2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II. Complete 7/31 and LM 78. Would it be bad if I waited till a January interview? I just really dont want to miss anymore school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Recieved an II with less than a 125 in CARS. This is mostly to give others hope (current and future applicants) since there was a lot said about hard screens

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Recieved an II with less than a 125 in CARS. This is mostly to give others hope (current and future applicants) since there was a lot said about hard screens
Congrats! Was this recent? Can you share other stats?

Less than 125 as in 123 maybe? IS or OOS? Complete date?

Less than 125 as in 123 maybe? IS or OOS? Complete date?

Just to maintain some anonymity, i wont specify the CARS score, but OOS, and complete very late July

Just to maintain some anonymity, i wont specify the CARS score, but OOS, and complete very late July

Aren’t you that doctor in Grey’s Anatomy? Why are you applying to medical school? Congrats on the II. With your expertise and talents, Georgetown would still interview you even if you scored a 118 on CARS ;)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone receive a confirmation or any communication after they've submitted their LOI post-decision?

Did anyone receive a confirmation or any communication after they've submitted their LOI post-decision?

I assume you're talking about a letter of Interest? It's a bit early for a letter of intent, especially since the cycle for most people is nowhere close to over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh god PLEASE call me georgetown

Reactions: 7 users
I just got the call too! What an amazing way to start the day!! I hope you all hear good news soon too!!!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED. I AM SO HAPPY

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Waitlisted, interviewed 9/6.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Oh my god guys.... I got my first interview from Georgetown T__T I can't cry b/c I'm at work.

completed 8/18

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
R. Interviewed on 9/4.

Congratulations to those accepted, and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!

• Sad
Does anybody know when the earliest WL movement tends to happen?

Most of the WL movement happens in May, but there can be a few acceptances from the WL prior to that. The best way to get off the WL is to send updates/letters of interest.

Has anyone who applied in late September heard back? Whether it be II, hold, acceptance, or rejection?

I applied September 28 :(

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who applied in late September heard back? Whether it be II, hold, acceptance, or rejection?

I applied September 28 :(

This was the last school I submitted a secondary at (8/26) and I haven't heard anything. Seems to me they are still working through the end of July thru mid August people so we'll be waiting a little while longer.

Reactions: 1 users
This was the last school I submitted a secondary at (8/26) and I haven't heard anything. Seems to me they are still working through the end of July thru mid August people so we'll be waiting a little while longer.

They’re all over the place with their order so I wouldn’t put too much stock in it! No R is good news. I submitted my secondary 8/16 and got an II 8/23

I forgot to post it initially, but I got a pre-II R on 11/04. App complete late July (iirc).

I work at their teaching hospital but I guess that didn't impress them too much.

Anyone else with an early September interview that still hasn’t heard anything yet?

Got the call yesterday!! I interviewed in early September, OOS

Last edited:
Pre-II R about half an hour ago. Complete 7/27, stats in sig.

• Sad
Pre-II R. Submitted 8/20

• Sad
Just got that fat pre-II R, kinda hurts considering how much effort I put into their essay and researching the school, and that my stats matched theirs for the most part. Guess it is a crapshoot ‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users