2018-2019 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reminder that FAFSA is due 1/15!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
From earlier in the thread, he's a MS1 at Spokane. I think what he means is that most people are going to be SUC'ed 4 wks post interview and then most are accepted off of SUC in Mar.
yup. WWAMI sites (other than Seattle) some students will usually hear back a week or so after the interview. The majoritiy of Seattle candidates get SUC'd and hear back around March. Anyone that is accepted at the end is deemed highly desirable by the school. So I don't want to get it in your heads that the school doesn't want you as much if you don't hear back until March, but some hear back sooner for whatever reasons.

Last edited:
Reminder that FAFSA is due 1/15!

Should we fill out FAFSA already? What if we don’t attend (aren’t accepted or don’t take the offer) the particular medical school?

Also, where can we see the deadlines for FAFSA?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Should we fill out FAFSA already? What if we don’t attend (aren’t accepted or don’t take the offer) the particular medical school?

Also, where can we see the deadlines for FAFSA?
My understanding is you want to fill out the FAFSA and select each school you are seriously likely to attend in order to be eligible for any kind of aid from that school. So, if you interview at a school and there is a strong chance you would attend if accepted you would fill out the FAFSA and choose that school in the school selection section. Additionally, my understanding is the 1/15 deadline is the priority deadline for UW not for every school. Others please jump in here if I am way off!

My understanding is you want to fill out the FAFSA and select each school you are seriously likely to attend in order to be eligible for any kind of aid from that school. So, if you interview at a school and there is a strong chance you would attend if accepted you would fill out the FAFSA and choose that school in the school selection section. Additionally, my understanding is the 1/15 deadline is the priority deadline for UW not for every school. Others please jump in here if I am way off!
That's my understanding as well. I believe you can select at least 10 schools on the FAFSA application, so no reason not to fill them up now with schools you haven't been rejected from. Nothing happens for those that you include on the FAFSA but end up not going to, but you could miss out on scholarships for UW if you don't get that submitted by next week. Also, even if you are not a dependent, you should still submit parental information. UW uses that as consideration for scholarships.

I’m excited for some Idaho students to hopefully get accepted today!

Accepted!!!!!

Idaho resident, interviewed yesterday. LM 80, WARS 100
It was weird to hear my excom member have an actual personality after being stonewalled for 30 min lol

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!!!!

It was weird to hear my excom member have an actual personality after being stonewalled for 30 min lol
Congratulations!! Wow they got back to you so fast you must be very qualified! Well done!

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Any Idaho TRUST applicants hear anything yet? Also, is it true that phone calls are acceptances and emails are rejections?

Accepted!!!!!

Hey can you message me? :) it won't let me pm you

Unless they’ve changed their process, all Idaho TRUST students should have been selected at today’s meeting, and about 20 Idaho students total. Phone calls are acceptances, yes. I can not guarantee that you will receive a phone call for an acceptance and not an email though. However, this would be unusual based on history.

Unless they’ve changed their process, all Idaho TRUST students should have been selected at today’s meeting, and about 20 Idaho students total. Phone calls are acceptances, yes. I can not guarantee that you will receive a phone call for an acceptance and not an email though. However, this would be unusual based on history.
Does that mean that TRUST applicants were notified today or just chosen? Or do you know?

Does that mean that TRUST applicants were notified today or just chosen? Or do you know?

They were probably notified, based on what they’ve done the past few years. Although if you applied TRUST and they did not chose you it does not mean you cannot be accepted as a non TRUST student.

Members don't see this ad :)
They were probably notified, based on what they’ve done the past few years. Although if you applied TRUST and they did not chose you it does not mean you cannot be accepted as a non TRUST student.
Do they notify acceptances before rejections? I haven't heard anything yet and am getting nervous

Just had my interview on 1/10/19 at the Seattle campus. I think it went well overall, but feeling unsure. Anyone have any idea what time frame I can expect a decision? Thanks all ahead of time!

Just had my interview on 1/10/19 at the Seattle campus. I think it went well overall, but feeling unsure. Anyone have any idea what time frame I can expect a decision? Thanks all ahead of time!
Congrats on the interview. To be fair I think how you feel is pretty common amongst those of us that interviewed already. Not exactly the easiest interview of the ones I’ve been to.

Unless something changes from the current trend this year and past years, it seems most of us won’t get a final decision until mid to late March. That said some people have been rejected post-interview and a very select few have reported being accepted already, so could be any time. For the sake of sanity, plan on March though.

Has UW been consistent with the 1 month update?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Has UW been consistent with the 1 month update?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Lol nah. I interviewed in the first week and have gotten two SUCs so far. First was a month and a half after interviewing, then close to two months after that.

Edit: speaking as a Seattle interviewee. Unsure about other WWAMI sites.

Anyone interview on 12/18 or after in Seattle and heard back yet? Just anxiously waiting for the 1 month post interview update..

Congrats on the interview. To be fair I think how you feel is pretty common amongst those of us that interviewed already. Not exactly the easiest interview of the ones I’ve been to.

Unless something changes from the current trend this year and past years, it seems most of us won’t get a final decision until mid to late March. That said some people have been rejected post-interview and a very select few have reported being accepted already, so could be any time. For the sake of sanity, plan on March though.

Thank you so much! That sounds like sound reasoning. I realize they do have lots of apps to go through, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if an answer doesn't come until March. Just so frustrating when other WWAMI sites receive a decision within a week of their interview date, but oh well. Does the "acceptance" call typically come from someone random, or from your ExCom member you interviewed with?

Thanks again for the advice!

