2019-2020 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ditto, silence. Wish there was more movement on this thread like past threads. Most of the acceptees for this program are prob lurking or not on SDN at all :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if a rejection from Prime-LA has any effect on CDU/UCLA admission decision?

I doubt anyone knows, but I thought I'd ask.

Also, I interviewed in October at CDU and didn't hear anything until about 2 weeks ago when I got the email about them still waiting to make a decision on my application.

Does anyone know if a rejection from Prime-LA has any effect on CDU/UCLA admission decision?

I doubt anyone knows, but I thought I'd ask.

Also, I interviewed in October at CDU and didn't hear anything until about 2 weeks ago when I got the email about them still waiting to make a decision on my application.
I don't know for sure (only adcoms know 100%), but I highly doubt one program's decision will affect the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? Expecting movement these next 2-4 weeks

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? Expecting movement these next 2-4 weeks
Pretty sure there has been already, but probably only one at a time. Source: a friend who told me his friend got in last month

Class was already full since February based on earlier posts, so anyone who has posted after that got in after a person dropped... since drew only accepts exactly the same amount of people as spots, unlike other schools which accept twice the amount of spots. Also echoing @alwayseating, most peeps probably aren't posting on SDN even if there is more movement than we perceive.

Pretty sure there has been already, but probably only one at a time. Source: a friend who told me his friend got in last month

Class was already full since February based on earlier posts, so anyone who has posted after that got in after a person dropped... since drew only accepts exactly the same amount of people as spots, unlike other schools which accept twice the amount of spots. Also echoing @alwayseating, most peeps probably aren't posting on SDN even if there is more movement than we perceive.
Yeah I agree. I’m pretty sure people just haven’t posted to SDN. I feel like a bulk of the movement will come closer to April 30 when everyone narrows down to one school. Good luck to all! We got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the waitlist!:soexcited:
Interviewed 11/16
Congrats! Did you actually get one of those official "accept your waitlist position" emails or did you receive the "we are still deliberating your application" emails from earlier this month?

Congrats! Did you actually get one of those official "accept your waitlist position" emails or did you receive the "we are still deliberating your application" emails from earlier this month?
got the “accept your waitlist position” email

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else still not received any post-interview communication from the admissions office? I interviewed in December and have heard nothing since then, I've emailed & called and haven't been able to get through to anyone in the office

Has anyone else still not received any post-interview communication from the admissions office? I interviewed in December and have heard nothing since then, I've emailed & called and haven't been able to get through to anyone in the office
Dude me. No post-interview communication still- no waitlist email or decision pending email :( I'm glad I'm not the only one. But holy crap congrats on your 19 interviews

Dude me. No post-interview communication still- no waitlist email or decision pending email :( I'm glad I'm not the only one. But holy crap congrats on your 19 interviews
Thanks! Wow yeah I wonder what’s going on since they told us we’d hear back in January/February. I mean I get that they’ve extended their acceptances already and by default everyone else is waitlisted at this point, but it’d be nice to hear that directly from them

Thanks! Wow yeah I wonder what’s going on since they told us we’d hear back in January/February. I mean I get that they’ve extended their acceptances already and by default everyone else is waitlisted at this point, but it’d be nice to hear that directly from them
Totally agree. It seems that there are at least a handful of people here who haven’t heard anything at all also. I would also think that if they really only interviewed around 150 people and interviews stopped in December that communication would have been relatively quick... :bored: I get everyone may be working from home now which may cause a delay but still... mannn it’s frustrating

At this point even with the we haven't forgotten you email I'm probably gonna withdraw my app and commit to enroll at one of my other acceptances.

At this point even with the we haven't forgotten you email I'm probably gonna withdraw my app and commit to enroll at one of my other acceptances.
Wow, such an early CTE date for that school? Best of luck!

Did you email admissions or just use the UCLA portal? Also withdrew using the portal, but I still see the option on the CYM tool so wasn’t sure if I should’ve emailed.

I emailed admissions! And changed my status on the UCLA portal!!!

