2019-2020 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So is it really a "thing" to not get a confirmation email following 2° submission? August 21st is right around the corner so...

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know how to submit an update to our application? I don't see a link anywhere on the portal, but I don't know if I should email admissions with my updates

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know how to submit an update to our application? I don't see a link anywhere on the portal, but I don't know if I should email admissions with my updates
what do you want to update? i have a fifth authored abstract presentation got accepted and it is available online, im not sure if i should update this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to me. I emailed them on Thursday but they haven’t responded yet :(

Have you heard anything yet? I emailed them last Friday and have yet to hear back either. I'm pretty nervous about it!

Complete 8/27/19. Sent as a reply to an old email I sent them about 2 weeks ago.

for those who don't get the complete email, I emailed the school with my FAP confirmation and they replied me said no further action I needed to take. I assumed it means the file is completed

What did you use for FAP confirmation?

Hoping we see II's flying out of UConn on this thread soon! I looked at a few old UConn threads and they seem to always start sending those out right before or after Labor Day weekend.

Reactions: 3 users
I paid the secondary fee July 16th and just got refunded that fee. Did that happen to anyone else?
Same thing happened to me. I emailed them on Thursday but they haven’t responded yet :(
+1! I paid the fee on 8/1 but they refunded it to me two days ago. Not sure if this is preceding a rejection or what lol. Did you end up getting a response from them when you emailed?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
+1! I paid the fee on 8/1 but they refunded it to me two days ago. Not sure if this is preceding a rejection or what lol. Did you end up getting a response from them when you emailed?
Did you see the reason for the refund? It's because they didn't set up their paypal account....

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!

Mine is for 5 days from now... Anyone know if this happened last year?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II!!

Mine is for 5 days from now... Anyone know if this happened last year?
I checked last year, looks like they did the same thing. Super weird. Also looks like they started sending acceptances right around the middle of October, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

Good lord 5 days notice?!?! I hope if i do get an II here, its not until atleast October lol

Reactions: 3 users
Im surprised that it is taking this long to send the first wave of IIs. Even though a few have said they received interviews, I feel as if the first real wave hasn’t come out yet.

Im surprised that it is taking this long to send the first wave of IIs. Even though a few have said they received interviews, I feel as if the first real wave hasn’t come out yet.
I feel the same way. In previous years there seemed to be a "wave" either right before or right after Labor Day weekend. UConn is one of my top choices so I'm still really looking forward to a chance to be a student there!

IS, haven't heard anything. Went complete in late August.

IS, haven't heard anything. Went complete in late August.
Same here except I was complete in mid-July. Based on SDN threads alone, they seem much much slower this year than the previous two years. :(

Reactions: 2 users
Same here except I was complete in mid-July. Based on SDN threads alone, they seem much much slower this year than the previous two years. :(

according to MSAR they interview almost half of in-state and I think they accept probably 70% out of the interviewed... What are your stats?

Anyone ever get a complete email from UCONN (besides those who were told they were complete as a reply to some admissions inquiry)?

Anyone ever get a complete email from UCONN (besides those who were told they were complete as a reply to some admissions inquiry)?
They don’t do that. You have to call to confirm with them.

They don’t do that. You have to call to confirm with them.
As in, every applicant should be calling them to confirm? Or just that they don't send complete emails, so if you really want to know, you should call?

As in, every applicant should be calling them to confirm? Or just that they don't send complete emails, so if you really want to know, you should call?

If you want to make sure you are complete, you should call them. They don’t send out complete emails.

You can email them as well to make sure you're complete. That's what I did and they emailed back saying that my 2ndary and payment were successfully submitted

Did anyone accidentally miss the deadline for the secondary application? I feel really stupid, but I fell behind on secondaries due to work and a little bit of procrastination, and I had no idea that there was a deadline. I was all ready to submit my secondary, and I went on the site to be welcomed by a banner saying that the deadline was about 1 month ago. Do you think I should send them an email saying how much I had really liked the school and ask them to reconsider? I thought it may show that I'm really interested. Either that, or they could think I'm irresponsible. Worth a shot at least right? I'm an OOS student, but my sister goes to the school, so I have some ties there.

I know a friend from the previous cycle (IS) who did not complete their secondary for 1 month+ and received an II in December/January and is now attending, so it's not a hard set deadline. Considering that they haven't even sent out the first wave of IIs this year whereas in previous cycles it was first week of September, I think you'd still be okay to just submit.

It's kind of too late as of now, but after applying I saw that the UConn MSAR page says the oldest MCAT scores they look at are by June 2019. Which doesn't make any sense. This a typo/mistake on the MSAR page?

Is UConn going really slow this cycle? There is barely any action on here

Reactions: 2 users
a41.png

Reactions: 4 users
yeah, what the hell is going on with UConn?? I am aiming for a grand slam in the great state of CT!!

Anyone who has attended an interview, what was it like? I'm a woman and wondering if I should bring flats for walking around? Please help :)

ugh.. I just want to get that II since it's supposed to be the easiest for me lol.

II......BUTTTTTT
They asked if I could to October 4th, this Friday morning... They said sorry for the short notice and if I'd be able to take it, so I'm sure after writing back, that they'll offer a more reasonable date available

• Wow
II......BUTTTTTT
They asked if I could to October 4th, this Friday morning... They said sorry for the short notice and if I'd be able to take it, so I'm sure after writing back, that they'll offer a more reasonable date available
Whoa that's some incredibly short notice. Congrats though!

To everyone else, does the UConn School of Medicine always do this? Basically surprise interviews? If so, good thing most of their applicants are IS in a tiny state.

Whoa that's some incredibly short notice. Congrats though!

To everyone else, does the UConn School of Medicine always do this? Basically surprise interviews? If so, good thing most of their applicants are IS in a tiny state.
Not that I know of. Last year they gave me like a month notice in advance. I'm technically IS, but I'm working in Indiana for research for my gap year. So my guess was they just saw I was IS and thought I could make a short notice trip.

I was able to change my super-duper short notice 10/4 II to a much more reasonable 11/4 II date! IS and a re-applicant (interviewed/waitlisted there last year as well)