Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 University of Washington

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by gyngyn, Apr 21, 2018.

1. blondehobbit

On the FB group it was posted that it's on March 29th.

And does anyone know if you have to pay any kind of fee to hold our seat? I was expecting having to pay something but there was nothing in the emails or in the portal. Does anyone else know?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. seattlerain

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is anyone else (IS/region) still waiting to hear back pre-II? We were told 4-6 weeks for a decision and I'm at 9 now...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mongoose1180

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    March 29th. There's a facebook group for accepted Spokane E-19 students. Just search for UWSOM E-2019: Spokane Cohort.

4. 907Chemist

II today, Alaskan resident

5. Thienyl15

Thienyl15 SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Anybody know about the rough proportions of folks accepted/SUCd/rejected after the first Spokane cohort? Glad to be in the SUC pile as it looks like UW has no issues with rejecting post-II.

6. FishLovinFuturePhysician

Hello everyone!! Today I finally joined SDN, after being a “lurker” for about 4 years. I’m IS, come from small farm community, urm, and I’m 1st in my line to go to college! I graduated in ‘17 and applied late to the E18, my letters weren’t received in time so I obviously didn’t write very far. For E19 I finished my primary in July, my transcripts are non-trad and verified mid August. I got my II invite a month later and then it took me a month to write my essays. I was going to submit on 10/20 but the system was down?! Anyways submitted on 10/21 and felt euphoric and very optimistic about a positive outcome for this year. As of right now I’m in my 5th week of waiting since submitting my II. UWSOM is and always has been my #1. I’ve been checking the portal weekly and following this thread and the suspense is testing my patience. Congratulations to all those who already got accepted! I’ve still got a ways to go but hopefully I get to see y’all on the other side ;)

Talkbirthytome likes this.
  7. Talkbirthytome

Congratulations on getting this far! I submitted in mid-October and received my II last week. It might be coming soon! ^_^

8. BombsAway

BombsAway SDN Gold Donor

Rehab Sci Student
    I was told they admit people right away if they know they can't live without them, deny people right away if they know they dont, and everyone else (the majority) gets SUC'd.

mongoose1180 likes this.
  9. Thienyl15

Thienyl15 SDN Gold Donor

Ooo, then all things considered I'm pretty stoked about this outcome - could still get rejected come Jan, but we will see!

Empem28 likes this.
  10. centraldogmom

Facebook group for the Seattle cohort now up as well. Searchable at UWSOM E-2019: Seattle Cohort

Talkbirthytome likes this.
  11. CallMeMulan

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

I didn’t have to pay anything either. Made me kind of nervous, but they never stated anything about a deposit.

Also, I picked that I would like to matriculate, but I am still waiting to hear from other schools (I was too late to cancel other interview). This doesn’t affect my status, right?

12. mongoose1180

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    No deposit required at UWSOM to reserve your seat.

MrsDrDr likes this.
  13. MrsDrDr

Pre-Medical
    Agree with biostudent508 great suggestions to prep on. This interview was way harder than I expected. I definitely suggest going through the interview prep questions on the UWSOM website and developing 1 or more good answers to each. I had several questions that were taken from there and felt good that I had prepped, but also felt like I could have done more. The interviewers were really friendly though and gave me good body language feedback so it wasn't like an MMI or anything. The whole thing was over in a flash! Good luck all.

14. precisiongraphic

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    The good thing that UW does that almost no other school does is that it's waitlist post-April 30th is very transparent. Not like most schools. Most don't even say things like top/1st quarter waitlist, 2nd quarter. People on here post their rank when they are accepted so you know. Also waitlists are separate for Idaho, Alaska etc.

And other schools might "waitlist" 300 people while UW rejects post interview leading to less angst and a better time to move on and go to another school with a clear mind or start Plan B.

looptheloop likes this.
  15. cs1994

I'm IS and submitted my secondary 9/25 got my II 11/6. Can anyone fill me in on how long they had to wait to get the actual date for a Seattle campus interview? I know they say they send it 3-4 weeks ahead of the selected date, but I'm trying to get a sense of the lag time between those 2 emails. Feeling anxious!

16. climbrunskirepeat

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It's definitely possible that the holidays have delayed things significantly. When I scheduled mine, there were only three dates left this year. 12/11, 17, and 18. I'm guessing the combination of the two has delayed scheduling interviews for the rest of the year.

17. Talkbirthytome

ALASKA RESIDENTS: Sending positive energy your way! I hope everyone is safe after the earthquake this morning. :wideyed:

Everyone else, check on your friends and family!

MrsDrDr likes this.
  18. cs1994

That makes sense. Would you mind sharing how far apart the dates were between your II email and the scheduling email?

