You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Hofstra
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?II this morning! Only 2 dates available in January.
brownPiano
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?
I was complete 7/4/19 I believe. Definitely super early July, this was a shock and a pleasant surprise.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For my mid-late November interviewees, do yall remember when they said we'd hear back? I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the interview day and didn't pay attention.
For my mid-late November interviewees, do yall remember when they said we'd hear back? I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the interview day and didn't pay attention.
I interviewed October, and they said they will START sending out decisions sometime in December!
I interviewed yesterday, was pleasantly surprised. Seems most people there are happy. I wish the location was better. Connection to the Northwell system is pretty nice. Overall decent school!
hopefulmed57
Full Member
I interviewed mid November and they said decisions will be given from beginning/middle of December until the end of February.For my mid-late November interviewees, do yall remember when they said we'd hear back? I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the interview day and didn't pay attention.
Also my welcome page on the portal says the following:
"Thank you for completing your interview at the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. We enjoyed meeting you and introducing you to our faculty, students, curriculum, and educational facilities. Admissions updates will be sent out via email by the end of February."
Did anyone attend the diversity meeting?
I did, it was 30 mins before the normal interview. Dr. Bangerayne was really nice to talk to, though I was told the meeting had no control on whether we are accepted or notDid anyone attend the diversity meeting?
Why did you say this my neuroticism just spikedSeems that they sent decisions on Mondays, so tomorrow might be our day!!
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
called them and their answer is still "by the new year" - so probably not this week at least
Probably kind of a dumb question, but are early November interviews (November 5th here) going to be in the first wave? Some people here are saying that November decisions won't be given out, but I'm wondering if anyone who interviewed early November has directly asked them. I'll do so sometime today or tomorrow if nobody has
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
27411premed2020
Full Member
Probably kind of a dumb question, but are early November interviews (November 5th here) going to be in the first wave? Some people here are saying that November decisions won't be given out, but I'm wondering if anyone who interviewed early November has directly asked them. I'll do so sometime today or tomorrow if nobody has
Honestly it could go either way, I'm mid October and I haven't heard back. so might have to wait it out.
Honestly it could go either way, I'm mid October and I haven't heard back. so might have to wait it out.
I think that might also be by virtue of the fact that nobody has heard back yet though 😛
If this doesn't mean something then I don't know what does...
I cant wait to get into their undergrad!
I am ashamedI cant wait to get into their undergrad!
MD/PhD II, submitted 12/1
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
interviewed early october and was told i could here back around now
they told you around december 11?interviewed early october and was told i could here back around now
I interviewed at a similar time and was told middle of December. I could have sworn they said December 15th specifically, but I probably just imagined that lolinterviewed early october and was told i could here back around now
I interviewed at a similar time and was told middle of December. I could have sworn they said December 15th specifically, but I probably just imagined that lol
A current student at Hofstra told me that the first wave went out on December 15th last year. So it could be this Saturday the 14th? Or maybe some time next week.
Accepted today! interview in mid sept
~Uncle Iroh~
bruh
Accepted!! Interviewed late Nov 

Last edited:
Accepted via email!! Shaking it’s my first acceptance for the cycle AHHHHH
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted, interviewed early September.
Does anyone know when we would receive scholarship info?
+1JUST received my acceptance email -- so be patient! was super nervous when i saw everyone else posting. so excited!
That might be sometime in the Spring if Hofstra is like schools, but I'd call the financial aid office and ask to confirmDoes anyone know when we would receive scholarship info?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Can the ppl being accepted say when did they interview? It'd be helpful. I interviewed last week
Early SeptCan the ppl being accepted say when did they interview? It'd be helpful. I interviewed last week
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Thanks bitting my nails. They said we'll hear back in January but you never knowEarly Sept
Early NovemberCan the ppl being accepted say when did they interview? It'd be helpful. I interviewed last week
Hofstra please give me an early Christmas present!!!
~Uncle Iroh~
bruh
Yes!@~Uncle Iroh~ @bananapuppy123 Are you guys experiencing this as well? My premed neuroticism is kicking in lol
I'm experiencing the same issue as you are, I think I'll try again in a few hours and email Lisa if it's still not working
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!
I'm experiencing the same issue as you are, I think I'll try again in a few hours and email Lisa if it's still not working
Ok thank you! I'll hang tight and do the same.
jshajshdfjssbna
Full Member
Do they send acceptances on more than just one day? Interviewed early sept and havent heard anything so a bit worried.
During my interview they stressed that mid December was the earliest we may hear back, but that they would send acceptances through February.Do they send acceptances on more than just one day? Interviewed early sept and havent heard anything so a bit worried.
Do they send acceptances on more than just one day? Interviewed early sept and havent heard anything so a bit worried.
I haven't heard anything yet either, interviewed late Oct. Wish they let us know what's up! But you are not alone!
+1Is anyone else having trouble reserving their spot? When I try to click the bubbles to view and accept T&C in the portal, it says I don't have access.