2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey if anyone else applying is interested ACOM's SOMA is hosting a ShaDO day on April 10th.

Signup link: ACOM ShaDO Day 2020
Thanks for finding that out for us.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had interview on 2/21 and really was impressed with school. Mr. Willis said that Admissions Committee would meet today and decide on our batch of interviewees. Decisions would be sent on Thursday. Would be really excited if I can get into the school!

Reactions: 2 users
I had interview on 2/21 and really was impressed with school. Mr. Willis said that Admissions Committee would meet today and decide on our batch of interviewees. Decisions would be sent on Thursday. Would be really excited if I can get into the school!
Same here! I’ll be praying for us all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Those that have been accepted, how long was it from when you were accepted over the phone until you received your official acceptance letter in the mail?

Those that have been accepted, how long was it from when you were accepted over the phone until you received your official acceptance letter in the mail?
It took about a week for mine.

Just got an II for the 13th of March, hoping thats not too late!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey, recently accepted student here and after looking over the matriculation packet, I started to get some things done. I completed my background check and signed up for a drug test but got no date? Does anyone know how it works? Do I just go into LabCorp anytime between now and April 1st to get it done?

Or is it a service ACOM supplies and we don't take it until we get to campus?

Hey, recently accepted student here and after looking over the matriculation packet, I started to get some things done. I completed my background check and signed up for a drug test but got no date? Does anyone know how it works? Do I just go into LabCorp anytime between now and April 1st to get it done?

Just print out the lab corp drug screen sheet from your CastleBranch account and bring it with you to any LabCorp location whenever you want to get it done before the deadline

Reactions: 1 users

You go in on your own to do it. Make sure they do the full drug screen outlined in the packet or you'll end up having to go twice.

Just print out the lab corp drug screen sheet from your CastleBranch account and bring it with you to any LabCorp location whenever you want to get it done before the deadline

Ahhhh thank you!! (I hadn't gotten the order confirmation yet, which is why I was confused). So any time before April 1st and I am good? How long does it normally take to process and send to ACOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh thank you!! (I hadn't gotten the order confirmation yet, which is why I was confused). So any time before April 1st and I am good? How long does it normally take to process and send to ACOM?

Mine took four days for the drug test and two days for the background check.

Any movement on the waitlist yet? Does anyone know if Mr. Willis is making calls today?

I also got accepted today

Reactions: 10 users
I guess today isn't my day...

I guess today isn't my day...

Hang in there, I believe a decent amount of people get taken off the waitlist in March

For those of you that have done the castlebranch stuff, Do we put our immunization on castlebranch as well? The only reason I ask is that every other school(EMT/Paramedic) that has required castlebranch had us put our immunizations in there as well.

For those of you that have done the castlebranch stuff, Do we put our immunization on castlebranch as well? The only reason I ask is that every other school(EMT/Paramedic) that has required castlebranch had us put our immunizations in there as well.

No you do not.
Proof of immunizations are to be brought to orientation!

How long does it take to get the matriculation packet sent to you after paying your deposit?

How long does it take to get the matriculation packet sent to you after paying your deposit?
I paid the deposit on a Thursday and received the matriculation email Monday or Tuesday.

I think you can download it from your micro site as well

Anyone interviewing want to go out and meet some current students after their interviews today?

Does anybody know how to get into the accepted students' Facebook group? I joined it a while ago and sent a message to the admin, still nothing though.

Does anybody know how to get into the accepted students' Facebook group? I joined it a while ago and sent a message to the admin, still nothing though.
I’m having the same issue..

I think it was from the last interview group.

Fellow waitlister here! So getting off of the waitlist is based off of when you did your interview than anything. I think they are reviewing the WL once every few weeks or so. The people who have been pulled already interviewed between August and November

Fellow waitlister here! So getting off of the waitlist is based off of when you did your interview than anything. I think they are reviewing the WL once every few weeks or so. The people who have been pulled already interviewed between August and November
Awwh.... so you're telling me my chances are slim since I interviewed at the end of November =(

It's okay. I'll stay strong and do better next cycle.

Stay strong to anyone that's in the same boat. Hang in there.

Awwh.... so you're telling me my chances are slim since I interviewed at the end of November =(

It's okay. I'll stay strong and do better next cycle.

Stay strong to anyone that's in the same boat. Hang in there.

It’s not over yet, a bunch of people get off the waitlist this month

It’s not over yet, a bunch of people get off the waitlist this month
Let's hope for the best but expect the worst. I speak for myself and everyone out there that's under the same boat. It was my birthday this weekend. I was hoping for good news but if not it will be okay. I wish you all the best.

Did Mr. Willis tell you this?

I was accepted off of the waitlisted and I interviewed September. Someone else was accepted off of the waitlist the same day I was but they interviewed months after I did. So it doesn’t seem like they are going in chronological order.

Has anyone heard what kind of laptop/tablet is issued?

I declined my acceptance today! I hope that it goes to one of you guys :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Do most people look for roommates on the facebook group? Still not accepted to the group, but would like to start looking for housing options with others :D

Crunch gym just opened for $10 a month. We have a first year student who is a Spin instructor there too!
Thank you! I actually just joined that gym so I can transfer when I move to Dothan.

Do most people look for roommates on the facebook group? Still not accepted to the group, but would like to start looking for housing options with others :D
If anyone knows the trick to getting into the Facebook group, please let us know.

I got a secondary invite back in October, but never got an actual link to the secondary. Is it too late in the application cycle to do the secondary? Do I have to call the admissions office for the link?

• Haha
I got a secondary invite back in October, but never got an actual link to the secondary. Is it too late in the application cycle to do the secondary? Do I have to call the admissions office for the link?
Email Ashley outlaw. She’ll send you the link. They have a long interview season so if you’re still interested, I’d send it in. It’s only 2 questions

Anyone else feel like their interview didn’t go well?
Yes, accepted 7 days later. I spent the week picking it apart in my head. Don’t be like me.

Reactions: 4 users
Email Ashley outlaw. She’ll send you the link. They have a long interview season so if you’re still interested, I’d send it in. It’s only 2 questions
When do they stop interviewing? Does anyone know?

The secondary deadline is April 15 on their website. So I assume they’ll be interviewing at least until then

I just saw they have interview dates until 4/24 according to their portal!