You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted971841
I didn’t get mine until very late (or at least it felt that way, 7/15 I think it was) but got an II before the end of the month. It was definitely one of the last 3 I submitted and had a quick turnaround.Does anyone know why they sent out secondaries incrementally? Were the secondaries sent out to higher stat applicants first? I did not get my secondary until late July and I am a bit concerned lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
achilles0619
Full Member
Does anyone know what time the interview day ends for the 8 am start times? Trying to book flights but can't find info online or in last years threads.
D
deleted971841
Your portal doesn’t give you an end time? Pretty sure mine gave a specific window.Does anyone know what time the interview day ends for the 8 am start times? Trying to book flights but can't find info online or in last years threads.
achilles0619
Full Member
No it just says report at 8am, but I read the whole letter again and it said to plan to spend 5-6 hours at the school so i'll just base it off that!Your portal doesn’t give you an end time? Pretty sure mine gave a specific window.
D
deleted971841
I just went to check again and you’re right, it only says 8am now. I’m certain it gave a whole window at one point because it’s in my phone calendar as 8a-1:30p which seems really specific for me to have made up.No it just says report at 8am, but I read the whole letter again and it said to plan to spend 5-6 hours at the school so i'll just base it off that!
Do any of you think it's too late to apply to this school? Would it be worth a shot or simply throwing money away at this point? LM 68
Secondaries were sent like last week.
works for meanyone else unable to access the portal?
Anyone run into any issues with submitting their app leaving some of the essays blank? I'm first time applicant with no real GPA trend and a balanced MCAT, so I don't really have anything to put for these for the "reapplicant" or "inconsistency" essays. Just wondering if I need to leave them blank or put "N/A" in the boxes.
jakemehometonight
New Member
Just received my secondary today
I believe I left that essay blankAnyone run into any issues with submitting their app leaving some of the essays blank? I'm first time applicant with no real GPA trend and a balanced MCAT, so I don't really have anything to put for these for the "reapplicant" or "inconsistency" essays. Just wondering if I need to leave them blank or put "N/A" in the boxes.
Nope no confirmation email, just shows up on my portalDid anyone get a confirmation email about their interview? When I check the portal and go back into the confirmation section it shows the date I selected and everything, but I'm paranoid lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alwaysnice
Full Member
+1Anyone else know they sent LOR's via AMCAS to Albany but this isn't reflected on the app status?
They said it can take up to three weeks for them to actually download the letters from AMCAS and reflect it on the portal. Which is so annoying because that is the only thing that is preventing me from clicking the complete button 🙁
My diversity essay talks about several of the identities I hold, and I basically reused that and then prepended it with "I would describe myself as [list of identities]".How are you writing the "describe yourself" prompt lol
PSA: I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but when you submit the secondary it will take 24-48 hours for them to receive it, but when they do you must hit the complete button at the bottom of the status page. I don’t think it’s well indicated, and they don’t notify you
Just received my secondary today
When u got verified and submit primary bro
mCATmDOG
New Member
I marked the complete button on 7/31, had all yes's for the boxes. But during a status check, now there's a no for the letters of rec? Anyone else?
yes this same exact thing happened to me today
Hopefully, a sign that they're reviewing it and will get back to us soon!yes this same exact thing happened to me today
Edit: it went back to all yes's an hour later!
Last edited:
This has happened to me two or three times. It seems to resolve itself in 1-2 days!I marked the complete button on 7/31, had all yes's for the boxes. But during a status check, now there's a no for the letters of rec? Anyone else?
My primary app was verified on 7/25 and all LORs were in by 8/2. Should I be concerned that I haven't received a secondary yet?
NopeMy primary app was verified on 7/25 and all LORs were in by 8/2. Should I be concerned that I haven't received a secondary yet?
futbol_2019
Full Member
Like others have said, make sure you hit the complete button on the bottom of your portal page. I submitted my secondary over 3 weeks ago but I just saw that I didn’t hit the button.😢
Just went to check just in case...yup definitely didn't hit that submit button. 🙁
I'm fine. This is fine...😵
achilles0619
Full Member
I never got one and I got an II so I think its just the portalany confirmation of completion? I clicked the complete button and it says "Yes" but no confirmation email.
