2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who has had their interviews through Zoom, how long approximately did it last?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the Zoom application is compatible with the iPad?
It is, but the UI is more user friendly on a computer.

In case anyone's still planning on visiting for some reason, the campus is closed. Classes/exams were transitioned to online (admin actually bought everyone USMLE Rx bricks).

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when ACOM sends out student loan instructions?

Reactions: 2 users
keep in mind that it is Match Day even though the events have been canceled it’s probably still a day where a lot of other stuff is going on

Interviewed last Friday too! Staring at my phone haha

Me too! I’ve been panicking for the past few hours lol. Plus, the fact that today is Match day probably means we won’t hear back for a bit.

but im so anxious haha

Early indications from the Facebook group that the match list is fire! Congrats guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! ahh super excited to be the ACOM Class of 2024!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Early indications from the Facebook group that the match list is fire! Congrats guys!
anyone know when they normally post the whole match list?

Hey! Does anyone what the official start date is in the fall? I can‘t find it any where

ACOM's Match list so far so you who have not seen it. Thanks @BoneWizard
ACOM's Partial List:

Anesthesiology
St Louis University
Texas Tech
University of Illinois at Chicago
Sunrise Health
University of Louisville x 2
Medical University of South Carolina
Tulane
Allegheny General Hospital
UCF Ocala
Ochsner Clinic

Diagnostic Rads
UMass-Baystate
Cooper University

EM
Wellstar Kennestone
LSU-Baton Rouge
St.Vincent Toledo
Bronx NY
Prisma Upstate
Kendall Regional
Tower Health

FM
Mayo Clinic
Northwell Phelps
UCF x 2
South Baldwin Regional
Corpus Christi Spohn
Christus Health, San Antonio
Ohio Health
Medical College of Georgia
Ascension Providence
UF Shands
East Kentucky
Ohio Health
East Connecticut Health Network
Asheville x 2
AnMed Health

General Surgery
Brookwood Baptist
Corvallis
University of South Dakota

IM
Cleveland Clinic
UT Memphis
Ochsner Clinic
Brookwood Baptist
Southeast Health x 2
UAB-Huntsville
Rowan University
Prisma Upstate
Spectrum Health
Stony Brook
University of Mississippi
Atlanticare
Sovah Health
UTHSC
OSU – Tulsa
South Alabama

OBGYN
University of Mississippi – Jackson
McLaren Health
Riverside Regional Medical Center
St. Francis
University of Connecticut x 2
New Jersey Medical Center

ONMM
MSU

Ortho
KCUMB

Pathology
University of Kentucky
MUSC

Peds
University of Mississippi – Jackson x 2
Maimonides
Arkon Children’s
UF/Arnold Palmer x 2
EVMS
VCU

PM&R
NYU Langone
University of Missouri
Memorial Healthcare
Beaumont Health

Prelim
Icahn Mt. Sinai
University of Kentucky
Ohio Health
Inspira Health

Psychiatry
Greenville
UF Health Shands
UVA

Vascular Surgery
Michgan State

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users
anyone know when they normally post the whole match list?

Graduation is when the students get the whole list and then usually during the summer the match list gets posted to their website.

Hey guys,
anyone on the Facebook page know how to get the admins to accept the requests? I have had mine pending for almost 3 weeks now and was just wondering who I could ask about that.

I am pretty sure a bunch of people were all accepted to the facebook page the same day, I waited like a month for mine to go through :D

Just got an II today! Scheduled for April 17th (earlier date open), is it too late by then?

Can any current student inform me on how corona is impacting classes etc.
I'm actually quite happy with how the school's handled everything.

All classes and labs were transitioned to online, non-mandatory from March 15th until April 20th at the earliest although it's looking increasingly like this'll get pushed back. Exams and practicals are at home, proctored. OPP is essentially on hold for the next month (not that we had a lot of OPP per week to begin with). School bought us some more board prep subscriptions and we've been given last year's lectures/zoom lectures for the time being.

Campus is closed, but faculty are still working. Match day, graduation (per state instructions) and all student events are cancelled/transitioned to online. A good chunk of the class has gone home and are doing coursework remotely/treating it like early dedicated. Communication from school's essentially been "Stay home and stay away from each other."

I'm actually quite happy with how the school's handled everything.

