You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Colorado
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone! When can we expect to hear back with information about student hosts? The week of interview??
I heard back about a week before.
I heard back about a week before.
Yup, just got it last night 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations on the dress code for the social the night before? They say informal, but what do most people wear?
It truly was informal! I had just driven 12 hours so I was in leggings and a long-sleeve shirt, and then there were people (applicants) in more going-out type clothes. The current med students generally wore jeans + fleece jackets. Despite my wearing leggings I didn't feel out of place or judged (who knows, maybe they were haha)Any recommendations on the dress code for the social the night before? They say informal, but what do most people wear?
gimmeinterwu
Full Member
Does Colorado send pre-ii rejections? Thanks! Couldn’t find anything.
KingInTheNorth24
Full Member
Nope. Hopefully we will this weekAnyone from 10/4 heard back?
My advisor said that CU traditionally sends a lot more IS offers after break. Anecdotal evidence from CU students, but seems legit.Sooooo is CU going to send out anymore IS II or nah?
Both, but he seemed to be talking about winter break. Said lots of good in-state kids were getting invites for the final interview dates.After thanksgiving or winter break?
dang I was hoping 10/18 would hear back this week but I guess they're behind..Anyone from 10/4 heard back?
NopeDoes Colorado accept updates? I was complete 8/8 and have not heard anything back.
Does anyone know if CU accepts more people on earlier interviews to fill the class sooner or if our chances are generally equal throughout the cycle?
themightychondrion
Full Member
Does anyone know if CU accepts more people on earlier interviews to fill the class sooner or if our chances are generally equal throughout the cycle?
In general, getting an acceptance becomes more difficult the later it gets into the cycle for schools with rolling admissions. Less spots left = more competitive
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unlike the previous years, schools have become less rolling. Meaning they are holding many of the acceptances to the later part of the cycle.In general, getting an acceptance becomes more difficult the later it gets into the cycle for schools with rolling admissions. Less spots left = more competitive
themightychondrion
Full Member
Unlike the previous years, schools have become less rolling. Meaning they are holding many of the acceptances to the later part of the cycle.
Where did you find that information?
No official information. Per LizzyM and gonnif in the thread 4IIs and 4 wls which started couple of days ago.Where did you find that information?
themightychondrion
Full Member
Last edited:
Do they typically send out acceptances per interview date or do it in chunks?Still haven't heard anything 🙁
benlucero123
Full Member
Has anyone with recent a recent II know the dates that were available?
I think it's chunks, it sounds like the September people all heard back around the same time.Do they typically send out acceptances per interview date or do it in chunks?
Last edited:
That may have something to do with not being able to offer acceptances until Oct 15th, however it could still hold true for October intervieweesI think it's chunks, it sounds like the September people all heard back around the same time.
Post interview?R from their MSTP program last night (complete 8/16) 🙁 Hopefully the MD program will consider me! Crossing my fingers!
No, pre interview!Post interview?
any recent II’s?
So 10/4?Accepted via phone call! Interviewed early October. So excited!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KingInTheNorth24
Full Member
Accepted via phone call! Interviewed early October. So excited!!!
Just got the call as well! 10/4
KingInTheNorth24
Full Member
Now to start obsessively checking my portal...
My portal still looks the same as before
D
deleted894256
Just got the call as well! 10/4
+1! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] anyone know any jobs you can get with premed experiences that pay 400k in 6 months?? Lmao
Yeah, I was hoping there'd be an update of some kind so I knew whether I got in or not. I didn't interview until 10/18, so I know the decision is coming soon! I hate waiting for the phone to ring... or not.My portal still looks the same as before
was there an interview date between 10/4 and 10/18??
D
deleted894256
was there an interview date between 10/4 and 10/18??
I don’t think so—typically they have 2 interview days per month [emoji846]
Accepted via phone call! Interviewed early October. So excited!!!
Just got the call as well! 10/4
+1! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] anyone know any jobs you can get with premed experiences that pay 400k in 6 months?? Lmao
Congrats!!! For those who were accepted, how did you feel about your interview? Like, did you walk out feeling like you crushed it or was it up in the air?
D
deleted894256
Congrats!!! For those who were accepted, how did you feel about your interview? Like, did you walk out feeling like you crushed it or was it up in the air?
I was absolutely convinced I bombed it. Was an incredibly nervous mumbling mess during my individual interview.
GiveMeThatMDplz
Full Member
Congrats to those that got accepted! OOS/IS, Stats, etc? And any 10/4 interviewees still waiting?
Congrats to those that got accepted! OOS/IS, Stats, etc? And any 10/4 interviewees still waiting?
I'm 10/4, still waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
sciencegodpod
Full Member
i really am curious what they are looking for since it seems like they have passed over lots of qualified, in-state applicants 😵
i really am curious what they are looking for since it seems like they have passed over lots of qualified, in-state applicants 😵
Maybe the need the money from the OOS students lol (100k per year)
Congrats!!! For those who were accepted, how did you feel about your interview? Like, did you walk out feeling like you crushed it or was it up in the air?
The group interview was completely up in the air, I had never done one and wasn't sure at all if I hit the correct notes. I did think that I bonded well with my interviewers for the individual interview though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you all recommend sending thank you notes post-interview? If so, what email did you send them to?
iwannabadocta
Full Member
I can't seem to find anything about whether or not CUSOM accepts app updates. Does anyone know for sure? I am OOS with no ties but really am interested in this school, so I definitely don't want to be overlooked! Also, does CUSOM yield protect?
I was absolutely convinced I bombed it. Was an incredibly nervous mumbling mess during my individual interview.
Accepted, interviewed on 10/4, LM 64.5.
Thought I bombed my interview but I fell in l o v e with this school on interview day. To everyone who’s interviewed and still waiting, I’m wishing you all good luck!
The group interview was completely up in the air, I had never done one and wasn't sure at all if I hit the correct notes. I did think that I bonded well with my interviewers for the individual interview though
That's good to hear I'm not the only one! I felt that about the group interview and activity. All three of us walked out thinking that we each had performed equally well and were unsure of how they were gonna differentiate between us. Did any of you send thank you notes?
D
deleted894256
That's good to hear I'm not the only one! I felt that about the group interview and activity. All three of us walked out thinking that we each had performed equally well and were unsure of how they were gonna differentiate between us. Did any of you send thank you notes?
I didn’t send thank you notes, but I know of accepted people who did. I think they told us during interview day to send them to [email protected] and the admissions staff forward them to the correct people.
sciencegodpod
Full Member
Maybe the need the money from the OOS students lol (100k per year)
You may be onto something there....
I can't seem to find anything about whether or not CUSOM accepts app updates. Does anyone know for sure? I am OOS with no ties but really am interested in this school, so I definitely don't want to be overlooked! Also, does CUSOM yield protect?
They definitely don't accept updates. Believe me, I've tried