2018-2019 Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you receive the recent email from Dr. Harrison regarding the coming email about the deposit? Also - are you on the Slack chat?

Yes I saw in her email, thanks! I am on Slack but apparently I did not have notifications turned on so I didn't know people had finally started talking on there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I saw in her email, thanks! I am on Slack but apparently I did not have notifications turned on so I didn't know people had finally started talking on there!
Oh good! It's nice to see some chatter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news for anyone still waiting to hear? Anxious August interviewee over here...

Reactions: 1 users
Early September and still haven't heard anything :shrug:
This is seriously awful. I have never heard of anyone having to wait 6+ months for news. I really think they need to change something about their process...

Reactions: 1 users
First interview day. No news

Reactions: 2 users
First interview day. No news
I think we have a winner, folks.

This is seriously awful. I have never heard of anyone having to wait 6+ months for news. I really think they need to change something about their process...
My understanding was that they wait until after the interview season is complete for the majority of candidates, so everyone can be compared equally regardless of when they submitted their app. While I agree which that in theory, it's really not fun for candidates to be in a perpetual limbo of not knowing when (or if) you'll get a decision.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish they were more like UW lol. Tell everybody not to expect a decision until March, but give regular-ish updates that we're still in the running and give us a date to circle on the calendar in March.

I think we have a winner, folks.

My understanding was that they wait until after the interview season is complete for the majority of candidates, so everyone can be compared equally regardless of when they submitted their app. While I agree which that in theory, it's really not fun for candidates to be in a perpetual limbo of not knowing when (or if) you'll get a decision.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish they were more like UW lol. Tell everybody not to expect a decision until March, but give regular-ish updates that we're still in the running and give us a date to circle on the calendar in March.
Totally agree, I mean we have basically been waitlisted all of this time, but it would be nice to actually be told that. We were told at my interview in August that it would be November... well that clearly didn't happen. Sorry for venting, I am just one of those anxious types :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally agree, I mean we have basically been waitlisted all of this time, but it would be nice to actually be told that. We were told at my interview in August that it would be November... well that clearly didn't happen. Sorry for venting, I am just one of those anxious types :)
Sounds reasonable to be upset if you have been waiting from the start. Unreal.

Hopefully y'all hear in the next week! :cyclops:

We were told at my interview in August that it would be November... well that clearly didn't happen.
I'm sorry, that's really awful for you. They must have learned their lesson quick, because at my interview (Sept.) we were just told decisions would come out "Sometime between October 15th and the end of March."

Got the accepted phone call today :happy::happy: Had no idea they would have decisions this early!

Does anyone know how many people are generally put on the waitlist, and how many have eventually been accepted from it the last few years?

Accepted today! I almost told them to screw off because I thought it was a spam call... Glad I didn't. I love the dean here. Him and I had like a 5 min conversation over the phone on the acceptance call.

Accepted today! I almost told them to screw off because I thought it was a spam call... Glad I didn't. I love the dean here. Him and I had like a 5 min conversation over the phone on the acceptance call.
He's very personable. I think they make an effort to have a conversation with folks. It sounded like I was on speaker phone because during our chat about my history (before he officially said I was accepted) I could hear others laughing at my responses.

Refreshing. This program is stellar in the making.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
He's very personable. I think they make an effort to have a conversation with folks. It sounded like I was on speaker phone because during our chat about my history (before he officially said I was accepted) I could hear others laughing at my responses.

Welcome aboard.
What sort of things does the Dean generally ask?

What sort of things does the Dean generally ask?
Oh he was just commenting on my resume, essentially. He does a great job of looking at your application so he has something to talk to you about on the phone. I can imagine this is one of his favorite parts of the job. His energy is contagious!

It would seem WSU admissions pays attention to SDN :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
My feelings exactly! I'm sure the receptionist who answers the phone appreciates it too. :laugh:
I bet she does!

I know they're trying very hard to be thorough and fair, but I'm still stuck right in the middle of feeling bad for whining about the long wait and feeling sorry for myself being in limbo for > 6 months :p At least we know the waiting is coming to an end very soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone hear anything yet?
I have a mini heart attack every time my phone rings or I get a new email, but no news yet :/

Well no call today, probably waitlisted by now considering the email he sent out this week :(

Well no call today, probably waitlisted by now considering the email he sent out this week :(

Dr. Harrison is a woman, and she said decisions would go out at the end of next week, so you've still got a shot, bud!

Waitlisted. I wonder how many are on this list...

Joining the waitlist squad. Anyone have any idea what kind of chance we have of coming off? Feel like they havent really rejected anyone...

Was anyone actually rejected post-II? I know they said they have in their e-mail, but I havent heard of anyone being rejected lol