You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Buffalo
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They review randomly anyway. Good luck!I must be insane. I just submitted a (very) last-minute primary because I realized I wouldn't mind going back home to Buffalo for school. We'll see how this goes.![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Anyone heard about IIs lately? Complete 7/31 and still haven't heard...
+1 have you heard from other suny except for downstate and upstate?Anyone heard about IIs lately? Complete 7/31 and still haven't heard...
+1 have you heard from other suny except for downstate and upstate?
Theres only one other left then lol
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Still waiting to hear from Downstate and Stony Brook+1 have you heard from other suny except for downstate and upstate?
I think I failed capser tbh because I've only received ii from non-capser schools. But, I did not get any hold yet from upstate (complete july 31) so 😕Still waiting to hear from Downstate and Stony Brook
achilles0619
Full Member
Did anyone who interviewed in the last 3 weeks remember them saying anything about a timeline for decisions? I don't think they mentioned anything to my group but I saw on SDN last year that they handed out some acceptances and WL on the 15th.
D
deleted971841
From what I understand, Buffalo is notorious for very quick decisions. If you’ve already interviewed you will absolutely get the call/email on the 15th.Did anyone who interviewed in the last 3 weeks remember them saying anything about a timeline for decisions? I don't think they mentioned anything to my group but I saw on SDN last year that they handed out some acceptances and WL on the 15th.
achilles0619
Full Member
Thank you! Cue me even more obsessively refreshing my email next Tuesday hahaFrom what I understand, Buffalo is notorious for very quick decisions. If you’ve already interviewed you will absolutely get the call/email on the 15th.
From my understanding they are super fast with decisions, like 1-2 days post interview, so I’m thinking we will knowDid anyone who interviewed in the last 3 weeks remember them saying anything about a timeline for decisions? I don't think they mentioned anything to my group but I saw on SDN last year that they handed out some acceptances and WL on the 15th.
i feel that hahaha I’m counting down the daysThank you! Cue me even more obsessively refreshing my email next Tuesday haha
D
deleted971841
Buffalo, Buffalo, Buffalo... you have got to stop with the emails, dawg. My blood pressure can’t handle it. You and Rutgers both need to go to your rooms and think about what you’ve done.
Seriously! I would love the opportunity to answer "Why Buffalo?" in an interview! They don't have to tell me 🙂Buffalo, Buffalo, Buffalo... you have got to stop with the emails, dawg. My blood pressure can’t handle it. You and Rutgers both need to go to your rooms and think about what you’ve done.
Does anyone know what that email said? Mine won't load lolSeriously! I would love the opportunity to answer "Why Buffalo?" in an interview! They don't have to tell me 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted834048
PSA: There is an “unsubscribe from graduate school marketing emails” option/link in small text on the bottom of emails.
I used this myself after I got fed up with Bianca, and lo and behold I didn’t get this last email (and the mini heart attack coming with it thinking it’s something about my application)
I used this myself after I got fed up with Bianca, and lo and behold I didn’t get this last email (and the mini heart attack coming with it thinking it’s something about my application)
Accepted
Congrats!!!Accepted
Waitlisted
They strike early.
Waitlisted!
Waitlisted!
Waitlisted as well, let’s hope we get off of it!
DeliriousHedgehog928
Full Member
+1Waitlisted as well, let’s hope we get off of it!
achilles0619
Full Member
Waitlist :/
Just waitlisted as well (LM 71, IS interviewed 9/4).
My only MD II, hoping there is a lot of movement later this cycle.
My only MD II, hoping there is a lot of movement later this cycle.
D
deleted971841
Me too. This sucks.Waitlist :/
Congratulations to the admitted folk and to those that got the W I BELIEVE IN YOU AND I BET YOU WILL ALL MAKE IT FUTURE DOCS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!! 2nd times the charm

+1Waitlisted
SameMe too. This sucks.
ACCEPTED!
In general, a deposit is to hold your spot. I believe to commit to a school, you have to designate that you are going to attend that school within AMCAS and you have until April 30th 2020 to do so.For those accepted, is the deposit just to "accept" your acceptance? By placing that deposit are you committing to the school? Thought I would ask here first before calling the admissions office.
Thanks
Accepted!!! Wasn't expecting that email so soon
LM: 70
LM: 70
+1, recommend not opening 🙁Email from buffalo... didnt open it but stats arent there plus the title is "school decision" so its probably not an interview. GG. ill open it when I prepare myself to be sad.
+1 🙁Email from buffalo... didnt open it but stats arent there plus the title is "school decision" so its probably not an interview. GG. ill open it when I prepare myself to be sad.
Did anyone who interviewed this past Wednesday get a decision the next day? Just trying to gauge if they're following the same pattern as last year.
This is pretty much BS as this point, I'm withdrawing my app. Good luck everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol just unsubscribe from email lists? But ight g you do youThis is pretty much BS as this point, I'm withdrawing my app. Good luck everyone else!
NahLol just unsubscribe from email lists? But ight g you do you
IS, complete 8/3 and still total silence...
IS, complete 8/3 and still total silence...
+1 07/30