2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that interviewed in early March hear back? This quarantine is making me a little crazier haha. I called a few weeks ago and they said that they would still be meeting virtually and do not anticipate an interruption in giving out decisions
I interviewd 3/11 and radio silence. I can see others in this thread are in the same boat!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
same!!! They told us mid april, so I was actually anticipating it being some time last week (as that was obviously mid April), especially considering there was an April 15th AMCAS deadline for narrowing your selections down to three acceptances. When Friday came and went, I was SURE that we would have had to hear today, and as you noticed, radio silence... I'm not sure what to make of it? In 9 days, we have to select our school in AMCAS, so I am really surprised they haven't let us know anything by now. I feel your pain.
Wait, is the deadline April 15th? I thought it was the 30th?

Wait, is the deadline April 15th? I thought it was the 30th?
For the April 15th deadline, an applicant has to narrow down their acceptances to three. For the April 30th deadline, an applicant has to narrow down their acceptances to one.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current medical students here from NYC that can talk about their experiences at AMC and moving to Albany?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
For the April 15th deadline, an applicant has to narrow down their acceptances to three. For the April 30th deadline, an applicant has to narrow down their acceptances to one.
Ah. Thanks for that clarification. I thought it was the 30th and then mid-May, respectively.
Definitely makes it interesting that no one has been chiming in about getting in off the UC list.... Maybe they're going through and making the alternative list?

Ah. Thanks for that clarification. I thought it was the 30th and then mid-May, respectively.
Definitely makes it interesting that no one has been chiming in about getting in off the UC list.... Maybe they're going through and making the alternative list?
Yeah not sure I interviewed in October and was accepted off the UC list in 2019. If I had to guess they might have UC movement probably after April 30th but hopefully before then.

Last edited:
i interviewed in October, was put on UC in November and haven't heard anything back since then :( #help

Reactions: 4 users
Any of you 3/11 interviewees communicate with the school in any way? I think it's getting pretty crazy that we haven't heard anything... The fact that the 3/6 interviewees, who only interviewed 3 business days prior to us, already heard over a week ago, and we have not heard a thing, has me a little concerned. Especially given the fact that AMC forgot to send the secondary application to the very first group of verified applicants, I am almost worried they forgot about us.

Any of you 3/11 interviewees communicate with the school in any way? I think it's getting pretty crazy that we haven't heard anything... The fact that the 3/6 interviewees, who only interviewed 3 business days prior to us, already heard over a week ago, and we have not heard a thing, has me a little concerned. Especially given the fact that AMC forgot to send the secondary application to the very first group of verified applicants, I am almost worried they forgot about us.
You guys should definitely communicate! They didn’t forget to send the secondary application to us, they did send it! It just never reached our inbox for whatever technical issue. I know this because I reached out and they had records they sent me their secondary.

You guys probably already had decisions that never reached your inbox. I hope that’s not the case.

You guys should definitely communicate! They didn’t forget to send the secondary application to us, they did send it! It just never reached our inbox for whatever technical issue. I know this because I reached out and they had records they sent me their secondary.

You guys probably already had decisions that never reached your inbox. I hope that’s not the case.

I was actually one of the many kids who were in the first group verified who never initially received a secondary, and I reached out multiple times and got no response via email or phone. The only communication I received, post the reminder email to submit the secondary (that I had never received-which is what made us all realize that they never sent it out to us), was them finally sending the secondary a few days later, with no acknowledgement whatsoever about what had happened. This happened to many of us! We discussed it months ago on a facebook thread in a pre-med group, and we all had the exact same turnout. Given that every other communication with them since then has reached my inbox, I doubt there would be a technical issue with them sending it to the wrong inbox at this late in the cycle. Additionally, any time you try to call, no one answers, and they never return voicemails, which is what happened back in July as well. It is getting worrisome that there are multiple of us who have not heard. I would wonder if there was anyone who interviewed on 3/11 who has heard anything???

The much more likely reasoning for their non-answer to 3/11 is that 3/6 fell on one admission decision round and 3/6 on another.

The much more likely reasoning for their non-answer to 3/11 is that 3/6 fell on one admission decision round and 3/6 on another.

Exactly. Also there is a global pandemic so maybe we should be grateful that they still accommodated virtual interviews and committee meetings? Seems like they are trying their best to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/11 and was accepted this morning!!!!! Does anyone know how I can find the accepted students Facebook group?

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed 3/11 and was accepted this morning!!!!! Does anyone know how I can find the accepted students Facebook group?

Congratulations! Expect an email from admissions inviting you to join the FaceBook. Otherwise, you can email them directly asking for a link. There is also a class GroupMe set up, look for the link on the FaceBook.

