-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That is what it seems like yes... interviewed 9/4 and haven't heard back yet eitherI must have missed that, I took it as an extremely small percentage of people would be accepted without being on UC first. So If we don't hear today then we are either UC or rejected?
For someone who interviewed, can y'all provide the direct address to the interview building?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted850233
Anyone heard from 9/4 interview date?
For someone who interviewed, can y'all provide the direct address to the interview building]
The main building is 43 New Scotland. Usually people meet in MS cafe to start (if it follows last year).
Attachments
ACCEPTED!!!!! So many excited, happy feelings!!!
what was your interview date?ACCEPTED!!!!! So many excited, happy feelings!!!
9/12 interviewwhat was your interview date?
email! Starts off with "congratulations..." I initially thought it was some newsletter offer telling me I get free shipping on a purchase or somethingCall or email ?
Under consideration
+1Under consideration
+2 interviewed 9/4Under consideration
D
deleted850233
Same
+3Under consideration
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think so, but the admissions dean said that many people on the UC list will eventually get A'sDOes this mean a hold/waitlist?
It's not a waitlist, it's more similar to a hold/deferred to a later date. From my knowledge, they pull people off UC list throughout the cycle. If you are on the UC list and don't get an A by the spring then you get put on the waitlist.DOes this mean a hold/waitlist?
Dr. Optimist
New Member
Under consideration email just now. I am grateful for that because our chances are still good if we receive this decision 🙂 Congratulations to everyone who got the immediate acceptance! That is incredible!
D
deleted850233
Really? I thought they put everyone Who interviewed “under consideration”.Under consideration email just now. I am grateful for that because our chances are still good if we receive this decision 🙂 Congratulations to everyone who got the immediate acceptance! That is incredible!
Dr. Optimist
New Member
Really? I thought they put everyone Who interviewed “under consideration”.
I initially thought so as well, but several people have said that they were accepted yesterday. I remember at my interview that someone mentioned most of us will either go onto the under consideration list or be rejected. They did mention that very few people would receive immediate acceptances starting on October 15th though 🙂
D
deleted850233
I initially thought so as well, but several people have said that they were accepted yesterday. I remember at my interview that someone mentioned most of us will either go onto the under consideration list or be rejected. They did mention that very few people would receive immediate acceptances starting on October 15th though 🙂
No I meant I thought they didn’t deny anyone until the very end.
D
deleted971841
Username checks out!Under consideration email just now. I am grateful for that because our chances are still good if we receive this decision 🙂 Congratulations to everyone who got the immediate acceptance! That is incredible!
Dr. Optimist
New Member
No I meant I thought they didn’t deny anyone until the very end.
Ohhh I understand! I was just looking at last year's thread and some people reported rejections as early as late October. So I think it is possible to be rejected this early.
achilles0619
Full Member
Anyone else who interviewed on 8/29 still have no news?
D
deleted850233
Oh ok, I didn’t look at it. Thanks for the info. Hope we all hear good news 🙂Ohhh I understand! I was just looking at last year's thread and some people reported rejections as early as late October. So I think it is possible to be rejected this early.
Dr. Optimist
New Member
Oh ok, I didn’t look at it. Thanks for the info. Hope we all hear good news 🙂
Anytime! I hope we hear good news too and I am sure we will 🙂 Good luck to you!
D
deleted850233
Haha thank you, we need more of your attitude in here for sure.Anytime! I hope we hear good news too and I am sure we will 🙂 Good luck to you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coolbeans0405
Full Member
i got an II but each time I try and upload a picture it will not let me continue to pick my II date
did anyone else have this issue
did anyone else have this issue
D
deleted971841
It is very picky about browser, only worked in Firefox.i got an II but each time I try and upload a picture it will not let me continue to pick my II date
did anyone else have this issue
uclabruin1919
Full Member
Interviewed 9/04 and placed under consideration!!
UC has people pulled off throughout the cycle. A large portion of our class were on it at some point.
D
deleted850233
Do you know if everyone who is not immediately accepted is moved to UC list or some denied right off the bat?UC has people pulled off throughout the cycle. A large portion of our class were on it at some point.
Some are denied
D
deleted850233
ThanksSome are denied
scribekage
Full Member
Accepted! Interviewed 9/4
This is what the admissions/interview coordinator person (forgot her name) told our group when I interviewed on 10/1.
They are very stringent with acceptances in the 1st few months. There is a threshold (almost like a score or something) - you either meet/exceed it = outright acceptance; don't = outright rejection; or almost there = under consideration.
As the cycle moves on, the requirements get a little lax and the under consideration peeps move into the acceptance threshold point and get the notice.
Hooe this helps.
They are very stringent with acceptances in the 1st few months. There is a threshold (almost like a score or something) - you either meet/exceed it = outright acceptance; don't = outright rejection; or almost there = under consideration.
As the cycle moves on, the requirements get a little lax and the under consideration peeps move into the acceptance threshold point and get the notice.
Hooe this helps.
D
deleted850233
This was very informative, thank you. During my interview day from what I've understood, no one was denied initially and UC is not "almost there". I hope what you say is more accurate 🙂This is what the admissions/interview coordinator person (forgot her name) told our group when I interviewed on 10/1.
They are very stringent with acceptances in the 1st few months. There is a threshold (almost like a score or something) - you either meet/exceed it = outright acceptance; don't = outright rejection; or almost there = under consideration.
As the cycle moves on, the requirements get a little lax and the under consideration peeps move into the acceptance threshold point and get the notice.
Hooe this helps.
Last edited by a moderator:
II, complete 7/25; dates for late Dec into Jan
popcorn1096
Full Member
Interviewed 9/04 and was placed under consideration. I will be withdrawing my application (I didn't dislike the school, I actually really enjoyed my interview day, the 'vibe' of the school and the current students, but Albany can't compare to my in-state acceptances). Best of luck everyone!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
achilles0619
Full Member
Is there anyone who interviewed on 8/29 and has not heard a decision yet? I'm paranoid I'm the only one and they are waiting to reject me
It's not a rejection until it is. 🙂 hang in there.Is there anyone who interviewed on 8/29 and has not heard a decision yet? I'm paranoid I'm the only one and they are waiting to reject me
achilles0619
Full Member
Thank you sorry i'm going crazy hahaIt's not a rejection until it is. 🙂 hang in there.
No worries, I just interviewed and am getting antsy.Thank you sorry i'm going crazy haha
right there with you, but I interviewed late sept, still no wordIs there anyone who interviewed on 8/29 and has not heard a decision yet? I'm paranoid I'm the only one and they are waiting to reject me