2019-2020 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much! :) OOS. Complete on July 15, 2019
Hi congrats! Just wondering, what are the earliest dates you can go for the interview? are they in august or september?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi congrats! Just wondering, what are the earliest dates you can go for the interview? are they in august or september?
I received an II on 7/26 and was assigned a slot on 9/4 if that helps at all! Seems like they schedule them 4-5 weeks out.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much :)! They gave me one set date for my interview, I couldn't choose, and it was in early September! Although they say that we're allowed to request a date change once. Interviews are also only conducted on Wednesdays!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an II on 7/26 and was assigned a slot on 9/4 if that helps at all! Seems like they schedule them 4-5 weeks out.
Thank you so much :)! They gave me one set date for my interview, I couldn't choose, and it was in early September! Although they say that we're allowed to request a date change once. Interviews are also only conducted on Wednesdays!

thanks so much! best of luck on your interviews ^_^

Anyone from UB or who interviewed here before have any tips? or can provide some insight into how the interview day is? Nervous for my first MD II :/

I'll be a reapplicant this cycle, originally applied 3.4 cgpa 3.1 sgpa, 501 MCAT (125, 124, 126, 126) but I'm doing an SMP and I have strong ties to buffalo and the school (UB MD letters of rec)

Is it worth applying again

I'll be a reapplicant this cycle, originally applied 3.4 cgpa 3.1 sgpa, 501 MCAT (125, 124, 126, 126) but I'm doing an SMP and I have strong ties to buffalo and the school (UB MD letters of rec)

Being a reapplicant doesn't hurt your chances at UB. They explicitly state this on their website.

I think you should retake your MCAT

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess what I was getting at is will this improve my chances

As long as you do well in the SMP, 3.7+, it will help you at any school you choose to apply to. However, an MCAT score of 501 is low for any MD School. I dont know your demographic and economic information, however, that will really hinder you at any school

any II from someone complete in late July?
Yeah I applied last cycle and was complete July 10 and they didn’t even review me until late March. I called to verify that they hadn’t reviewed me yet, so it’s not like I was on hold or anything

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I applied last cycle and was complete July 10 and they didn’t even review me until late March. I called to verify that they hadn’t reviewed me yet, so it’s not like I was on hold or anything
how did you know they didn't review you until late March? you just called and asked or there will be an email saying they are reviewing

People with IIs, what are you doing for the photo? I just printed the photo I used on other apps, should that work?

Because they I hadn't heard anything one way or another. I ended up calling to ensure that I just didn't miss any emails etc and I was told that they hadn't reviewed my app yet but as soon as they do they would send an email either with an II or stating that I was rejected.

Do you think this question is asking for specific things about the school that made you apply? Or asking you tell them how you would fit into the school?

Did anyone interview on 8/21? If so, how did the interview go? Is the tour really as long as they say it is? lol

Did anyone interview on 8/21? If so, how did the interview go? Is the tour really as long as they say it is? lol
And if the tour is as long as they say it is did any girls bring shoes to change into or did they suffer a 2 hour walking tour in heels?

Someone was telling me that for the secondary essay we should explain how we best fit into the school. But to me it looks like it's clearly asking why did you choose to apply to UB? any comments on this?

Someone was telling me that for the secondary essay we should explain how we best fit into the school. But to me it looks like it's clearly asking why did you choose to apply to UB? any comments on this?

Well you are probably applying because you fit the school well in terms of mission, opportunity, etc.

Current student here!

Interview is with two people, both of which give you a score. If both scores are very different, you get a third interview. This is very rare from what I heard. The interviewers are super nice, and it’s a very conversational interview. My biggest tip would be to know your application inside out; they tend to only focus on your activities/personal statement. There are some ethics questions they mix in. They also cannot see your GPA/MCAT, so they base their decision only on the interview and the rest of your application. Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hopefully we start to see some more IIs soon

When paying the secondary fee is the "student person number" your AMCAS id?

Anybody interview here yet? I’m going next week and wanted to see if anybody had info to share

complete early august LM: 66 OOS
That means there is hope for me yet! I also have a low LM and OOS so it's getting close to me. This is one of my top choices

Reactions: 3 users
That means there is hope for me yet! I also have a low LM and OOS so it's getting close to me. This is one of my top choices

Their selection process is random, so you they may Interview you soon or in March?

Their selection process is random, so you they may Interview you soon or in March?
I understand that it's random, but I've noticed a pattern of decreasing LM for OOS and they'll throw in an IS here an there. But I also believe it said rolling random which means it does sort of take into account order in which it was received but they will organize them.

I understand that it's random, but I've noticed a pattern of decreasing LM for OOS and they'll throw in an IS here an there. But I also believe it said rolling random which means it does sort of take into account order in which it was received but they will organize them.

I feel you batman I really wanna commit to this school too. Very close to home, but at the end of the day its out of our hands.

From the email:
It is a random review process.

The time factor has no impact on our decision-making. Our last interview day of the year is scheduled for Wednesday, April 15, 2020. We do not fill our ENTIRE class until after that date.

Best regards.

Mr. James J. Rosso

I feel you batman I really wanna commit to this school too. Very close to home, but at the end of the day its out of our hands.

From the email:
Too many schools to keep track of honestly, probably getting the random rolling thing from one of my others. I'm just waiting patiently for my decisions (as patiently as one can be during this process). Helps I've been through it once before.

• Love