2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ask again but this time call.
I can almost guarantee no one will answer because I was asking something for matriculation and called for three consecutive days and no one answered so I had my friend at ICOM as them the question for me. Lol I had also sent them an email and did not get a response until my friend asked them my question in person

Members don't see this ad :)
~3.6 sGPA and cGPA, 504 MCAT so pretty on trend with their stats, maybe slightly below

I would hold out! That's really close to mine, and If I was a betting man, you might hear from them pretty dang soon!

Hi everyone! I was fortunate enough to get an interview invitation for ICOM a few weeks ago, and I am looking forward to it! However, I am just starting to look into hotel arrangements and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed has any thoughts/personal insights/recommendations on where they stayed or would stay. Feel free to PM me, and thanks for your help!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I was fortunate enough to get an interview invitation for ICOM a few weeks ago, and I am looking forward to it! However, I am just starting to look into hotel arrangements and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed has any thoughts/personal insights/recommendations on where they stayed or would stay. Feel free to PM me, and thanks for your help!
Stay at The Grove Hotel.

Reactions: 1 users
I stayed at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boise West/Meridian. Was only like 6 or so minutes from ICOM!

Hey guys, what all did we need to have done within 30 days of acceptance? Do we just have to pay the deposit or do we have to do the cbc, drug test, titers, etc?

Hey guys, what all did we need to have done within 30 days of acceptance? Do we just have to pay the deposit or do we have to do the cbc, drug test, titers, etc?
You should have until November 15th to pay the 100$ and then the 1500$ by December 15th. Once you pay the final deposit, you get this email:

As part of matriculation you must complete the following within 30 days of receiving this letter:

Sign into Certiphi at https://applicationstation.certiphi.com/ and complete the following tasks:

1. Complete Certiphi criminal background check
  2. Complete Certiphi 10 panel drug screen
The application codes necessary for access are:

Code Used ForApplication Code
Student Pay Background Check Application Code Student CBCIDAHOCOMCBC
Student Pay Drug Screen Application Code 10 Panel Drug ScreenIDAHOCOMDS
You will also be receiving an email from myRecordTracker (VerticalScreen.com and part of Certiphi) to complete additional, time-sensitive tasks including:

Due by deadline above (30 days):
1. Sign ICOM Offer of Admission, upload to MyRecordTracker
2. Read ICOM's Technical Standards and Academic Handbook then sign the acknowledgment page, upload to MyRecordTracker

Due by June 15, 2020:
1. Complete and upload the ICOM physical examination form
2. Provide information about your health history
3. Complete the required immunizations and titers
4. Provide proof of BLS certification

You should have until November 15th to pay the 100$ and then the 1500$ by December 15th. Once you pay the final deposit, you get this email:

As part of matriculation you must complete the following within 30 days of receiving this letter:

Sign into Certiphi at https://applicationstation.certiphi.com/ and complete the following tasks:

1. Complete Certiphi criminal background check
  2. Complete Certiphi 10 panel drug screen
The application codes necessary for access are:

Code Used ForApplication Code
Student Pay Background Check Application Code Student CBCIDAHOCOMCBC
Student Pay Drug Screen Application Code 10 Panel Drug ScreenIDAHOCOMDS
You will also be receiving an email from myRecordTracker (VerticalScreen.com and part of Certiphi) to complete additional, time-sensitive tasks including:

Due by deadline above (30 days):
1. Sign ICOM Offer of Admission, upload to MyRecordTracker
2. Read ICOM's Technical Standards and Academic Handbook then sign the acknowledgment page, upload to MyRecordTracker

Due by June 15, 2020:
1. Complete and upload the ICOM physical examination form
2. Provide information about your health history
3. Complete the required immunizations and titers
4. Provide proof of BLS certification
Hold up... I don’t owe $1600 on Nov 15th? Just $100? Can you link me this info or tell me where you found it? I thought I owed $1600 by November not December.

Hold up... I don’t owe $1600 on Nov 15th? Just $100? Can you link me this info or tell me where you found it? I thought I owed $1600 by November not December.
I thought it was the same for everyone who was accepted before November 15th? Here is from my acceptance email:
"In order to secure your seat in the class, you must submit the required non-refundable $1,600.00 matriculation deposit. The first deposit of $100.00 is due by November 15, 2019, click here to submit payment. The remaining $1,500.00 is due by December 15, 2019, click here to submit payment. Both deposits will be applied toward your first year's tuition."

