2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve emailed mine to every school, including Cornell today, but blacked out my SSN.
On the Aid Type Request Form there is a little hyperlink that say's "File Transfer". It will lead you to a site where you have to sign up for an account. This will allow you to submit sensitive documents securely.

Ooof, I goofed that. Rio, did you resubmit under the file transfer or are you gonna wait until they email back?

Members don't see this ad.

On the Aid Type Request Form there is a little hyperlink that say's "File Transfer". It will lead you to a site where you have to sign up for an account. This will allow you to submit sensitive documents securely.
Ah! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Ooof, I goofed that. Rio, did you resubmit under the file transfer or are you gonna wait until they email back?

Yeah, I totally disregarded the file transfer because I assumed I didn’t have the credentials. Oops. Maybe I’ll just resubmit using the file transfer and then if they email back, I’ll let them know I did both.

Members don't see this ad :)
seems like they put less emphasis on research funding and more emphasis on residency director reputation? i could be oversimplifying though edit: jk i was definitely wrong lmao, nice to see the actual rankings match the residency director rankings more though

Not exactly. They are no longer including private, non-NIH research funding in their calculations and are only looking at NIH funding for each institution. For what it's worth, last year was the first year they had included non-NIH funding in this calculation, so they tried it once and then decided to go back to the old way.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-clinical is unranked pass/fail with passing at 65%. Clerkship is honors, high-pass, pass, fail.
does the clerkship grading system make it feel like a more competitive/less collaborative environment at all? or is it still pretty collaborative/helpful for those years?

does the clerkship grading system make it feel like a more competitive/less collaborative environment at all? or is it still pretty collaborative/helpful for those years?

Dunno, I'm but a simple first year student. None of the upper classmen I'm friends with complain about competition though. I think there are like only four med schools in the US that have pass/fail clerkship tho.

Reactions: 2 users
Does AOA only take clerkship grades into account?

Does AOA only take clerkship grades into account?
I believe it's clerkship grades and Step1. Though I wouldn't worry about that since our match is pretty solid with a 100% match rate the past couple years; attached are the match lists for the last two years.

There was talk about getting rid of AOA in a class council meeting last year but I didn't really follow it.

Attachments

• Copy of match_list_by_specialty_deidentified_2017.pdf
    112 KB · Views: 144
  • match_list_by_specialty_deidentified_2018_2.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 198
  • match_list_by_specialty_deidentified_2019_1.pdf
    39.8 KB · Views: 148
That's what I did! The wcmc-admissions one
thanks for your response! did you write the LOI directly in the email or attach a word/pdf document and tell them that you wrote an LOI that is attached?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your response! did you write the LOI directly in the email or attach a word/pdf document and tell them that you wrote an LOI that is attached?

I attached a pdf along with a brief email since that's the format other schools seem to prefer (so I was taking a guess lol), but back when I sent them my interview thank you notes I sent those as just a plain text email and they accepted them. So I bet either is fine! I just wanted to attach a real file to make sure I kept myself to one page haha

I attached a pdf along with a brief email since that's the format other schools seem to prefer (so I was taking a guess lol), but back when I sent them my interview thank you notes I sent those as just a plain text email and they accepted them. So I bet either is fine! I just wanted to attach a real file to make sure I kept myself to one page haha
awesome thanks so much for your response!

Upperclass student here -- in the clerkships there is no limit on how many students can get honors for each clerkship (students are not directly competing with each other). In my experience it has been very collaborative throughout clerkship (classmates sharing study resources for shelf exams, helping each other out on the floors wherever possible).

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody have information on how we submit our $100 deposit? I’m ready to REALLY secure this seat lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody have information on how we submit our $100 deposit? I’m ready to REALLY secure this seat lol
Anybody have information on how we submit everything? Want to send in all the forms but idk if we are required to postmark it or if we can just scan and email lol

Are we receiving a letter in the mail with more information? Or, was everything included in the acceptance email and on the financial aid website?

Anybody have information on how we submit everything? Want to send in all the forms but idk if we are required to postmark it or if we can just scan and email lol

Damn, its wild we are talking to future classmates.

Reactions: 4 users
Are we receiving a letter in the mail with more information? Or, was everything included in the acceptance email and on the financial aid website?
According to the acceptance email they sent out a packet in the mail to your preferred address on Monday

me on the WL watching this wholesome conversation transpire

13744103.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Do y'all know when they are going to send out info about an official facebook group? I'd really like to see what the make up of the class looks like. I won't be able to attend second look :'(

In the acceptance email there are two attachments if you read one of them carefully (I forgot which one) it’ll say something about a “file transfer system”. You just follow the link, create and account, and send your 2017 tax return and any other important info such as parent tax returns (if you’re applying for need-based aid). Also, make sure you fill out the CSS profile and the “Need-Based Request Form”. If you go on their financial aid website and you follow the instructions for new MD students, you should see the link to the form. Fill it out electronically, and email back to financial aid email.

In the acceptance email there are two attachments if you read one of them carefully (I forgot which one) it’ll say something about a “file transfer system”. You just follow the link, create and account, and send your 2017 tax return and any other important info such as parent tax returns (if you’re applying for need-based aid). Also, make sure you fill out the CSS profile and the “Need-T Request Form”. If you go on their financial aid website and you follow the instructions for new MD students, you should see the link to the form. Fill it out electronically, and email back to financial aid email.
Oh yeah I’m using the secure file transfer for the financial aid stuff.

Was just wondering for that form we have to send back in 3 weeks (Accepted student reply form). Wasn’t sure if we can email that or if it should be postmarked

Oh yeah I’m using the secure file transfer for the financial aid stuff.

Was just wondering for that form we have to send back in 3 weeks (Accepted student reply form). Wasn’t sure if we can email that or if it should be postmarked
I filled it out electronically, and emailed it to their admissions email. I got a response back saying it’s been received

I filled it out electronically, and emailed it to their admissions email. I got a response back saying it’s been received
Ooh ok thanks!!
Saved me some money on stamps

wholesome af but rn it seems like everyone who got into WCMC in the thread wants to go (who wouldn't) so making me hella nervous on the WL front lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Ooh ok thanks!!
Saved me some money on stamps

Just got off the phone with admissions and they said even if you didn’t receive an email response, it’ll be noted and added to your file!

wholesome af but rn it seems like everyone who got into WCMC in the thread wants to go (who wouldn't) so making me hella nervous on the WL front lmao
I know at least one person who got in but withdrew. Don’t worry guys. Remember how many people from last years class were off the waitlist

I know at least one person who got in but withdrew. Don’t worry guys. Remember how many people from last years class were off the waitlist
How big is this waitlist?

i actually don't remember lol do you have an estimate

I got the letter in the mail today but it was exactly the same information as what was contained in the email (including attachments)!

I got the letter in the mail today but it was exactly the same information as what was contained in the email (including attachments)!
Haven’t received mine yet. Hopefully tomorrow so that I know it’s official OFFICIAL, ;) lol

Did they even send out rejections this year? Lmao, seems like everyone who didn’t get accepted got WLed

Last edited:
Did they even send out rejections this year? Lmao, seems like everyone who didn’t get accepted got WLed
Earlier on this thread (the day decisions came out) someone mentioned they got rejected. Perhaps those that got rejected aren’t on SDN