’s your LizzyM if you don’t mind me asking? Mine is 66.7

I submitted and transmitted the same day as you! I didn’t receive an invite tho. What’s your LizzyM if you don’t mind me asking? Mine is 66.7
Red-tangoes. Lizzy M 68, Mcat is 510, Overall GPA is ~3.8, science is ~3.9 I think. UTMB interviews all the way through December and usually interviews >1000 students. There are five more interview dates after Nov 2nd left according to their website. Don't lose hope!

Red-tangoes. Lizzy M 68, Mcat is 510, Overall GPA is ~3.8, science is ~3.9 I think. UTMB interviews all the way through December and usually interviews >1000 students. There are five more interview dates after Nov 2nd left according to their website. Don't lose hope!

Wow they're already scheduled out into november? Rip my chances. I have the exact same LizzyM too

Damn it's only september and their interview slots are almost filled

For those who have interviewed here, when does the interview finish? And how was the interview in general?

For those who have interviewed here, when does the interview finish? And how was the interview in general?

You either get a 10am and 11am interview or a 1pm and 2 pm interview. I got the morning times and with tours and presentations included I finished around 3pm. Both of my interviews were super chill, they were very vocal about how well I had done. I am not sure what they tell other people though.

Reactions: 4 users
Damn it's only september and their interview slots are almost filled

Wow they're already scheduled out into november? Rip my chances. I have the exact same LizzyM too
I haven't seen anyone posting about the 11/9 invite yet. Maybe they are still deciding on the next batch of invites. I hope UTMB will surprise you guys with an email!

I haven't seen anyone posting about the 11/9 invite yet. Maybe they are still deciding on the next batch of invites. I hope UTMB will surprise you guys with an email!
Thank you thank you for your kind words of encouragement

So I called them, and they said they "exported" my application. I still have not received a confirmation that the school go my application. Anyone have any ideas as to what this means?

So I called them, and they said they "exported" my application. I still have not received a confirmation that the school go my application. Anyone have any ideas as to what this means?
I got a similar response when I called in July and was worried about not having gotten an "application complete" email. I received my II about 2 weeks later.

Interview day here was awesome, though my actual interviews were not at all what I expected. Both ended up being nearly an hr. I talked to some med students in the hospital and they said that was a good thing but I'm wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

Interview day here was awesome, though my actual interviews were not at all what I expected. Both ended up being nearly an hr. I talked to some med students in the hospital and they said that was a good thing but I'm wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?
I interviewed here yesterday and had a very similar experience with my first interviewer. We definitely talked for a good hour. With my second, we went over time but he realized I was going to be late for lunch so he ended midsentence :laugh:

n=1, but my interview went an hour over the scheduled end time. Prematched here.

Reactions: 4 users
II just a few minutes ago! I got the “Application Received” email on 9/17. Very excited to interview here!

II today. I was complete earlier this month

MS1 here. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. For those of y’all stressing out about the interview here, don’t. It’s one of the most chill interview experiences among the Texas schools.

Not my experience. I was grilled on several BC pathways.
Edit: Most related to my research, so no problem. But some were not.

Last edited:
Not my experience. I was grilled on several BC pathways.
Edit: Most related to my research, so no problem. But some were not.
I had the exact same experience. Questions related to my research but then questions way beyond the scope of what I should know

II yesterday as well!! Received under review email late August. Super excited for this one!

Super worried right now. I got their confirmation email way back in late June, and have had complete silence since. LizzyM of 70-71, and live near the area. Is it safe to say I've been passed up? If all the II's being given out now are for people that recently got confirmations, I'm not so sure if they'll go back to June applicants to offer II's.... Pretty disappointed, this was probably gonna end up being my top choice.

Super worried right now. I got their confirmation email way back in late June, and have had complete silence since. LizzyM of 70-71, and live near the area. Is it safe to say I've been passed up? If all the II's being given out now are for people that recently got confirmations, I'm not so sure if they'll go back to June applicants to offer II's.... Pretty disappointed, this was probably gonna end up being my top choice.
i think there are still some interview days open

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.13.19 PM.png

They have interviews into December!