CORRECTION!
From their ChooseDO page:
ICOM will have a two deposit system for applicants who interview early in the cycle (prior to Oct 15). The deposit system will be explained fully during the interview day and in the acceptance letter.

• Those accepted prior to Oct 15 will have until Nov. 15 to pay their first non-refundable deposit of $100. The second/final non-refundable deposit of $1500 will be due 30 days later (Dec 15.)
  • Those accepted between October 16 and Jan 14 will have 30 days to pay the non-refundable deposit of $1600
  • Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days to pay the non-refundable deposit of $1600

Accepted 10/18 and my email reads

“In order to secure your seat in the class, you must submit the required non-refundable $1,600.00 matriculation deposit within 30 days of receiving this correspondence. This deposit will be applied toward your first semester's tuition. Please use this link to complete the transaction.

Our registrar will send your student ID number to you in a separate email. Be sure to include that ID number on your payment. Failure to submit your first deposit by November 15, 2019, automatically relinquishes your seat.”

Maybe I should just give them a call..

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 10/18 and my email reads

“In order to secure your seat in the class, you must submit the required non-refundable $1,600.00 matriculation deposit within 30 days of receiving this correspondence. This deposit will be applied toward your first semester's tuition. Please use this link to complete the transaction.

Our registrar will send your student ID number to you in a separate email. Be sure to include that ID number on your payment. Failure to submit your first deposit by November 15, 2019, automatically relinquishes your seat.”

Maybe I should just give them a call..
Yeah, so your October 18th acceptance falls into their second time frame for deposit submission, which does not give you the option to just do the 100$ by November 15th and then the 1500$ by December 15th. I thought their definition of "early" extended past October 15th but, according to ChooseDO, it does not. Also, I have learned first hand that they are not the greatest at answering phone calls.

Withdrew my acceptance here last week, good luck peeps!

Withdrawing my acceptance. Best of luck to you all.

Quick question, how long does it take before getting the myrecordtracker email? I received an email after the deposit that I will be getting it but have yet to receive anything.

Quick question, how long does it take before getting the myrecordtracker email? I received an email after the deposit that I will be getting it but have yet to receive anything.
I am also still waiting for the myrecordtracker email. Paid the final deposit the 1st of this month. I reached out to my friend who is a first year there and he said he would talk to admissions in person about it, since they are hard to contact over email or the phone. I'll let you know what he says!

Last edited:
I am also still waiting for the myrecordtracker email. Paid the final deposit the 1st of this month. I reached out to my friend who is a first year there and he said he would talk to admissions in person about it, since they are hard to contact over email or the phone. I'll let you know what he says!
Thank you, got nervous for a second thought I was the only one who has yet to receive it.

I got waitlisted for an interview. Anyone else?

Just received this email. I am unsure how I should feel about it.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 11.44.31 AM.png

Just received this email. I am unsure how I should feel about it.

View attachment 285589
Literally only found 3 or 4 posts about this from last year's thread... and out of that, I found only one guy who got an interview. Not sure what this is, didn't think they had a waitlist for interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
"Hello Non-competitive Applicant",

Thank you for your continued interest in the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine. We have completed our review of your application, and there is a chance we may extend you an invitation to interview here at ICOM. However, we are scheduling the most competitive applicants first.
Due to the large volume of applications we have received this cycle it may take a little longer to get an invitation to you, but in the meantime please keep an eye on your email for any updates.
We appreciate your patience during this time.

Best,
ICOM Admissions
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IE we may give you an invitation after traffic deadlines so hold tight.

• Haha
They mentioned at my interview that they only give out 162 acceptances at a time (they’re at ~130), and after that start putting people on waitlist until people start declining them. Kind of wish I knew that beforehand..

They mentioned at my interview that they only give out 162 acceptances at a time (they’re at ~130), and after that start putting people on waitlist until people start declining them. Kind of wish I knew that beforehand..
Based on what I read about the school recently, I wish I did more research before applying.

Their class size is 162, every school offers at least twice their class size in acceptances because they know people will decline their acceptance and go to the place that they think is best for them. Then schools pull from waitlists to either send interview invites or acceptances, depending on if the person was pre or post-interview waitlisted. It's only November.... schools interview up until April. They definitely have not filled up their seats.

