MemeLord

Man-Frog, Lord of the Knarly ‘Trip’
Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Case Western Reserve University
Whenever this moves forward in the cycle, I would love to hear more from a current member of the College program for feedback on differences to the university route and competitiveness!

Reactions: EmbryonalCarcinoma
Feb 26, 2019
Whenever this moves forward in the cycle, I would love to hear more from a current member of the College program for feedback on differences to the university route and competitiveness!
I believe the numbers are on their website! But I’m also curious to hear about CCLCM.

MemeLord

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I believe the numbers are on their website! But I’m also curious to hear about CCLCM.
I couldn’t find average stats for CCLCM. Granted, I am not internet fluent.

MemeLord

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I couldn’t find average stats for CCLCM. Granted, I am not internet fluent.
Although for programs like that stats are really a threshold sort of thing and extracurriculars are what gets you in

Last edited:

MemeLord

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
oh wow! Case offers a lot of interviews! And I’m surprised only 1000 students apply to their college program when 5000 apply to their university program. That’s really interesting to me. Although it is kind of nice to see that if you apply to the university program or the college program your chances of getting into either one are about the same Percentage. Do you have any idea if you can interview at them both? Or by applying to the college program do you take yourself out of the running for the university program?

Feb 26, 2019
oh wow! Case offers a lot of interviews! And I’m surprised only 1000 students apply to their college program when 5000 apply to their university program. That’s really interesting to me. Although it is kind of nice to see that if you apply to the university program or the college program your chances of getting into either one are about the same Percentage. Do you have any idea if you can interview at them both? Or by applying to the college program do you take yourself out of the running for the university program?
I looked at old threads and you can potentially interview for both.

Reactions: MemeLord

Phoebus Apollo

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Not a Case student. But you can interview for both. Also, there might be so few College applicants because they have approximately 5 billion secondary essays to write.

Hyperbole aside, I think you need to write around 5 additional essays for Case. It’s kinda prohibitive from someone just throwing an app in. That secondary took me forever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MemeLord

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Not a Case student. But you can interview for both. Also, there might be so few College applicants because they have approximately 5 billion secondary essays to write.

Hyperbole aside, I think you need to write around 5 additional essays for Case. It’s kinda prohibitive from someone just throwing an app in. That secondary took me forever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Goootcha. Hey, long secondary means nothing to me. My full time profession for July will be writer of essays.

Feb 26, 2019
Fortunately, I've already prewritten this secondary because I'm doing them alphabetically. It doesn't change much year to year and none of the questions were particularly difficult to answer!

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm a recent Case graduate actually from the med school for a MS in Medical Physiology and the building I was in for classes is no longer the med school lol :1LOL: . So if I get to interview at Case it will literally be a new experience for me since I haven't seen the new campus near Cleveland Clinic:cat:

seeinghowitgoes

5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Not to be a party pooper, but CCLCM acceptance rate is lower than Case’s (it’s ~2000 applications, not 1000 -ultimate acceptance rate likely 3-4% assuming 50% yield).

That said, lots of reasons people, including super qualified people, don’t apply to CCLCM. First and foremost it’s 5 years, second it is designed for people who want to be physician researchers, third there are still students who are unaware of the program, there are so many darn secondary essays, etc.

You can definitely apply to both, as others have said. They used to have pretty distinct feels but not that they’re moving to the same building (I’ve seen it - it’s incredible, like with interviewing at either program just to see the architecture) I imagine the cultures will meld a bit. I have friends who got into cclcm and not case, case but not cclcm, and both, so no hard and fast rule on that front.

MemeLord

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Not to be a party pooper, but CCLCM acceptance rate is lower than Case’s (it’s ~2000 applications, not 1000 -ultimate acceptance rate likely 3-4% assuming 50% yield).

That said, lots of reasons people, including super qualified people, don’t apply to CCLCM. First and foremost it’s 5 years, second it is designed for people who want to be physician researchers, third there are still students who are unaware of the program, there are so many darn secondary essays, etc.

You can definitely apply to both, as others have said. They used to have pretty distinct feels but not that they’re moving to the same building (I’ve seen it - it’s incredible, like with interviewing at either program just to see the architecture) I imagine the cultures will meld a bit. I have friends who got into cclcm and not case, case but not cclcm, and both, so no hard and fast rule on that front.
Even still, 3%-4% is around the average acceptance rate for most medical schools. I can totally dig that as a potential option (Especially understanding I am likely in the top 3-4% of applicants)