2019-2020 Howard

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, does anyone know if Howard's grading system is still Honors, Pass, or Fail? Wanted to make sure they didn't remove Honors as one of the grades. Now that STEP is p/f, I think grades could start becoming more important
 
Hi guys, does anyone know if Howard's grading system is still Honors, Pass, or Fail? Wanted to make sure they didn't remove Honors as one of the grades. Now that STEP is p/f, I think grades could start becoming more important


I believe it is currently but of course, they could implement a new system
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah what il medico della peste said. Grazie dottore! unless you're arrogant enough to think you know better than our esteemed admissions vecchi
 
Hi guys, does anyone know if Howard's grading system is still Honors, Pass, or Fail? Wanted to make sure they didn't remove Honors as one of the grades. Now that STEP is p/f, I think grades could start becoming more important
Even though you're getting some slack for this question - I find it very important as well. Not that it would change my decision to attend if accepted, but a pass/fail system is something to note. The "honors" portion would help judge to what extent we are passing the material. I've always preferred a proper grading scale, but some people get all neurotic about it and they want us to stop going crazy. However, keeping up with board prep practice in the subjects you're studying should be an indicator of how you are able to learn and apply the information for Step 1.
 
Phone line goes straight to voicemail for admissions. I doubt anyone is able to work in the office at all at this point. Did anyone on here get a reply back to their update email or phone call?
 
Phone line goes straight to voicemail for admissions. I doubt anyone is able to work in the office at all at this point. Did anyone on here get a reply back to their update email or phone call?
I've been struggling to get a hold of someone by phone. I ended up leaving a VM but haven't received a call back. At this point I'd recommend email over phone calls; I was emailing one of the admissions officers yesterday without a problem.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This question has been asked, but I'm also wondering when the last post-interview acceptance was... I wish medical schools would just let us know upfront when the class was full so we could prepare mentally. Honestly, I assume every medical class in the US is full by now... but *shrugs*
 
This question has been asked, but I'm also wondering when the last post-interview acceptance was... I wish medical schools would just let us know upfront when the class was full so we could prepare mentally. Honestly, I assume every medical class in the US is full by now... but *shrugs*
I feel you. I believe every school has to admit at least as many spots as their entering class by mid March, so it wouldn’t be wrong to assume that every school is full.
 
Just to let you guys know that I sent an email to Ms. Williams-Fawkles and she responded back almost immediately. So, they are checking emails


Was your email an update letter or just asking a question?
I ask because I've emailed update letters without replies. Just want to know if they are only responding to direct questions.
 
Yes they have admitted enough candidates but a lot of them will let go of their spots. I have a friend is currently holding acceptances at 8 med schools including Howard (typical premed) and post all of them on Snapchat for a show but eventually he will let all that go. So stay positive!
When do they have to let of their acceptances?
 
Even though you're getting some slack for this question - I find it very important as well. Not that it would change my decision to attend if accepted, but a pass/fail system is something to note. The "honors" portion would help judge to what extent we are passing the material. I've always preferred a proper grading scale, but some people get all neurotic about it and they want us to stop going crazy. However, keeping up with board prep practice in the subjects you're studying should be an indicator of how you are able to learn and apply the information for Step 1.
This isn't RuPaul's best friend's race. Best of luck to everyone in their final lipsyncs. Don't f*** it up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone having trouble getting their Howard-issued email? I've been calling and emailing everyone I can think of, but I can't get anywhere. I can't access Med+Proctor without it and can't start any paperwork.