Their class size is 162, every school offers at least twice their class size in acceptances because they know people will decline their acceptance and go to the place that they think is best for them. Then schools pull from waitlists to either send interview invites or acceptances, depending on if the person was pre or post-interview waitlisted. It's only November.... schools interview up until April. They definitely have not filled up their seats.

They said they were only giving up to 162 offers at a time, something because of their accreditation (?)

"Hello Non-competitive Applicant",

Thank you for your continued interest in the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine. We have completed our review of your application, and there is a chance we may extend you an invitation to interview here at ICOM. However, we are scheduling the most competitive applicants first.
Due to the large volume of applications we have received this cycle it may take a little longer to get an invitation to you, but in the meantime please keep an eye on your email for any updates.
We appreciate your patience during this time.

Best,
ICOM Admissions
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IE we may give you an invitation after traffic deadlines so hold tight.

Dear APPLICANT,

Thank for your applying to ICOM and helping finance our new facilities. You and thousands of applicants will not be remembered.

Truly,
ICOM Admissions

damn, now I'm scared, because I find out about acceptance tomorrow, and dont hear back from other schools in a long time!
Just make sure that you know that someone who interviewed at ICOM and was rejected wrote that post. I'm not trying to downplay what they said, but just draw attention to the fact that you need to take everything said online (even outside of SDN or Reddit) with a grain of salt and may want to talk to people more closely involved with the school or try to get some other opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
They said they were only giving up to 162 offers at a time, something because of their accreditation (?)
They never said anything of that sort when I interviewed and it would seem odd that a school like UIWSOM, who is only one class ahead of ICOM, could follow the outline that I previously stated. But then again, I'm not COCA.

Last edited:
Just make sure that you know that someone who interviewed at ICOM and was rejected wrote that post. I'm not trying to downplay what they said, but just draw attention to the fact that you need to take everything said online with a grain of salt and may want to talk to people more closely involved with the school or try to get some other opinions.
Oh really? How do you know they were rejected?

ICOM is definitely one of my top choices and just want to be well informed. But most definitely take it with a large grain of salt.

Oh really? How do you know they were rejected?

ICOM is definitely one of my top choices and just want to be well informed. But most definitely take it with a large grain of salt.
Which is completely understandable that you want to be well informed, this is the next 4 years of your life you're talking about. And ICOM itself knows who wrote the post. I sent the link to my friend who is a first year at ICOM to get his take on some of the points and he was talking about how they were aware of the post. He asked that if anyone would like to talk and get his opinion, he's more than happy to talk to you guys and I can give you his Instagram username so you can reach out. I won't post it on the thread itself, but can definitely send a PM with the username.

EDIT: It is not that ICOM itself knew, it was students within ICOM

Last edited:
Just make sure that you know that someone who interviewed at ICOM and was rejected wrote that post. I'm not trying to downplay what they said, but just draw attention to the fact that you need to take everything said online (even outside of SDN or Reddit) with a grain of salt and may want to talk to people more closely involved with the school or try to get some other opinions.

Im conflicted with this statement, on reddit it says they were accepted MD, and no offense to ICOM, but I don't think someone whos good enough for MD is going to get rejected. Or do you think the writer of the post is lying about their MD acceptance?

like I interviewed there monday, and I liked the feel and vibe, the students seemed happy, and overall I felt like It was a good school. I just am so afraid of bad clerkships, thats my number one fear.

Im conflicted with this statement, on reddit it says they were accepted MD, and no offense to ICOM, but I don't think someone whos good enough for MD is going to get rejected. Or do you think the writer of the post is lying about their MD acceptance?

like I interviewed there monday, and I liked the feel and vibe, the students seemed happy, and overall I felt like It was a good school. I just am so afraid of bad clerkships, thats my number one fear.
I can only speculate on whether or not they are actually an admitted MD student because I don't know the person so whether or not they were actually accepted somewhere, I wouldn't know. And if you make it to the interview, they obviously know you're a qualified candidate, then the spot is essentially yours for the taking. There's a bunch of factors that come into play once you're actually in person and on campus. Could've been a bad interaction, could've been the vibe they were giving off.... once again, trying to determine the reasoning behind it would all be speculation.
I mainly just want people to truly look into claims that may be posted about a school, any school not just ICOM, and try to figure out both sides to the story. If ICOM isn't for you, then it isn't for you and that's okay! I turned down 6 other acceptances because I felt that ICOM was the best place for me (and that comes from someone who lives in the Northeast) But, you're the only one who can make the best decision for yourself and you need to make sure you are informed before making a decision.

