2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
last year after alternative list form was due, lots of people were accepted right away the next day!! Tuesday could be a big day!!!!
I'm prayinnnnng!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just to be clear you can still sign up in the alt list if you already have an acceptance or no?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or can anyone keep resubmitting the form? Why doesn't it "gray" out when we submit?

Reactions: 1 users
Is it letting anyone submit the alternate response form multiple times?
yes, it’s kinda a sketch form... i personally resubmitted it 8 times just to be extra sure it got in lol

Reactions: 1 user
last year after alternative list form was due, lots of people were accepted right away the next day!! Tuesday could be a big day!!!!
Is this true? Because I remember the Director of Admissions only saying they take ~10 people from the alternate list each year.

and no email confirmation lol...sketching me out too
i went back multiple times to just submit it but once you submit it once then go back in, it'll still have your info on there. i guess they leave it open so that you can change your answer

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, make sure your check your spam! I just checked and I had the Alt List email in there. All of my other Albany communications did not go to spam, so even if yours haven't make sure to check.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys, make sure your check your spam! I just checked and I had the Alt List email in there. All of my other Albany communications did not go to spam, so even if yours haven't make sure to check.
good looking out! i probably missed some DO interview invites cause one school ended up calling me if i was interested in an interview and why i hadnt responded yet lol

My guess is that we can't change the answer after the deadline and can change the answer now?

Just got the alternate list email...how many people do you think they send it to??? Who wants to guess our chances?

Alt list too! Looks like pretty much everyone

I'm sure not everyone gets on the Alt list, even though most if not all of us here have rn. Basing this on what they say and previous threads show. I'm guessing this year with Corona there's maybe more seats available than even last year, the email did say the class wasn't full. So maybe bigger Alt list. Also, another thing is Albany has a big OOS population.

Reactions: 2 users
My guess is everyone on the UC list got the alternate list email and the only reason the alternate list is officially a condensed version of the UC list is because not everyone chooses to be on it.

Reactions: 4 users
Albany gives very very few scholarships to first years. Aid increases as you are at the school. For example, my first year I had 0 scholarships, my second I had 4K, and my third year I have 13k. So it increases with time. There are only a few large scholarships that go out a year.

Reactions: 7 users
Can any of the current students speak to whether or not the alternate email went to all UC applicants? Seems like it did, which conflicts with the website’s statement that it is a reduced pool. On the other hand, SDN is likely to be skewed towards higher-tiered applicants.

Can any of the current students speak to whether or not the alternate email went to all UC applicants? Seems like it did, which conflicts with the website’s statement that it is a reduced pool. On the other hand, SDN is likely to be skewed towards higher-tiered applicants.
past years people not sent alt list got rejected a few days from UC... definitely didn’t see a lot of it but there were at least a couple people. also account for people who are rejected and don’t post on sdn about it

past years people not sent alt list got rejected a few days from UC... definitely didn’t see a lot of it but there were at least a couple people. also account for people who are rejected and don’t post on sdn about it

Yep, my thoughts exactly

Does anyone else feel like we're running to home plate from third base, halfway down the line?

Yep, my thoughts exactly

Does anyone else feel like we're running to home plate from third base, halfway down the line?
I agree, but it's also kind of hard to continue to be strung along. With each "level you ascend" to (Post-II --> UC --> Alt list), you feel closer to getting an A, but you know that not everyone will get accepted, so the pain of rejection will hurt all the more.

I agree, but it's also kind of hard to continue to be strung along. With each "level you ascend" to (Post-II --> UC --> Alt list), you feel closer to getting an A, but you know that not everyone will get accepted, so the pain of rejection will hurt all the more.
very factual. and ill be even more pressed when i started school then get accepted and possibly have to just pick up everything and move.. i'd be very pressed lol

Yep, my thoughts exactly

Like I'm halfway down the line but also I ran through the stop sign from my third base coach and Ichiro is the right fielder who I know fired a laser toward home only moments after I turned for the plate.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone contact Albany to find out why we can keep resubmitting the Alternate List invite form?

Did anyone contact Albany to find out why we can keep resubmitting the Alternate List invite form?
No cause it’s the weekend. They’re probably not in office. I’d wait til after May 4 to see if it locks because that’s the date they gave us to submit by

M1 here, I remember that happened to me too last year. I think I reached out to admissions and they confirmed my spot on the AL.

does anyone know if we can ask them what rank number we are once the alternate list is finalized tomorrow?

does anyone know if we can ask them what rank number we are once the alternate list is finalized tomorrow?

They made it very clear on the interview day, their website, and in multiple emails that they will never release this info.

They made it very clear on the interview day, their website, and in multiple emails that they will never release this info.
well it's been a long time since my interview...may or may not have blocked that out for the sake of my own optimism lol

Reactions: 6 users
well it's been a long time since my interview...may or may not have blocked that out for the sake of my own optimism lol
I am right there with you in that case lol. I wish they would!

I've been waiting since November 1, 2019. if i can wait half a year, you got this!