2019-2020 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
More essays for something that I believe I have a minimal chances at lol
Basically this. I am applying to 35+ schools and just don't feel it's necessary to put in that much work to get into this as it's a reach for me to begin with.

Members don't see this ad.

Bout to do this headshot - I own a grey suit jacket, a white shirt, a pink tie and a black tie.

What do y’all think, black tie probs?
I would go black tie. I wore a grey suit to an interview and though I was only one that did I couldn't help but wonder if grey was too "out there".

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go black tie. I wore a grey suit to an interview and though I was only one that did I couldn't help but wonder if grey was too "out there".
Grey is literally all I own right now from my 2nd anniversary lol Gotta go get a non-macy’s Cheap suit.

Black on grey good? Sorry, never worn a suit for professional anything so...

Attachments

• A1E331DE-E4EE-4687-A77C-8D2085FAF373.jpeg
    A1E331DE-E4EE-4687-A77C-8D2085FAF373.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: 1 users
Bout to do this headshot - I own a grey suit jacket, a white shirt, a pink tie and a black tie.

I vote black tie, but I'm biased.

Reactions: 1 user
Essay: Additional Information (Optional)
Is there any further information that you wish to share with the Admissions Committee? This optional response will only be considered by the University Program.

Required Essay: Greatest Challenge
The admissions committee is interested in gaining more insight into you as a person. Please describe a significant personal challenge you have faced, one which you feel has helped to shape you as a person. Examples may include a moral or ethical dilemma, a situation of personal adversity, or a hurdle in your life that you worked hard to overcome. Please include how you got through the experience and what you learned about yourself as a result. Please limit your response to 1 page (about 3,500 characters), and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

Required Essay: Research
Please describe the hypothesis of your research, why the methods were selected to answer that hypothesis, your results and interpretation of your results with respect to future findings. In addition, please briefly share your motivation for pursuing this research project and reflect on how this experience affected you. If you have not participated in research or scholarly work, please indicate so in the text area below.

Required Essay: Small Group Essay
If you were working on a small group project and you thought that another student wasn't carrying his/her load, how would you handle it?
Please limit your response to 300-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

Required for College Program: Areas of Improvement Essay
Each year our students target for themselves areas of improvement. Other than the acquisition of new knowledge, what personal area do you think you have that could use strengthening? Design a plan as to how you could improve it.
Please limit your response to 500-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

Required for College Program: Criticism and Feedback Essay
Tell us about a time when you received unexpected criticism or negative feedback. How did you react? What did you do?
Please limit your response to 500-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs.

Required for College Program: Career Essay
How do you see your career ten years from now?

Required for College Program: Teaching Essay
When were you challenged to teach, coach, or mentor others to learn a new skill or improve an old one? Please describe how it went and what you learned from the experience.

Essay: Gap Year
Did you take a gap year?

If you are taking time off between college graduation and medical school matriculation, please tell us in no more than four sentences what you are doing during this gap, and why.

Please upload a picture of yourself. The picture is NOT required, but will help us to remember you. Please note that if your uploaded picture looks sideways to you, it will to us too! We can't make changes to your photo on our end after you have uploaded and submitted your application.
If you choose to not upload a photo click the 'Skip' button below to complete the page.

@PapaGuava

oh balls... i didn't even see the college program prompts :dead:

Bruh I just put on a polo shirt haha

Reactions: 1 users
Bruh I just put on a polo shirt haha
But see. I literally only own polos, my army tan shirts, and the free shirts they give out at the campus square and events lol Since I wear polos on a daily basis, got a put on that suit jacket just to feel fancy.

throw in a biceps shot just for good measure
Nah, no biceps...but my calves ARE godly though...lol

But enough of the fashion advice, we already have a thread for being conceited:

Members don't see this ad :)

I did blue shirt with purple tie... no jacket :shrug:

For the additional information essay, are you all using it to say why Case, or are is that more for something else?