Did anyone get accepted today? Previous threads show that April 30 - May 2 is usually when a lot of WL movement begins.

oh my gosshhhhh congrats! what number do they call from and is it from the admissions dean? I'm anxious lol :/
I was checking my phone all day! But never got a call, just an email to check their decision in the portal. It also shows them as an option for choose your medical school. The email was sent around 7:30est! Good luck! Keep the faith! You got it seriously!!!

Interesting, so some people get calls, and some don't..... Keeping the faith but it's definitely hard

On another note, seems like December interviewees aren't getting any love :(

Update: Just got the call now! 323 area code! Be on the look out for it guys!

• Love
I was checking my phone all day! But never got a call, just an email to check their decision in the portal. It also shows them as an option for choose your medical school. The email was sent around 7:30est! Good luck! Keep the faith! You got it seriously!!!
What UCLA portal are you referring to?

For those accepted, how long did it take to receive financial aid package?

At this point, we are approaching mid-May and I still have not heard a single peep nearly half a year post-interview. It seems no one answers the Medadmissions email, and I don’t know if phone calls are getting through with people working from home. I am almost certain the waitlist is moving, unbeknownst to this forum. The FB c/o 2024 group has been increasing in number (I know it’s not an accurate representation because past and current students could be in the group, people who decided to go elsewhere could be still in the group, but what else can I really go off of?). I’m really starting to give up hope because it’s kinda frustrating to be in this position. It’s annoying to be left in the dark, and I feel like a clown for getting my hopes up. Thanks for reading y’all :meh:

At this point, we are approaching mid-May and I still have not heard a single peep nearly half a year post-interview. It seems no one answers the Medadmissions email, and I don’t know if phone calls are getting through with people working from home. I am almost certain the waitlist is moving, unbeknownst to this forum. The FB c/o 2024 group has been increasing in number (I know it’s not an accurate representation because past and current students could be in the group, people who decided to go elsewhere could be still in the group, but what else can I really go off of?). I’m really starting to give up hope because it’s kinda frustrating to be in this position. It’s annoying to be left in the dark, and I feel like a clown for getting my hopes up. Thanks for reading y’all :meh:
I feel you...

Is this the same group as the main UCLA (Geffen) FB group? If so, would anyone like to share how many people are currently in it?

Is this the same group as the main UCLA (Geffen) FB group? If so, would anyone like to share how many people are currently in it?
It’s searchable on FB but can’t see who’s in the groups because you have to request to be in them based on acceptance. Both groups have separate FB groups. The UCLA DGSOM class of 2024 group has 368 total members so far, +7 in the last week. The Drew/UCLA class of 2024 has 54 total members, +7 in the last week. All I did was search for the groups in FB and the information is there, haha I didn’t have to do too much detective work/that’s the extent of the neuroticism I am letting myself experience lol, but if anyone knows anything more, it would greatly help those of us who are left in the dark :)

yeah same boat. Withdrew today.

Would like to contribute to the dialogue-

In the 2017-2018 thread there was movement into late May. In the 2018-2019 thread there was more movement only in early May, albeit a small sample size for both.

Since the 2018 cycle had different traffic rules from the 2019 and 2020 cycle, would anticipating late May movement based on the 2018 cycle be pretty much futile? Idk how the previous traffic rules were. What do you guys think?

Just wanted to keep the convo going in a time of anxiety and uncertainty. I know this could all very well be just speculation but I hope that we could continue to support one another, accepted here or not. Good luck and God bless!

Did anyone from the office respond?
Nah they are hot garbage. Just chucking my losses to a $100 fiesta lunch.

best of luck to everyone else

for reference every other school I withdrew from got back to me in less than an hour.

Nah they are hot garbage. Just chucking my losses to a $100 fiesta lunch.

best of luck to everyone else

for reference every other school I withdrew from got back to me in less than an hour.
Smh... I sent my first update in January and followed up about the status of my app a few weeks ago, because I still haven’t received any emails at all since my interview, only to be told that whatever updates I had sent had not been added to my file yet -_-

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Could someone tell me when is the CTE date? I would like to know when to give up on Drew-UCLA and finalize housing for my other school.

Has anyone heard from admissions recently? They still haven’t confirmed my withdrawal, so there’s no way to know if I’m in compliance.