So I just received a secondary from them this morning (verified on 7/30) and emailed the office about a course requirement pertaining to organic chemistry lab because I only had one semester of it (my school only offered one semester and I graduated last year). They said that they require two semesters of lab and that I would need to take it at a community college if I got accepted and plan to matriculate. There's no waiver form like some other schools who do this.
Just thought I'd let people know that may be in a similar situation! Therefore, I do not think I will submit my secondary here, so good luck to everyone!
Just thought I'd let people know that may be in a similar situation! Therefore, I do not think I will submit my secondary here, so good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?II! OOS, LizzyM ~67
CONGRATS!!!!II! OOS, LizzyM ~67
When were you complete?
CONGRATS!!!!
When were you complete?
When were you complete?
I’m at work, and I don’t have access to my personal laptop where I have my Excel sheet! I’ll update once I get it 🙂
Sorry we might be a little too excited lolI’m at work, and I don’t have access to my personal laptop where I have my Excel sheet! I’ll update once I get it 🙂
I think I was complete 7/27. It took 2-3 days for Albany to register all of my materials and for me to remember to hit "Complete."Sorry we might be a little too excited lol
@akjr98
So I just received a secondary from them this morning (verified on 7/30) and emailed the office about a course requirement pertaining to organic chemistry lab because I only had one semester of it (my school only offered one semester and I graduated last year). They said that they require two semesters of lab and that I would need to take it at a community college if I got accepted and plan to matriculate. There's no waiver form like some other schools who do this.
Just thought I'd let people know that may be in a similar situation! Therefore, I do not think I will submit my secondary here, so good luck to everyone!
Woah thanks for the heads up. My undergrad did the same thing, so I appreciate you posting this. I’ll probably skip Albany’s secondary as well. Have you come across any other schools unwilling to waive both semesters of lab if it wasn’t offered?
How long does it take for Casper scores to be processed so I can mark myself "complete"? Casper says my scores have already been delivered (I sent them this morning) but Albany doesn't have them yet. Might be prematurely worrying, but thought I would double check!
Does CASPer email you when you're scored?
Woah thanks for the heads up. My undergrad did the same thing, so I appreciate you posting this. I’ll probably skip Albany’s secondary as well. Have you come across any other schools unwilling to waive both semesters of lab if it wasn’t offered?
There were a couple of schools I did encounter, but after contacting them about my situation (I took one semester of orgo lab that was 3 credits), all the rest of them said I was good. If you want to PM me any schools in particular, hmu!
achilles0619
Full Member
I didn't get anything from them, I could just see it in portalsDoes CASPer email you when you're scored?
Does CASPer email you when you're scored?
No I never got an email. It just said "results delivered" in my CASPer account.
Also never got an email when it got scored. I just checked one day and saw that results had been delivered to the schools I had preselected.
does Albany send a complete email?
Still no secondary. Verified 6/24 and CASPER is in.
Anyone else not get a secondary from here? Verified 6/24. Only school I haven’t gotten one from.
Anyone else not get a secondary from here? Verified 6/24. Only school I haven’t gotten one from.
I sent in my primary a bit later than you, but am IS, LizzyM 77, and have not yet gotten the secondary. I think they are just sending them out in random waves.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else not get a secondary from here? Verified 6/24. Only school I haven’t gotten one from.
Verified 6/14, got the secondary 7/22. Took Casper 7/30.
TotallyKile
New Member
II! OOS. I didn't get an email but the invitation letter showed up on my portal!
II! OOS. I didn't get an email but the invitation letter showed up on my portal!
Congrats!! Definitely going to be checking portals religiously now lol. Mind sharing LM or stats?
TotallyKile
New Member
LM~70Congrats!! Definitely going to be checking portals religiously now lol. Mind sharing LM or stats?
II! OOS. I didn't get an email but the invitation letter showed up on my portal!
Congratulations!!
Did it show up as another option in the menu with "supplemental application" and "application status", etc?