2019-2020 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 09/13, deferred 10/15...still waiting. It’s hard

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my interview

Anyone from 11/4 hear back?

I have not, and based on last year’s thread we probably won’t hear back until the week after New Years, as the adcom is likely off of work for the holidays.

I feel you though I’m dying to hear back. Good luck and hope we both hear good news!

I'm debating about sending in an update letter but was going to wait until I hear back - basically only send it in if I get deferred. Any thoughts as to if I send it in before or after? I interviewed 11/4

I'm debating about sending in an update letter but was going to wait until I hear back - basically only send it in if I get deferred. Any thoughts as to if I send it in before or after? I interviewed 11/4
I would said to send in an update letter until you hear back.

Apologies but your wording confused me. Send in a letter before receiving a decision? Or wait until after I have received a decision.
Haha sorry watching a movie that came out confusing. I would send in a letter after you have received a decision unless you have something to send before.

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be worth interviewing on the 31st vs the 10th of January if I could save $150 on my flight?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be worth interviewing on the 31st vs the 10th of January if I could save $150 on my flight?
All I’m saying is that’s 150 McChickens

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning!

Reactions: 2 users
Join the fb group when accepted! Good luck next week :)

Interviewed 11/6 and still waiting. Fingers crossed this is the week for a decision.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone from an early November interview reached out to the admissions office about a timeline? I have a deposit due this week and was expecting to hear from this school before I had to make a decision

I interviewed here on 11/15, and I'm hoping I'll hear back in the next week. Good luck to everyone else who applied and interviewed!

Has anyone from an early November interview reached out to the admissions office about a timeline? I have a deposit due this week and was expecting to hear from this school before I had to make a decision
I haven't reached out to the admissions office, but going off of last year's thread it doesn't look like we're likely to get any news this week. The first acceptances last year after the break were on 1/16.

Interviewed here this past Monday. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, and I enjoyed the process thoroughly.

Reactions: 2 users
Does this school accept updates? Submitted back in June and haven't heard anything from them.

For those who recently received II's-- what dates are being offered currently? Trying to get an idea of how many interview seats are still remaining for this school.

Wow, thanks. Surprised that there are so many slots left still.
sorry - I should mention that I was accepted back in October. I'm just showing the dates that they have interviews being held. I'm not sure which dates are full vs not. IIRC there were around 16 people on the interview day?

sorry - I should mention that I was accepted back in October. I'm just showing the dates that they have interviews being held. I'm not sure which dates are full vs not. IIRC there were around 16 people on the interview day?
Yeah! During my interview there were around 15-16 interviewees.

Rejected pre-II (OOS). Complete mid-July. Never appreciate programs that feel the need to push their post-bacc or SMP programs on rejects.

• Sad
For those waiting for a decision, has anyone had any sort of message after the "Interview Confirmation" message through their communication status on the portal?

For those waiting for a decision, has anyone had any sort of message after the "Interview Confirmation" message through their communication status on the portal?
The only message I received after the "Interview Confirmation" message was another message just providing a friendly reminder about the upcoming interview.

II, completed in late July (dates available all through Feb)

Do I email the admissions office with my update or is there somewhere on the portal?

Do I email the admissions office with my update or is there somewhere on the portal?
I believe there is no place on the portal so you would have to email it to the admissions office and they’ll confirm receipt of the update!

According to last year's forum, today was the day that the early November interviews received decisions. Good luck everybody! I hope our wait is over.

• Wow
According to last year's forum, today was the day that the early November interviews received decisions. Good luck everybody! I hope our wait is over.

Thanks for jinxing it bruh

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
II today complete 6/30. i will be withdrawing but the dates available extended to late February. :)

Reactions: 4 users