2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewed on 2/28 has been called from Mr. Willis? Mr. Willis said he is going to call whoever is accepted today. I am sooooo nervous and anxious :O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
GOT THE CALL! I’m in! Thanks everyone for the help and advice on here!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
GOT THE CALL! I’m in! Thanks everyone for the help and advice on here!!!!!
look, now it doesn’t matter how bad you messed up the interview. JK, congrats

look, now it doesn’t matter how bad you messed up the interview. JK, congrats
Lmao yea maybe I was just being super critical of myself. I did same thing after my mcat and ended up doing fine lol. But thank you! Congrats to you as well fellow over thinker

Reactions: 1 users
Lmao yea maybe I was just being super critical of myself. I did same thing after my mcat and ended up doing fine lol. But thank you! Congrats to you as well fellow over thinker
Does anyone know how many seats are available at this point?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how many seats are available at this point?

I honestly think there are a good amount of seats still available! Especially with the deposit being on the more hefty side and 2 weeks requirement.

I believe overthinking is the true medical school prerequisite

Reactions: 3 users
What hotel did you guys stay in for the interview if you stayed in a hotel?

Members don't see this ad :)
What hotel did you guys stay in for the interview if you stayed in a hotel?
Comfort inn and suites, they have a shuttle that goes to the school

If anyone is looking for housing during their interview or needs a second look at ACOM, I'm a current 2nd-year student with an off-campus house. Offering $60 per night for a clean, quiet, cozy private bedroom and bathroom. Happy to host and accommodate any last-minute interviews or stays, so please message me if you're interested! Ashley Outlaw and Bob Willis in ACOM admissions also have my information if you're more comfortable getting it through them.

Does any former, current, or future students have any insight on the 1 bed espy versus the 1 bed studio? I'll be doing HPSP so the rent isn't really a big deal but at the same time I don't want to spend a decent amount more ($1075 1 bed espy vs $835 1 bed studio,) if the difference isn't huge.

Does any former, current, or future students have any insight on the 1 bed espy versus the 1 bed studio? I'll be doing HPSP so the rent isn't really a big deal but at the same time I don't want to spend a decent amount more ($1075 1 bed espy vs $835 1 bed studio,) if the difference isn't huge.

There’s a huge difference in size

has anyone from 3/6 heard back yet?

No I haven't heard back. If anyone has, when did you get the call? Also I'm unsure what the thumbs up likes mean but I hope it doesn't mean you all got the call haha

Last edited:
No I haven't heard back. If anyone has, when did you get the call? Also I'm unsure what the thumbs up likes mean but I hope it doesn't mean you all got the call haha
no still waiting... we were supposed to hear today right?

no it doesn't mean I got the call, I just wanted to know the answer to that question as well lol

no still waiting... we were supposed to hear today right?

From what I can tell from this thread and what I remember from Mr. Willis, they meet today to decide and call those who are accepted. tomorrow we may figure out wait list versus rejection

Either we are the unlucky bunch or COVID-19 pushed back their meeting time to decide. I've seen people hear back around 1PM on this thread. Darn you COVID-19!
I interviewed on a Friday and was called at noon central on the next Friday.

Did they tell you Thursday?
No I am also waiting to hear back, but since you heard on a Friday, there is a chance that they could inform us tomorrow. Really liked the school, so I hope that is the case.

How long does the drug test take to process? If I take mine on the 24th will it be sent to the school before the 1st?

I emailed Mr. Willis about ShaDo day and he has informed me that it will be canceled to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus. =(

I emailed Mr. Willis about ShaDo day and he has informed me that it will be canceled to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus. =(

Lol. They cancelled all ACOM events. Match day, balls, school activities. Rotations are still required. Also mandatory attendance is still strictly enforced for lectures.

“We don’t want you guys getting sick by getting together in the same room for match day or the ball. But you still gotta get together in the same room for lectures because those are mandatory per policy and the virus knows not to infect you during class.”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are planning on switching to virtual interview due to corona?

Does anyone know if they are planning on switching to virtual interview due to corona?

I had an online interview this morning done through Zoom. It was odd, but it got the job done. I was emailed and given the choice to switch my interview online though, I don't think they've completely stopped in person interviews.

I had an online interview this morning done through Zoom. It was odd, but it got the job done. I was emailed and given the choice to switch my interview online though, I don't think they've completely stopped in person interviews.
Ok thanks!

damn was really hoping to get back there

I have my interview scheduled for April and received an email today that it will be done through Zoom due to COVID-19

Waitlisted too :( does any one have any advice regarding this? Feeling quite bummed.

Accepted by call today! Called around 12:30.

Reactions: 6 users
sorry if this has been asked already but has anyone received an II after being placed on the pre-II hold?

Does anyone know how the match went for ACOM?

Does anyone know how the match went for ACOM?

I think my class had over 10 people Match anesthesia, which was very very competitive this year (me included). 2200 applicants for 1768 spots! I'd say we did great :)

Reactions: 8 users
I think my class had over 10 people Match anesthesia, which was very very competitive this year (me included). 2200 applicants for 1768 spots! I'd say we did great :)
Do you have a full match list?