For the additional information essay, are you all using it to say why Case, or are is that more for something else?
If you are doing the CCLCM, there are more than enough essays to cover basically everything....If you are doing university, diversity might fit in there well.

If you are doing the CCLCM, there are more than enough essays to cover basically everything....If you are doing university, diversity might fit in there well.
Maybe adversity if it is different than you challenge essay.

Marked complete immediately upon submission. If you are applying both college and university, expect like 6 emails saying they got it, you are complete, and you paid.

Reactions: 3 users
I was hoping if a CCLM or Case Western student could chime in on this question I have about the nature of the relationship between CCLM and Case:

If you are in CCLM but decide you don't want to spend 5 years in med school can you just join Case Western's University program and drop out of the college program at CCLM? I have a feeling the answer to this is no for a lot of reasons but I haven't really seen this spelled out online.

What is the nature of the relationship between case and CCLM? Do the students from the two schools interact? Are the places they study even near each other?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these questions!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else's headshot sideways and you don't know how to fix it?

• Haha
I was hoping if a CCLM or Case Western student could chime in on this question I have about the nature of the relationship between CCLM and Case:

If you are in CCLM but decide you don't want to spend 5 years in med school can you just join Case Western's University program and drop out of the college program at CCLM? I have a feeling the answer to this is no for a lot of reasons but I haven't really seen this spelled out online.

What is the nature of the relationship between case and CCLM? Do the students from the two schools interact? Are the places they study even near each other?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these questions!!!

Not a case student, but from what I’ve heard, they’re moving into the same building

What is the College Program? If Im applying straight MD, do i do those?
The college program is a research oriented, free tuition + stipend, 5-year long, MD only, highly selective program that accepts 32 students every year with the idea of producing ‘physician innovators.’

Awesome. do you think applying for both decreases your chance to get through for straight-MD?
At least when I asked last year's forums, it looks like you are evaluated separately by each program as they have different requirements and different expectations.

Do you think it would be beneficial to answer the additional information essay? I just don't want to be too redundant

Yes dude is gender neutral lol
Also it was a joke, I guess my humor does not translate across the internet

Yes dude is gender neutral lol
Also it was a joke, I guess my humor does not translate across the internet
I understand it as a joke. But now I am wondering 'why so serious?' #heathledgerbestjoker

Anyone else's headshot sideways and you don't know how to fix it?

I fixed this by cropping my photo to make it a little smaller. There might be some maximum height value for the image that the site can't process.

For optional research essay for the University Program, how long do you think is reasonable? I have an academic year and summer break project to discuss and I feel like they are asking for a lot of information about each experience. Is ~3500 characters like the greatest challenge essay acceptable? Or should I try to get it to be shorter because I'm not applying for the College Program?

For optional research essay for the University Program, how long do you think is reasonable? I have an academic year and summer break project to discuss and I feel like they are asking for a lot of information about each experience. Is ~3500 characters like the greatest challenge essay acceptable? Or should I try to get it to be shorter because I'm not applying for the College Program?
That was my most long essay. i wrote like 650 word and had to cut down to ~500

Had to do the same - initial was like 4500 characters, had to cut out A LOT of specifics, unfortunately.
i wonder if case thinks describing "intro/methods/results/discussion/why you like research/what u got from it" in500 words or less is easy

i wonder if case thinks describing "intro/methods/results/discussion/why you like research/what u got from it" in500 words or less is easy

I have three pretty extensive research projects and it was a real joy trying to fit all of those into 500 words. I am also applying to CCLCM.

I literally Copypasta'd my entire poster (Except for the results/diagrams - discussion was sufficient) then chunked it all down until it was at <3500 characters, thn went through and made it more coherent.

I have three pretty extensive research projects and it was a real joy trying to fit all of those into 500 words. I am also applying to CCLCM.
h, joy. I think on last year's thread it looked like people did both many projects or one project. I have 2 fairly extensive projects, but just went with one because it is easier to write out lol

Try summarizing a whole PhD dissertation lol I basically just used my abstract and then answered their other questions.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users