2019-2020 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Matched!!! I'm literally crying right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Didn’t match but hoping for some good news this week.

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t match. Does anyone know how the wait listing works?

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
No match. This was my only interview too so this really sucks. Congrats to those who did match

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how many students historically get in from the WL?

I didn't match here, and I'm incredibly disappointed, but I'm holding on to a glimmer of hope.

Reactions: 4 users

I didn't match here, and I'm incredibly disappointed, but I'm holding on to a glimmer of hope.

its hard to tell typically because Match takes care of a lot of the waitlist movement, but I'm sure there is some movement. Also keep in mind OOS admissions and Baylor will probably take a couple people here as well

Reactions: 1 users

Last years thread quoted the waitlist email, saying about 10-15 people get off the alternate list, with a totally of ~150 in the pool. (Post #689 and #690 from last years thread)

• Sad
Can those who matched today share their stats if possible?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker that just matched. Congratulations to all those who also matched and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Reactions: 7 users
Matched! Over the moon excited albeit a little nervous about Galveston ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Matched this morning! Congrats to everyone else who did as well! I received an email from TMDSAS back in January about sending in a transcript to update my Fall 2019 grades, but I was wondering if they will require another transcript after Spring 2020 and if I could just wait and send another transcript after this semester is over (sadly my school charges $$ to send transcripts...)? Thanks in advance!

Matched this morning! Congrats to everyone else who did as well! I received an email from TMDSAS back in January about sending in a transcript to update my Fall 2019 grades, but I was wondering if they will require another transcript after Spring 2020 and if I could just wait and send another transcript after this semester is over (sadly my school charges $$ to send transcripts...)? Thanks in advance!
send both transcripts. The $$ is a drop in the bucket...

Tell me about it, and we have to send them all again directly to UTMB too. I went to 2 CC before Undergrad and all 3 schools charge me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have pretty good variety of equipment? I lift, so I need a good range of things lol
Fellow gym rat approves. Yea step scores are cool and all but how are the Gainz.

jk congratz to everyone who matched and look forward to meeting our class soon. Which undergrad university are y’all from

I know a lot of people have asked- but if anyone has any info on when OOS would hear back I’d be so grateful (I can’t find anything anywhere!)

Sadly didn’t match today, but congrats to everyone who did!!! I sent a letter of intent in December, but I’ve heard since then that they don’t read those until after match day? Wondering if I should resend the letter or wait and see if I even get on the alternate list or not. Thoughts???

Last years thread quoted the waitlist email, saying about 10-15 people get off the alternate list, with a totally of ~150 in the pool. (Post #689 and #690 from last years thread)

Here’s the email I got last year:
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Btw I didn’t get this email until almost two weeks after Match Day, so be patient, y’all.

Reactions: 4 users
Sadly didn’t match today, but congrats to everyone who did!!! I sent a letter of intent in December, but I’ve heard since then that they don’t read those until after match day? Wondering if I should resend the letter or wait and see if I even get on the alternate list or not. Thoughts???
+1

I don't think a letter will do you any good, especially if you've already sent one. However since you didn't pre-match I can't see it hurting much if at all.

If I interviewed in August, what are the chances I’m on the waiting list? Or does the interview date not matter?

so does that mean if you matched somewhere else you can’t be on the waitlist at UTMB

Wait if you ranked UTMB higher than the school you matched to, then you can’t be on the UTMB waitlist?

You can be on the waitlist. The higher the rank, the higher the priority. Doesn’t matter if you got accepted to multiple schools under UTMB; you can still be on their waitlist.

Wait if you ranked UTMB higher than the school you matched to, then you can’t be on the UTMB waitlist?

You can potentially be on the waitlist for any school higher than what you matched to. Wether those higher schools put you on a waitlist is up to them.

You can potentially be on the waitlist for any school higher than what you matched to. Wether those higher schools put you on a waitlist is up to them.

Ah okay, yes I ranked it higher so I hope I can get on the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Trying to stay positive and hope for a good outcome is so difficult but we still have time. If anyone out there feels like me don’t worry! We’ve got this! (Hopefully lol)

Reactions: 11 users
Matched! I look forward to meeting everyone and starting this journey together! For everyone still waiting, do not give up hope!

Reactions: 8 users
I mean it's a pretty big gym so yeah. There's a ton of huge guys in the SOM and they all workout there despite other options on the island.
for all you gym/workout peeps
Check out the Facebook page, UTMB Alumni Field House is announcing renovation & new equipment. You can browse & see what kinds of classes they have, too.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just received the alternate pool email. It’s made of 200 applicants and they expect 10-15 to be accepted. Movement should start around May.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Just received the alternate pool email. It’s made of 200 applicants and they expect 10-15 to be accepted. Movement should start around May.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Got the same one, hopefully we make it!

Reactions: 5 users
The email says:

“Applicants holding more than one acceptance must make a decision about which school they will attend by May 15, 2020. Applicants holding a position at a Texas school will automatically be withdrawn from the alternate pool at this time.”

So does this mean if you matched to another Texas school you are out of the pool? Even if you ranked UTMB higher than your matched school? Or do you have to formally “accept” your position at the matched school to be kicked out of the UTMB alternative pool?

The email says:

“Applicants holding more than one acceptance must make a decision about which school they will attend by May 15, 2020. Applicants holding a position at a Texas school will automatically be withdrawn from the alternate pool at this time.”

So does this mean if you matched to another Texas school you are out of the pool? Even if you ranked UTMB higher than your matched school? Or do you have to formally “accept” your position at the matched school to be kicked out of the UTMB alternative pool?
Yes, AFTER May 15, no Texas TMDSAS school may offer acceptance to a Texan who already has another offer of admission.
So, you can be in this alternate pool until May 15, and if not pulled off of it, you will be going to your Matched school.
See my post about this here #368 and also go back and read the TMDSAS rules.

Reactions: 6 users