2019-2020 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Whoa that's some incredibly short notice. Congrats though!

To everyone else, does the UConn School of Medicine always do this? Basically surprise interviews? If so, good thing most of their applicants are IS in a tiny state.
I also got this kind of II invite, but they were pretty appreciative of me making it work. I feel like since it's true rolling admissions its worth trying to take that first II if you can.

Does anyone know if UConn is receptive to in the area emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after your interview invite did the admissions officer respond back to your email regarding if you are able to attend the assigned interview date? I received an II Monday and haven’t heard back since.

How long after your interview invite did the admissions officer respond back to your email regarding if you are able to attend the assigned interview date? I received an II Monday and haven’t heard back since.
Seems like a good reason to call the admissions office!

For me it was the next morning

I got in ED on the 1st. Feel free to ask any questions

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
How was the interview? Any tips/things to look out for?
UConn's interviews are super easy. Two one hour conversations with doctor then student (MS2 for early interview dates then MS1 for later). Be relaxed but confident and don't overprepare

UConn's interviews are super easy. Two one hour conversations with doctor then student (MS2 for early interview dates then MS1 for later). Be relaxed but confident and don't overprepare
What would you consider being overprepared? This is my first interview if that gives this question any frame of reference.

Members don't see this ad :)
What would you consider being overprepared? This is my first interview if that gives this question any frame of reference.
Obviously know what's on your primary and secondary and maybe brush up on some ethics questions or some SDH (will almost definitely not even ask about that though). The dean goes over the programs and what makes UConn different before the interviews and you'll have plenty of time to generate questions to ask then.

The interviewers have already read your entire app. Don't focus on the what but the how/why, let the conversation flow organically and you'll be surprised how fast an hour goes by

Obviously know what's on your primary and secondary and maybe brush up on some ethics questions or some SDH (will almost definitely not even ask about that though). The dean goes over the programs and what makes UConn different before the interviews and you'll have plenty of time to generate questions to ask then.

The interviewers have already read your entire app. Don't focus on the what but the how/why, let the conversation flow organically and you'll be surprised how fast an hour goes by
Thanks a lot man. My interview is 10/11, so I appreciate the heads up.

Reactions: 1 users
To anyone who recently interviewed, were you also told "sometime mid to end of October" as to when we'd hear back?

also accepted, did anyone else accept the admissions offer on their portal or get the email to pay the deposit?

Accepted on Friday! Was wondering if any interviewees ever received their most recent match list post interview? I remember they said they'd sent it over to us via email but never did!

Accepted on Friday! Was wondering if any interviewees ever received their most recent match list post interview? I remember they said they'd sent it over to us via email but never did!
When did you interview? And no, i never received a match list

I didn't either; was pretty disappointed because I wanted to look through it

Accepted 10/18, interviewed 9/20. Did anyone else get the link to activate your netid and pay the deposit? I haven’t yet

Accepted 10/18, interviewed 9/20. Did anyone else get the link to activate your netid and pay the deposit? I haven’t yet
BIG Congrats on your acceptance!!! Do you mind sharing stats and if you were IS/OS?

Thanks! IS (have lived one town over from the school for my entire life), LizzyM 73.7

Does anyone know if they have an option where you can stay with a student the night before the interview? If not, where did yall stay?

I got it! It was a little convoluted to get to where you need to be to pay, but they provide instructions!

PSA: I just called admissions and if you're all set with your deposit you should get the email receipt from PayPath which essentially confirms you're all set in terms of acceptance. If not, you will receive email reminders letting you know that the deadline is coming up!

Is it normal for Uconn to be this slow? IS and ~anxious~ as I submitted mid july and havent heard anything

Reactions: 4 users
Just looking at past years threads, definitely seems like they're moving way slower this year...also IS complete July.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email today. Interviewed 10/7. Do I have to wait a day for a second email to pay the deposit?

Just got the email today. Interviewed 10/7. Do I have to wait a day for a second email to pay the deposit?

Congrats! Wait a couple days. I eventually called IT and they gave me my NetID.

Accepted today! OOS, app submitted 07/23, interviewed 10/05!
LizzyM 73, URM

SO EXCITED! First acceptance and I definitely liked the school a lot during interview day!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!

Hopefully these acceptances mean that the admissions committee can start sending out more interview invites!

Has anyone received acceptance packets in the mail yet?

Has anyone who interviewed on the same day as an accepted person (September - early October) heard anything apart from an acceptance? If not, maybe someone can correct me in saying it wasn't made clear that Regan's feedback timeframe only applies to the fortunate ones...

Last edited: