2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who has been accepted not received an invitation?
I’m assuming that if you are accepted then you are invited. I would send them an email to confirm, but I don’t think they would just invite certain people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 11/2, WL 12/20, recently sent in my letter of intent, should I be hopeful of an acceptance soon?

I plan on sending in a LOI by Friday and it's not too late to bother, right?

PS Looks like admissions tracker updated to 350 acceptances sent out. So I guess they're just going to be trickling in now

Members don't see this ad :)
Has it been any WL movement? Seems we should wait till April 15!

the acceptance number on their admissions site went up from 338 to 350 a couple days ago. hopefully we see lots of more movement april 15/april 30!

Is it too late to send in an LOI (since movement is probably really going to start this month)?

Or might as well just give it a shot anyway? Thanks!

Does anybody know how many total acceptances WSU SOM has given out in recent years?

For acceptances, did they contact via email and phone? Or just email/portal?

Has any one gotten any info on what you need to get done before classes start? I have not gotten a single thing from Wayne State other than my acceptance in January and my second look day invite in March. I can't get a solid answer from admissions on what to do or when they will tell me

People withdrawing: are you withdrawing without financial aid info? If we aren't going to get it before April 30th I can withdraw now, but didn't know if it was coming before then.

People withdrawing: are you withdrawing without financial aid info? If we aren't going to get it before April 30th I can withdraw now, but didn't know if it was coming before then.
I was told fin aid packages would be sent in April but could not get a solid date from admissions

Has any one gotten any info on what you need to get done before classes start? I have not gotten a single thing from Wayne State other than my acceptance in January and my second look day invite in March. I can't get a solid answer from admissions on what to do or when they will tell me

This will be updated as the start gets closer: https://admissions.med.wayne.edu/newly-admitted

Reactions: 1 users
Second look scholarships come out today and the next round of merit scholarships come out may 6th! Yes I'm sweating

Any wait listers get good news yet? Maybe we gotta wait till April 30.

For the first two years, is Wayne State P/F or is it P/F/honors Pass? Does anyone know how one can get honors pass? Do you compete with classmates to get honors pass?

Can any of you verify the Commit to Enroll date that is set for this program please? I also cannot find their school defined rules and deadlines for the Choose Your Medical Schools process? Based on the newer rules, if the class matriculates on July 12, they should set their CTE date as no earlier than June 21 if they are following the AMCAS Working Group Recommendations.

Last edited:
Does anybody know the maximum class size WSU SOM holds? I saw last year they had 290 matriculate.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse over this, but I've been starting to get some things in order since it looks like WL movement is really gonna start in the next coming weeks. Do you remember when you were interviewed? I hope there wouldn't be because it should all be a matter of merit vs timing, but I'm trying to see if there's a correlation between how early you interviewed and when you get accepted. Excessive I'm sure but these little questions answered keep me from constant email checking, haha.

Or maybe all of this will be for nothing and I'll keep going to work with egg on my face.

Thank you very much!
Last I check, there was a minor correlation but not really much. I interviewed in late February, and was accepted in May/June.

For the first two years, is Wayne State P/F or is it P/F/honors Pass? Does anyone know how one can get honors pass? Do you compete with classmates to get honors pass?
Honors is above ~90% and anyone who gets the points qualifies.
Does anybody know the maximum class size WSU SOM holds? I saw last year they had 290 matriculate.
I think target class size is 300 but sometimes it goes over/under

What are some of the apartments people have been looking at in the area?

Honors is test average >92%, like it was said anyone who gets over that qualifies. However, students are internally ranked for residency evals.

Also, withdrawing, hope my spot goes to someone deserving :)

Reactions: 4 users
What are some of the apartments people have been looking at in the area?
I asked this question at my interview: I heard from most students that the Studio 1 Apartments are the most popular, although if I had the money to live in an apartment I would look for apartments north of the city

Any wait listers get good news yet? Maybe we gotta wait till April 30.

Haven't heard anything. Although to keep myself from going nuts, I check the admissions tracker before my email or portal (to keep myself from constantly checking everything). Haven't seen any updates so I'm imagining maybe after April 30th?

called the office today and they said they are expecting a "fair amount of movement" off the waitlist? Good sign maybe? Someone else wanna call and confirm this...

Reactions: 4 users