Edit: it will likely take a few days to join. You have to be approved by admins.

Congratulations! Expect an email from admissions inviting you to join the FaceBook. Otherwise, you can email them directly asking for a link. There is also a class GroupMe set up, look for the link on the FaceBook.

Edit: it will likely take a few days to join. You have to be approved by admins.

Awesome, thank you so much!!!

Accepted students— what’s the deal regarding sending them official final transcripts? Is there a date we need to do that by, or any details on exactly where to have them sent?

Accepted students— what’s the deal regarding sending them official final transcripts? Is there a date we need to do that by, or any details on exactly where to have them sent?

I haven’t receive an email yet regarding all that. Maybe once you commit to enroll, they follow up

Exactly. Also there is a global pandemic so maybe we should be grateful that they still accommodated virtual interviews and committee meetings? Seems like they are trying their best to me.

Yeah, no one is being ungrateful! When we have to make a decision that affects our entire career, and the time frame for that decision being released comes and goes, and you can't get in touch with admissions, it is pretty valid to have concerns and wonder when we will find out! It is our entire future, after all. I am glad they finally released decisions today! It was nice to finally see that in my inbox after refreshing 1093482x the past week and a half lol!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the deposit is just due by 4/30, or if it's due at the time of "accepting" the acceptance?

If we accept the entire award package, can we make changes later? i.e. Since I only had two weeks to accept the award package, I accepted the entire package but am not entirely sure how much I will actually need until it gets closer to the semester.

Does anyone know if the deposit is just due by 4/30, or if it's due at the time of "accepting" the acceptance?
When I received my acceptance I believe all of the required documents and the deposit had to be received by them in like 3 days or something like that.

If we accept the entire award package, can we make changes later? i.e. Since I only had two weeks to accept the award package, I accepted the entire package but am not entirely sure how much I will actually need until it gets closer to the semester.

Yes, you can change even in the semester by returning money or taking less for the next semester.

There is a deposit required 3 days within acceptance. Then there are the same traffic rules as the other colleges. Deposits are refundable until 4/1.
I just sent mine in when I was accepted, since it needs to get done and takes time on your old school’s end. AMC will send a reminder later on.

Seems like no UC movement here in a while... has anyone heard back?

Last edited:
Yes, you can change even in the semester by returning money or taking less for the next semester.

There is a deposit required 3 days within acceptance. Then there are the same traffic rules as the other colleges. Deposits are refundable until 4/1.
I just sent mine in when I was accepted, since it needs to get done and takes time on your old school’s end. AMC will send a reminder later on.
Where did you send transcripts to?

Where did you send transcripts to?
I believe I just sent them to the admissions office?
Albany Medical College
Office of Admissions, Mail Code 3
47 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Edit: Perhaps shoot off an email asking first.

According to the frequently asked questions page on the AMC website, it says transcripts are due by July 1st

Just withdrew my acceptance due to finances and proximity to home. Hope my acceptance goes to one of you deserving applicants!

yay good luck!!
Every time I see you reply on this thread, I hope it's an announcement that you got off the UC list. Just wanted you to know I've been rooting for you for a while and I'm crossing my fingers that good news is coming your way soon!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Every time I see you reply on this thread, I hope it's an announcement that you got off the UC list. Just wanted you to know I've been rooting for you for a while and I'm crossing my fingers that good news is coming your way soon!!!!
awww thank you! ahaha that means a lot! yeah I've been waiting for awhile but it'll be such a hassle to switch things up mid may or even closer to the start date with this COVID thing going on.. especially getting into new york will be quite a battle.

Praying there will be UC movement soon. Guessing it will be early next week?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using SDN mobile

Praying there will be UC movement soon. Guessing it will be early next week?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using SDN mobile

I’m assuming the same. I’m figuring they’re holding back until they know exactly how many seats they need to fill.

Anyone know how many people are in the accepted students Facebook group? If we wanna get real conspiratorial...that is a decent way of estimating how many spots are currently open.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how many people are in the accepted students Facebook group? If we wanna get real conspiratorial...that is a decent way of estimating how many spots are currently open.

187, Im on it. Definitely means that they have accepted more than number of seats available

187, Im on it. Definitely means that they have accepted more than number of seats available

yikes it seems like if you are still on the UC then its more likely to be put on the waitlist then at this point....

Reactions: 2 users
yikes it seems like if you are still on the UC then its more likely to be put on the waitlist then at this point....
To be fair, I remember them saying they accept ~3x the class size. Also, people who were accepted and later withdrew their acceptance may also be on the Facebook page.

To be fair, I remember them saying they accept ~3x the class size. Also, people who were accepted and later withdrew their acceptance may also be on the Facebook page.

That's true, still crossing my fingers for good news.