-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I took my CASPer forever ago and got my secondary on Monday. It didn’t even show up in my account until Wednesday. And now my secondary has been stuck in processing since then so I can’t hit complete. Seems like a slow processHow long did people Casper take to show up? I sent them on Monday and still nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine took ~3 days before it finished processing and let me mark the complete buttonDid anyone else figure out how to get the “complete” button to work? All my letters and test scores are marked “yes”, but I still can’t complete the app. Submitted it last night.
jonny12384
Full Member
The status is still marked "pending" for Certified supplemental application received and Supplemental application fee received/AMCAS fee waiver granted even though I submitted the app more than 2 days ago.
Thanks that relieves some stress haha. Did it notify you by email that it was processed or did you just check the application periodically?Mine took ~3 days before it finished processing and let me mark the complete button
I don't think I got an email, I just logged into the portal every day or so to checkThanks that relieves some stress haha. Did it notify you by email that it was processed or did you just check the application periodically?
Just went to check my application status. All my LOR were marked as received when I pressed "complete" about a week ago. The status page still states "your application is now complete", but now states that no LOR have been received. So that's new...
Since I apparently forgot I applied to AMS, I only submitted my Casper on Friday. Anybody know how long it takes to get marked as received?
Iamnumber999
Full Member
Waiting over a week
Since I apparently forgot I applied to AMS, I only submitted my Casper on Friday. Anybody know how long it takes to get marked as received?
bestestmench
Full Member
Yoooo i completely forgot you have to click complete for this to be submitted lol. Just did it
Whoops did not see I needed to send CASPer before submitting the secondary. I submitted my secondary responses and sent my CASPer on the same day recently. Hopefully it's okay
. Is this something worth calling them about?
EDIT: I think I misunderstood. I assume they are saying not to hit the complete button until CASPer has been received
. Is this something worth calling them about?EDIT: I think I misunderstood. I assume they are saying not to hit the complete button until CASPer has been received
As long as your CASPer was already completed sending the score to the school should be instantaneous so whatever gap you had between them should be a matter of hours at most.Whoops did not see I needed to send CASPer before submitting the secondary. I submitted my secondary responses and sent my CASPer on the same day recently. Hopefully it's okay. Is this something worth calling them about?
EDIT: I think I misunderstood. I assume they are saying not to hit the complete button until CASPer has been received
I was wondering this too. It sounds more like any time off when you weren't working or in school. Not gap year but I'm not sureApologies if this has been asked earlier, but does anyone know if this includes taking time off between undergraduate and graduate education? Or are they specifically referring to an interruption within a given degree?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apologies if this has been asked earlier, but does anyone know if this includes taking time off between undergraduate and graduate education? Or are they specifically referring to an interruption within a given degree?
I think very literally they are wanting to know if there are any gaps in your resume. Meaning, even if you graduated years ago, but have been working, this wouldn’t constitute a “gap” in your employment. I initially wrote about my gap time activities, but decided to take it out for fear that they concluded I couldn’t follow directions.
If you don’t have any gaps in between resume activities, I wouldn’t put something. Seems iffy to write in things against what they asked for.
+1I think very literally they are wanting to know if there are any gaps in your resume. Meaning, even if you graduated years ago, but have been working, this wouldn’t constitute a “gap” in your employment. I initially wrote about my gap time activities, but decided to take it out for fear that they concluded I couldn’t follow directions.
If you don’t have any gaps in between resume activities, I wouldn’t put something. Seems iffy to write in things against what they asked for.
II just now!! IS
uclabruin1919
Full Member
II OOS CA applicant!!! :,)
D
deleted971841
II here as well! IS, LM 70, connections to school.
BugsBunny_Luva
Full Member
II! OOS (AZ), 3.97, 509, (Hispanic)
achilles0619
Full Member
II (IS)!!
BugsBunny_Luva
Full Member
Complete dates?
Complete July 18th
7/18Complete dates?
Thank you! Submitted 7/16 and complete 7/19.Congrats to all II's! Completion dates?
achilles0619
Full Member
7/18Complete dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scribekage
Full Member
II IS, LM 74, complete 7/20
D
deleted971841
I didn’t put anything, because nothing has changed that’s not already in my gap year essay. (I think I remember albany having a gap year essay, anyway..)II OOS. for those who got a II, are you sending an update on what you've done since submission? Seems sort of repetitive if no changes have been made besides just working
achilles0619
Full Member
I said " I have been continuing my gap year job described in my secondary"I didn’t put anything, because nothing has changed that’s not already in my gap year essay. (I think I remember albany having a gap year essay, anyway..)
completed 7/18Congrats to all II's! Completion dates?
achilles0619
Full Member
For anyone with an II, can you find any information about the format of the MMI? I know many schools have a different number of stations, vary on if they allow you to take notes, and have a different time limit. I cant find it anywhere on their website but I want to make sure its not out there before I call the admissions office and ask.
D
deleted971841
All I know is that it’s 8, 10-minute stations.For anyone with an II, can you find any information about the format of the MMI? I know many schools have a different number of stations, vary on if they allow you to take notes, and have a different time limit. I cant find it anywhere on their website but I want to make sure its not out there before I call the admissions office and ask.
Does anyone have advice on how to approach the "Describe Yourself" prompt? I am not sure what they are looking for with this question
I took it as very open-ended. Pre-meds always complain about being dehumanized and just being seen as stats and extracurriculars, so this might be a chance to demonstrate that you're more than that,Does anyone have advice on how to approach the "Describe Yourself" prompt? I am not sure what they are looking for with this question
Could I send you a couple of options I have and get your opinion?I took it as very open-ended. Pre-meds always complain about being dehumanized and just being seen as stats and extracurriculars, so this might be a chance to demonstrate that you're more than that,
Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program.
Is this question like a "Why Albany?" question. I'm confused how its different than Describe Yourself
Is this question like a "Why Albany?" question. I'm confused how its different than Describe Yourself
Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program.
Is this question like a "Why Albany?" question. I'm confused how its different than Describe Yourself
I used this to explain something about myself/my goals that aligns with Albany’s mission
jakemehometonight
New Member
Verified 7/17 have yet to receive a secondary... anyone else in a similar position?
Thanks! How did you approach the describe yourself prompt?I used this to explain something about myself/my goals that aligns with Albany’s mission
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man I don't even know how to explain haha. I started explaining my upbringing a little and how it's shaped my character/values. Then I went into a specific characteristic about myself that kind of has to do with work ethic but made it more personal. I ended with just another personality thing and some general life aspiration lol. I don't know if it was even good but that's what I did. You can also try starting with an anecdote and using that to describe yourself, but that felt unnatural to me. Good luck!Thanks! How did you approach the describe yourself prompt?
Verified 7/17 have yet to receive a secondary... anyone else in a similar position?
I was verified on 6/21 but have yet to receive a secondary too. I emailed the admissions office about this but have not received a reply yet. Sucks because this was one of the schools I prewrote 🙁
How long does it take for Casper scores to be processed so I can mark myself "complete"? Casper says my scores have already been delivered (I sent them this morning) but Albany doesn't have them yet. Might be prematurely worrying, but thought I would double check!
Sure dm meCould I send you a couple of options I have and get your opinion?
It took mine one business day between Casper saying it's sent and Albany marking it as received.How long does it take for Casper scores to be processed so I can mark myself "complete"? Casper says my scores have already been delivered (I sent them this morning) but Albany doesn't have them yet. Might be prematurely worrying, but thought I would double check!