I can only speculate on whether or not they are actually an admitted MD student because I don't know the person so whether or not they were actually accepted somewhere, I wouldn't know. And if you make it to the interview, they obviously know you're a qualified candidate, then the spot is essentially yours for the taking. There's a bunch of factors that come into play once you're actually in person and on campus. Could've been a bad interaction, could've been the vibe they were giving off.... once again, trying to determine the reasoning behind it would all be speculation.
I mainly just want people to truly look into claims that may be posted about a school, any school not just ICOM, and try to figure out both sides to the story. If ICOM isn't for you, then it isn't for you and that's okay! I turned down 6 other acceptances because I felt that ICOM was the best place for me (and that comes from someone who lives in the Northeast) But, you're the only one who can make the best decision for yourself and you need to make sure you are informed before making a decision.
All good information all around. Best way to get info is through an interview, if only I could get one! ;)

Hello, I am r/--Gem from Reddit. I was the one who posted my critique of ICOM a few days ago.

Again, I would like to emphasize that, although I strongly dislike the school, I am not attacking you, other ICOM applicants, or the DO profession. This post was made entirely to help you decide to go to a better institution.

I have been interviewed at and accepted to multiple MD programs and I stand by everything I said in my post. I have not applied to ICOM or any other DO institution.

Feel free to browse through my original post on Reddit, as well as my account history to take a look at my perspective.

Please feel free to message me whenever on Reddit. I will not be responding to any SDN posts because I only have used this site for lurking and to message a few select people from schools of interest. The UX for this is also just inconvenient for me.

Again, if you have read my original post, I have mad respect for DOs, I don't hate ICOM applicants, and I'm surely not salty about getting into the school. I'm a local Idahoan and have watched this school be built (figuratively and literally) and believe it needs a few years to "smooth out the links".
Very interesting that people are saying they know who you are, that you applied etc.

Very interesting that people are saying they know who you are, that you applied etc.

Now whats concerning is if ICOM told students the story that they knew who wrote it and it was because they were rejected... like that is a blatant lie.

Now whats concerning is if ICOM told students the story that they knew who wrote it and it was because they were rejected... like that is a blatant lie.
We will never know. But it is not like those links posted from that Reddit thread about ICOM are fake. A big concern of mine is the no federal loans the first two years...

We will never know. But it is not like those links posted from that Reddit thread about ICOM are fake. A big concern of mine is the no federal loans the first two years...
What about ICOM needing to compete for rotations against much more well-established programs in the neighboring states?

I'm certainly not saying either side is lying, but I think it goes back to my statement about making sure to take everything with a grain of salt. I'm kind of more concerned now that someone has supposedly no ties to ICOM but randomly decides to make a thread advising against attending ICOM? Personally, that doesn't seem to add up. But again, who knows. It truly only comes down to the individual and what they want.

Reactions: 4 users
You can always ask, bub. You know my Reddit.

Maybe I want better for my fellow man, like every doctor should want?
Why do you think people use these forums? To exchange information and help other applicants out.

If you read my post, you'd know that I think it's not only predatory towards applicants and will possibly/probably hurt future patients, THAT'S why I posted it. My ties are bound by my location and by every single doctor I work for, every advisor I've had, and all the hospital/school admins I've talked to. When you're near something happening, people tend to talk about it more than when they're far away.

Please read my entire posts before speculating future and spreading lies about me.

Feel free to message me on Reddit anytime, dude. You don't need to guess when I'm right there. It takes two seconds to make an account if you don't have one.

Ok, now I'm out. You know where to find me.
You can believe that you have good intentions, and that's fine because once again, it is your own opinion. I have a strong tie to a medical school back home that I personally hated when I interviewed at it and I still can't understand how people end up there due to all the politics of the school, but I haven't devoted a whole thread to it because I believe that people can make their own decisions based on their needs and I don't feel the desire to post my opinion and try to feed other people's anxiety about what is the best option for them. But clearly, we are two very different people. And trust me, there is no insecurity when I turned down multiple other acceptances and I am obviously standing by my decision. I also don't think that going back and forth with you on here is really benefiting anyone.

Last edited:
I believe revelation comes from debate, and I mean it when I say I appreciate both of you taking time to help others come to their own conclusions!

You should probably ask since the down payment deadlines are approaching pretty soon.