2018-2019 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
#6 just got the call yaaaaaalll!:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Washington :). I’m not in the Spokane portal so I’m assuming Seattle only (if those are indeed separate)

Members don't see this ad :)
When should one start to assume they won’t get off the waitlist? Within a couple days?

Hey folks, I just declined my acceptance (Seattle cohort). Good luck everyone. I’m rooting for y’all!

Reactions: 1 users
Please tell me I'm not the only person obsessively refreshing the portal to see if the wait list is moving :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
Wow. I’m talking Idaho specifically.
Sorry I'm not sure. I know for the Seattle campus people were tracking the acceptances off the alternate list. Not sure if that happened for other campuses.
Please tell me I'm not the only person obsessively refreshing the portal to see if the wait list is moving :nailbiting:
You're definitely not alone. Probably wont be updated until the end of the day though.

Haha definitely not the only one. I’ve been probably every 5 min for the past 2 hours. The suspense is killing me

You're definitely not alone. Probably wont be updated until the end of the day though.
I'm sure it won't, but for some reason that doesn't seem to make a difference to my brain! I can't seem to stop obsessively refreshing!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Man I wish I was in the Seattle cohort today. Idaho’s list is not moving at all

Seattle E-19 here - Yesterday got word I will be participating in the Pre-Matriculation Program! Any one else in the E19 cohort applying/accepted?

Reading last year's post really made me worried about the waitlist moving. It looked like on 4/30/2018, there were at least 20 people off the waitlist; and on 5/1/18, most people~31/32 were accepted off the list. The last one may be the one that was accepted one week before school started. Finger crossed for tomorrow's update.

Reading last year's post really made me worried about the waitlist moving. It looked like on 4/30/2018, there were at least 20 people off the waitlist; and on 5/1/18, most people~31/32 were accepted off the list. The last one may be the one that was accepted one week before school started. Finger crossed for tomorrow's update.
I’m just so confused why it would be more than half accepted compared to last year seems like such a drastic change. I’m hoping it’s just an administrative delay and it’s actually closer to where it was last year.

I’m just so confused why it would be more than half accepted compared to last year seems like such a drastic change. I’m hoping it’s just an administrative delay and it’s actually closer to where it was last year.
Let’s hope they only update the portal once a day and there were a lot of withdrawal happening this afternoon. We will see tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything and I am #17 in Seattle.

Reactions: 2 users
#16 I got the call this morning! (I’m on the east coast)

Reactions: 3 users
Idaho still at 3. I’ve given up hope that 3 more people will choose to go elsewhere. Good luck to y’all that have been accepted!

• Sad
Seattle portal is still 12...
dumb question but when it says: "we are currently on alternate number 12, which means that 12 alternate(s) have been accepted" is the first number going to be the actual alternate number while the second number will be the actual n value of the total accepted? I am assuming yes just right now the two numbers are the same.

dumb question but when it says: "we are currently on alternate number 12, which means that 12 alternate(s) have been accepted" is the first number going to be the actual alternate number while the second number will be the actual n value of the total accepted? I am assuming yes just right now the two numbers are the same.
I would assume this is the actual number of people that have been accepted from the waitlist, less or equal to their waitlisted number. At this moment my brain is not functioning 100%. It could be wrong.

You got in? Congrats!!
Got the email after a lunch with my friend. Hang on there. I looked again at last year’s post. It looked like they would keep updating and accepting most waitlisted until the end of May. And then a few more acceptance would be offered in the next two or three months. So it is a long way to go. The journey of medicine will be much longer than this short amount of waiting. Just be patient.

Got the email after a lunch with my friend. Hang on there. I looked again at last year’s post. It looked like they would keep updating and accepting most waitlisted until the end of May. And then a few more acceptance would be offered in the next two or three months. So it is a long way to go. The journey of medicine will be much longer than this short amount of waiting. Just be patient.

Did you get a phone call too or just email??

Did you get a phone call too or just email??
Just an email no phone call. I guess the admission administration is very busy now. After they send the acceptance, the portal will add a new tab including all the information, and you will not be able to see the alternative status any more. Really appreciate all the people help me through the application including all the interviewees that I met on my interview day. Already accept the offer.

Seattle E-19 here - Yesterday got word I will be participating in the Pre-Matriculation Program! Any one else in the E19 cohort applying/accepted?

I applied a few days ago, but haven't heard back! How quickly did you hear back after applying? :)

21 accepted off the waitlist now, according to the portal.

• Wow
I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! #6 off the waitlist for Idaho!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
This may be a dumb question but the only thing we need to do to secure our spot is complete the acceptance contract on the portal right? There’s no financial deposit?

This may be a dumb question but the only thing we need to do to secure our spot is complete the acceptance contract on the portal right? There’s no financial deposit?
I did not see any deposit information. After you submit the acceptance, they will email you a confirmation letter. You could also download the acceptance offer online in your portal. Today I received an email confirming that I have meet all prerequisite courses. Hope this is helpful.

I did not see any deposit information. After you submit the acceptance, they will email you a confirmation letter. You could also download the acceptance offer online in your portal. Today I received an email confirming that I have meet all prerequisite courses. Hope this is helpful.

Yeah I just talked with the office here in Idaho and they don't require a deposit at all. I love this school already ha.

So this might be a cheesy question but does anyone know if there is a website for UW school of medicine memorabilia/apparel? I'm wanting to get my family a few gifts but the only thing I could find is a coffee mug and maybe a water bottle ha.

So this might be a cheesy question but does anyone know if there is a website for UW school of medicine memorabilia/apparel? I'm wanting to get my family a few gifts but the only thing I could find is a coffee mug and maybe a water bottle ha.
Did you check the UW bookstore's website?

Yep I'm an idiot. I didn't bother to search school of medicine in the search bar. There's more than just the coffee mug lol.

Earlier last month they were selling merch through Kotis Design. It seems that they sell stuff on a seasonal basis, since the deadline to order was in April, so maybe they’ll open it again during summer or fall

Earlier last month they were selling merch through Kotis Design. It seems that they sell stuff on a seasonal basis, since the deadline to order was in April, so maybe they’ll open it again during summer or fall

I thought I saw something like that a couple months ago. It would make sense that they reopen it before the fall for the new class.