All classes and labs were transitioned to online, non-mandatory from March 15th until April 20th at the earliest although it's looking increasingly like this'll get pushed back. Exams and practicals are at home, proctored. OPP is essentially on hold for the next month (not that we had a lot of OPP per week to begin with). School bought us some more board prep subscriptions and we've been given last year's lectures/zoom lectures for the time being.

Campus is closed, but faculty are still working. Match day, graduation (per state instructions) and all student events are cancelled/transitioned to online. A good chunk of the class has gone home and are doing coursework remotely/treating it like early dedicated. Communication from school's essentially been "Stay home and stay away from each other."
Thank you for the detailed reply!!
As far as rotations go, do you know how ACOM is handling it? Are 3rd and 4th years still in hospitals or have they been sent home?

Placed on the waitlist. Interviewed 3/23. Will relinquish my position. Hope one of you lucky, wonderful people get in!

Reactions: 1 users
Current accepted student - really excited to start in July!

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions/advice about where to get my titer tests done? Thanks

Reactions: 4 users
Current accepted student - really excited to start in July!

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions/advice about where to get my titer tests done? Thanks

My PCP wrote me a lab order to have the titers drawn. Try contacting your PCP

interviewed 3/20 via Zoom
accepted 3/26!

So excited for this opportunity! Unfortunately, because of the COVID outbreak I was unable to have a traditional interview day and wasn’t really able to see Dothan and get a feel for campus/the students/faculty/staff. Any current students/accepted students willing to DM me and help me get a feel for the area and the campus vibe? Thanks so much everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Asking for a friend (also sorry if this was answered before): PLEASE HELP

My friend recently interviewed though Zoom on 03/20 and was waitlisted. How does ACOM handle waitlists? Are they ranked? Would it look bad if my friend gave ACOM a call to ask for a waitlist status? What are some things he/she can do to get off of the waitlist? Is there normally a lot of movement?

This is his/her top choice school so any tips/info/advice will help. Unfortunately, friend has not shadowed a DO but due to the circumstances of corona... it will be very hard to obtain that experience.

Stats of friend:
3.7 gpa
500 mcat
800+ hours volunteer
400 hours of shadowing
2 years of research experience
In a specialized masters program
Accepted to another school but is not the top choice

Anyone interviewed 2/28 and received matriculation package yet? The only thing I got since the call was an acceptance letter... It's been a month and I haven't got anything. I hope this is just because conora thing's impact, not some kind of mistakenly acceptance..

Anyone interviewed 2/28 and received matriculation package yet? The only thing I got since the call was an acceptance letter... It's been a month and I haven't got anything. I hope this is just because conora thing's impact, not some kind of mistakenly acceptance..
Did you pay the deposit?

No instruction for me to pay the deposit... omg was I supposed to pay the deposit somewhere else?
Well, you should've received an email with instructions to pay the deposit. I believe if you're accepted after January you have 14 days to pay it.

Should I write an email to ask...? I'm screwed now
No, I think you should give them a call rather than wait for email. Take a deep breath, call them and explain that you never received the deposit email.

Well, you should've received an email with instructions to pay the deposit. I believe if you're accepted after January you have 14 days to pay it.

No, I think you should give them a call rather than wait for email. Take a deep breath, call them and explain that you never received the deposit email.
Okay thank you.. @BoneWizard I'm making the call right now. God bless me please...

Okay thank you.. @BoneWizard I'm making the call right now. God bless me please...
No one's available right now. I'm going to write an email and call them again in 1hr. Omg I feel I am so stupid. How did I not think about checking back with them within two weeks..

No one's available right now. I'm going to write an email and call them again in 1hr. Omg I feel I am so stupid. How did I not think about checking back with them within two weeks..
I interviewed that day and was sent everything. So it had to be an administrative error on their part! So you should be fine if you contact them #fingerscrossed

Thanks everyone for your help! Mr. Willis replied to my email super quick, and he said the info was sent to a wrong email address. He extended deadline for me yeah!
Just paid my deposit! YES I will be part of ACOM Class of 2024 ;)

Reactions: 14 users
Thanks everyone for your help! Mr. Willis replied to my email super quick, and he said the info was sent to a wrong email address. He extended deadline for me yeah!
Just paid my deposit! YES I will be part of ACOM Class of 2024 ;)

Glad everything worked out! Welcome :)

• Love
Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Excited to see you all in the fall!

Reactions: 15 users