19. schborke

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So scary! Hope everyone is ok. Glad to see they called back the tsunami warning.

20. climbrunskirepeat

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I actually got my II a little after you and was able to schedule a little more than a week later. Not sure how that was managed.

21. Wikidus_

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    how are my fellow seattle SUC's holdin up?

Empem28 likes this.
  22. LongTimeLurkerrrr

AF6013D2-AB50-40A8-8084-5297223C7559.jpeg

hmug, Empem28, schborke and 3 others like this.
  23. panzerman200

Got my Wyoming Interview Invite Friday.

24. SummerPrincess1213

Pre-Medical
    Does the University provide any accommodations for the interview?

25. mongoose1180

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    What kind? Like food intolerances, wheelchair access, sign language?

Celme123 likes this.
  26. looptheloop

looptheloop Toasted_Sesame_Bagel
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm going out on a limb here to say I think @SummerPrincess1213 means hotel accommodations?

27. mongoose1180

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    Some sites have hotels with student discounts for interviewees. Best to check with the admissions office. They will also have a list of current students that have volunteered to host interviewees.

28. Alyona

Pre-Medical
    Yes they do, they have a student host program where you can stay with a current student, but you have to live outside a 90 mile radius of Seattle. Accommodations are not guaranteed. You can fill out a form on their website to request it.

mybluedog likes this.
  29. mybluedog

Medical Student
    Don't worry about needing to apply for the UWSOM Scholarship asap. It's been 3 months and we still haven't received our scholarships. For those can get accepted off the waitlist/past the deadline gets a chance to apply. You can call/email Diane as mentioned above and ask what is the most likely scholarship amount you will receive. Last update was it would be released in november, but have not received anything. TLDR: don't sweat about it and enjoy life before school starts :clap:

notbougie and MrsDrDr like this.
  30. cs1994

Wow will try not to read into that haha, and I suppose I should be grateful since I'm actually traveling for work on the latter dates, so that wouldn't have worked for me anyway. Will probably send a follow up email if I still haven't heard anything by mid-Dec about scheduling.

31. Empem28

I wouldn't read into it!! It really is dependent on when your adcom member is available for interviews! And since a lot of adcom members are also practicing physicians, that means they are fitting interviews into an already hectic schedule. Don't fret.

32. brainemm

Is UW keeping up with notifying applicants 4-6 weeks after app completion? Took forever to get my residency verified so I was a little late to the game.

33. TheRealCookieMonster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    No.

34. Kimi99

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    Did anyone get the email to schedule for wwami regions yet? Was there anything else on the portal besides the food, calendar, and photo upload? Accidently submitted before getting a chance to read everything

35. medical.balla

Medical Student
    Forgot to post but I'm an Idaho resident and recieved II on 12-03!! Excited!!

UWIdahoan and Kimi99 like this.
  36. topgun_goose

When were you complete?

37. schborke

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    No news = good news? Anxiously waiting :whistle:

Empem28 likes this.
  38. Sagebrush

Sagebrush SDN Silver Donor
    Silver Donor Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    I really wish they would tell us the dates that their Excom meets!

39. medical.balla

Medical Student
    I was complete 10-15

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

40. Sagebrush

Sagebrush SDN Silver Donor
    Silver Donor Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    At this point I'm willing to pay someone to call and ask when their Excom will be meeting next. Only partially kidding.

Ok, entirely kidding.

This wait is killing me!

41. Red_matahari

Well I got my SUC email on November 16th, so Im assuming the next batch should go out shortly. However, Christmas and New Years might stall the meetings until January :shrug:

tsmleague likes this.
  42. schborke

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't know if we will get SUC emails consistently each month through its very intermittent.

tsmleague likes this.
  43. tsmleague

Did they have an excom meeting this month yet?

44. Crusher of Souls

Got my II a couple days ago. I was not verified as a WA resident until 11/15.

45. SaltySprings

Pre-Medical
    Idaho Resident trying to pick between dates here. I was offered II dates of January 9th or Feb 25th. The latter is in Boise (where I live) making it more desirable. Does anyone have info on whether or not that later date may be disadvantageous? They interview all their Idaho WWAMI applicants during those two weeks as far as I know.

medical.balla likes this.
  46. Bodacity

Hey SaltySprings, I'm an MS1 here in Moscow. My understanding was that they distribute the spots more or less evenly between interview weeks, no week should give you an advantage over another. Based on our class that seems to hold true.

47. Wikidus_

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  48. Kimi99

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    What time does the interview end for wwami students?

49. medical.balla

Medical Student
    Not sure but sounds like interviews will be held up until february 25th for Idaho residents

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

50. Kimi99

Verified Account

Pre-Medical
    I meant the time to catch a flight lol, but thanks;)

medical.balla likes this.