2018-2019 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Just got my acceptance call for the MT cohort about 10 minutes ago!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you guys hear about when they would email? Like did the person who called mention when you would get an official email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Dying to know when the next Seattle Excom meeting is . Interviewed 1/10 and the waiting is just GRUESOME.

Did any of you guys hear about when they would email? Like did the person who called mention when you would get an official email?
I thought he made it sound like it would be later today after the call, but haven't gotten anything yet.

Been waiting since early October );

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Since October?? Yeesh. That would truly be gruesome. Props to you for your patience!
I thought they had said Excom's meet on like a monthly basis? Not sure though cause it sounds like lots of Seattle-ites are still waiting on decisions. *Sigh*

Since October?? Yeesh. That would truly be gruesome. Props to you for your patience!
I thought they had said Excom's meet on like a monthly basis? Not sure though cause it sounds like lots of Seattle-ites are still waiting on decisions. *Sigh*
They do meet at least monthly but if your ExCom can't make the meeting, you get put in the "still under consideration (SUC)" category and they will review you at the next meeting ... if your ExCom is there. They also may put you in that category if they aren't quite sure if they want to reject or accept you yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Welcome to our personal hell. We’ve been waiting for such a long time. Also interviewed in oct. At this point expect one more update (decision or SUC) in feb then a final decision (acceptance, rejection, or waitlist) by 3/15.

Around what part of the month have updates been coming out for Seattle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Around what part of the month have updates been coming out for Seattle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
There two meetings so far appear to have been early/mid November and late December/early January. In other words, no pattern.

Accepted also!! Totally shocked

Reactions: 2 users
@500miles @JG_123 @Jor1234 @KennedyKnockOff Have any of you received an email from them? I still haven't gotten one

Still no email for me either, and I was too excited to inquire about when it’d be coming in on the call. Does anyone know if there’s an FB page for the MT cohort? I’ve seen ones for Seattle, Spokane, and Idaho.

Would anyone be okay with discussing TRUST interviews (interviewees / accepted applicants / current students)? Not sure how much different they are from normal ones, but I am under the impression mine is only 30 min long (as opposed to three 30 min interviews) so I was wondering what to prepare for (my WA TRUST interview is in 2 weeks). Greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Any decisions for Spokane yet?

Last edited:
Would anyone be okay with discussing TRUST interviews (interviewees / accepted applicants / current students)? Not sure how much different they are from normal ones, but I am under the impression mine is only 30 min long (as opposed to three 30 min interviews) so I was wondering what to prepare for (my WA TRUST interview is in 2 weeks). Greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
I interviewed Idaho WWAMI non-TRUST this year, and my interview was three-on-one for half an hour. Pretty sure they’re all the same at UW. The only difference might be your interviewers.

@d72s466 received my acceptance email. Nice to know it's actually real!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on all who have been accepted! I'm interviewing here soon. Does anyone have any advice? Anything one might not think of before the interview?

For Spokane E-19 students, congradulations! There is a Facebook page for updates on things like second look, housing info, white coat ceremony dates, etc. Once accepted, just search UWSOM E-2019: Spokane Cohort.

Congrats on all who have been accepted! I'm interviewing here soon. Does anyone have any advice? Anything one might not think of before the interview?
Where are you interviewing? I imagine the responses might vary a little bit depending on where you interview, although they try to keep the same general setup everywhere.

That being said, I interviewed in Seattle and had a good time. The interview day is very "UW", very different from a lot of other schools which was nice and refreshing. I really enjoyed it.

As far as the interview itself, I had heard all of the horror stories about how terrible their interviews are (an adcom at a different school literally referenced UW as an example of what their interview day wouldn't be like). While the interview was really intense, I never felt like the interviewers were "out to get me" or anything like that, they were very friendly and engaged. It really just felt like everyone was trying to get to know me. The acting portion is also pretty straightforward and reasonable, I actually had fun with it! As long as you're a normal, reasonable person you'll be fine, just make sure you review what they're looking for (and NOT looking for!) for the acting portion or you could get tripped up.

For advice, the biggest thing is to use UW's resources (the interview video on UW's admissions site, the practice questions on their interview page, etc.) UW was the only interview that I seriously prepped for and I feel like it really payed off, there were a few questions I know I wouldn't have had a good answer to otherwise. Otherwise, just relax and be yourself! I know it's cliche, but UW really is just looking to get to know who you are, why you want to be a doctor and what is important to you!

Hope that helps, feel free to PM with any questions.

PS: Most people walk out of the interview feeling like they bombed it. Don't sweat it. At the lunch with current med students, six out of the seven said they felt like they did horribly during their interview and were sure they weren't gonna get in.

Where are you interviewing? I imagine the responses might vary a little bit depending on where you interview, although they try to keep the same general setup everywhere.

That being said, I interviewed in Seattle and had a good time. The interview day is very "UW", very different from a lot of other schools which was nice and refreshing. I really enjoyed it.

As far as the interview itself, I had heard all of the horror stories about how terrible their interviews are (an adcom at a different school literally referenced UW as an example of what their interview day wouldn't be like). While the interview was really intense, I never felt like the interviewers were "out to get me" or anything like that, they were very friendly and engaged. It really just felt like everyone was trying to get to know me. The acting portion is also pretty straightforward and reasonable, I actually had fun with it! As long as you're a normal, reasonable person you'll be fine, just make sure you review what they're looking for (and NOT looking for!) for the acting portion or you could get tripped up.

For advice, the biggest thing is to use UW's resources (the interview video on UW's admissions site, the practice questions on their interview page, etc.) UW was the only interview that I seriously prepped for and I feel like it really payed off, there were a few questions I know I wouldn't have had a good answer to otherwise. Otherwise, just relax and be yourself! I know it's cliche, but UW really is just looking to get to know who you are, why you want to be a doctor and what is important to you!

Hope that helps, feel free to PM with any questions.

PS: Most people walk out of the interview feeling like they bombed it. Don't sweat it. At the lunch with current med students, six out of the seven said they felt like they did horribly during their interview and were sure they weren't gonna get in.

I had a very similar prep and experience to ShadowGryffin. I hadn't heard that many other students sweated the interview too, so that is a relief to hear people feel that way and still get accepted! Fingers crossed!

I second ShadowGryffin's advise to use UW's website to prep--several of my questions came straight off the website list and I was ready for them (even if I was so nervous my voice was shaking!).

ACCEPTED! Interviewed early January in SEATTLE. OMG!!!!!!! :clap::horns:

Reactions: 9 users
I got the call last night around 6:30 as well for Spokane! I don't have FB so I won't be joining the group, but can't wait to see you all on second look!

I got the call last night around 6:30 as well for Spokane! I don't have FB so I won't be joining the group, but can't wait to see you all on second look!
Do you know who your excom member was, by chance?