2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is this for after you are on the waitlist or while waiting for a post interview decision?
both of those situations!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I only sent one letter of interest/update letter thing to them around a week or 2 after my interview. That one had a substantial amount of information, so I dont think I'll be updating them again until I hear a decision.. either that or a transcript update at the end of the semester, whichever one comes first.

is this for after you are on the waitlist or while waiting for a post interview decision?

The dean specifically said send spaced out letters/updates only if you find out you’re on the waitlist (but it probably wouldn’t hurt to send one during the waiting period).

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think the 8-10 weeks is including holiday weeks when the office is closed or nah

Where do we submit letters of interest? Just via email or on the updates tab in the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the first week of October and haven't heard anything either

Is anyone else having trouble opening the "Guide to Interview Day" file? I feel like i was able to open it a few weeks ago, but never actually saved it. Now that I'm tryna open it, it doesn't download correctly. Also, interview day starts at 9:45 right?

anybody still waiting to hear back that was complete early July? No news is good news, I guess?

Reactions: 1 users
anybody still waiting to hear back that was complete early July? No news is good news, I guess?
It looks like an early August person just got a II last week. Looks like more to come in the next few weeks...

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the students at Georgetown get the week off before every block exam? Because I know a lot of schools do that and I forgot to ask!

Does anyone know if the students at Georgetown get the week off before every block exam? Because I know a lot of schools do that and I forgot to ask!
from what I recall, no? they have a couple weeks of class (6-7), then exams (~2weeks). the only “off” week is after the exams where they have an intercession and learn something related to medicine but isn’t tested (health disparities, nutrition and so forth)

from what I recall, no? they have a couple weeks of class (6-7), then exams (~2weeks). the only “off” week is after the exams where they have an intercession and learn something related to medicine but isn’t tested (health disparities, nutrition and so forth)
Wow I don’t remember them saying exams are 2 weeks. Can you expand on that?

Wow I don’t remember them saying exams are 2 weeks. Can you expand on that?
i saw this image online and in my interview day that lays it all out - it looks like 2 weeks to me and I vaguely remember a student saying that as well (this may be wrong tho I’m not sure)

Attachments

• 4717B5E7-A00E-4E76-A528-1C269D856968.jpeg
    4717B5E7-A00E-4E76-A528-1C269D856968.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 112
Anyone from October interviewees hear back about decisions yet?

Got an email reminding me to submit my secondary before the December 15th deadline. Is it too late to submit?

II just now. complete late July

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II this morning! Complete 8/4. Scheduling interviews out until the end of January.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning, completed November 1st. Latest interview was January 27th

Reactions: 3 users
Of those who were accepted, did any of you get accepted without uploading any acknowledgments/thank you letters. I completely forgot to do so and now its way too late but I know GT values these sorts of things.

Just got hit with the pre interview R today. Good Luck to the rest of you!

Any info on post interview acceptance rates?