Thank you so much! That sounds like sound reasoning. I realize they do have lots of apps to go through, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if an answer doesn't come until March. Just so frustrating when other WWAMI sites receive a decision within a week of their interview date, but oh well. Does the "acceptance" call typically come from someone random, or from your ExCom member you interviewed with?

Thanks again for the advice!
Your ExCom member should call. If they are unavailable (rare), one of your other interviewers may call.

MSTP acceptance just now!! Aaaah omg I'm thrilled :soexcited:
Amazed at their turnaround (I got back yesterday from my interview).

Reactions: 2 users
Any other Idaho WWAMI acceptances besides the sidnixon one? Or any other updates such as SUC or rejections?

Any other Idaho WWAMI acceptances besides the sidnixon one? Or any other updates such as SUC or rejections?
I received a phone call from my ex com on Friday :)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know TRUST acceptance statistics? like how many people choose to apply, how many people are granted TRUST interviews (or is everyone that applies granted one?) and how many of those individuals get accepted?
Thank you in advance.

I spoke to Dr. Jefferson, the associate clinical director at Idaho WWAMI, who said that you used to have better chances applying to TRUST, but they have gotten more TRUST applicants in recent years, so the percentages are about even. :D

Does anyone know the likelihood of acceptance after being denied TRUST, but still under consideration? Saw another post that said very unlikely, but someone else saying that that is not necessarily true.....Just don't want to get my hopes up too high to be crushed (((:)

Are other Spokane students who were SUC'd after the first round of interviews still expecting to hear about a decision next week? I assumed we would be hearing next week since the second round of interviews is this week, but just wanted to check. I haven't seen much discussion about it!

Does anyone know the likelihood of acceptance after being denied TRUST, but still under consideration? Saw another post that said very unlikely, but someone else saying that that is not necessarily true.....Just don't want to get my hopes up too high to be crushed ((:))

I was wondering the same thing -- this is my second time interviewing for the MT cohort after being waitlisted last year. One of my interviewers asked a lot of questions about why I wanted to do TRUST (I grew up in Missoula, went to school in rural WA, and currently work at a hospital in Seattle, so my ties to the more rural communities are through family). I thought I answered well and as I was leaving the interviewer told me that he thinks I hadn't got in last time because I hadn't communicated my "TRUSTy-ness" as well last year. This gave me the impression that they consider you only for the TRUST/non-TRUST seats separately, even though the email states that if you're not selected for TRUST they consider you for the regular MD cohort.

Has anyone else heard of someone getting denied TRUST but still an acceptance?

Good luck to all the Spokane candidates that interviewed this week! Hopefully you'll hear back soon. If you get an acceptance call, there is a Facebook page for updates on things like second look, white coat ceremony dates, etc. Once accepted, it will be a better source of information from here on out than sdn. Just search UWSOM E-2019: Spokane Cohort.

I was wondering the same thing -- this is my second time interviewing for the MT cohort after being waitlisted last year. One of my interviewers asked a lot of questions about why I wanted to do TRUST (I grew up in Missoula, went to school in rural WA, and currently work at a hospital in Seattle, so my ties to the more rural communities are through family). I thought I answered well and as I was leaving the interviewer told me that he thinks I hadn't got in last time because I hadn't communicated my "TRUSTy-ness" as well last year. This gave me the impression that they consider you only for the TRUST/non-TRUST seats separately, even though the email states that if you're not selected for TRUST they consider you for the regular MD cohort.

I in

I talked to a current Montana student during my pre-interview dinner that was denied TRUST and accepted into the regular class. He said that other students rejected from TRUST were accepted into the regular class last year.

Good luck to all the Spokane candidates that interviewed this week! Hopefully you'll hear back soon. If you get an acceptance call, there is a Facebook page for updates on things like second look, white coat ceremony dates, etc. Once accepted, it will be a better source of information from here on out than sdn. Just search UWSOM E-2019: Spokane Cohort.
does anyone know when the seattle/spokane excoms meet after the week's spokane interviews?

does anyone know when the seattle/spokane excoms meet after the week's spokane interviews?
I believe Spokane excoms meet next week and people who interviewed should hear back by the end of next week. exciting but also scary!

Hey all! For Idaho folks - if you get an acceptance call, there is a Facebook page for updates on things like second look, white coat ceremony dates, etc. Once accepted, it will be a better source of information from here on out than sdn. Just search UWSOM E-2019: Idaho Cohort.

I in

I talked to a current Montana student during my pre-interview dinner that was denied TRUST and accepted into the regular class. He said that other students rejected from TRUST were accepted into the regular class last year.

That's relieving to hear, thanks for sharing!

So are MT EXCOMs coming out this week or next because although most emails said the end of this week the “Thank you for visiting email” said the end of next

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So are MT EXCOMs coming out this week or next because although most emails said the end of this week the “Thank you for visiting email” said the end of next

Should be this week (today) for acceptances and end of next week for SUC and rejections. I’m also a MT WWAMI hopeful. I believe acceptance calls are sometime today, just do not know when.

I've heard mixed things -- last year the email said the end of the next week too, but I know the people that got in all got calls Friday/Saturday of the week they interviewed. Talking to one of the admissions staff it sounded like it might take longer this year, but a friend of mine that also interviewed on a different day this week said that someone from admissions told her it'd be the same as last year (today/tomorrow).

I’m on a flight so hopefully they’ll leave a voicemail. Will you guys mention it in here when you get the calls?

Got the call about an hour ago! Accepted to MT cohort!

Reactions: 5 users