2019-2020 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Turned down the II, hope it goes to one of you guys waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry amigos; doesn't appear those were formal offers for interviews. Here's the update from admissions: "... our email from this morning was just us reaching out to see if you are still interested in possibly interviewing with ICOM since we had not sent an invitation out yet."
Another update on that weird invite. After some email exchanges, this is what I was told: "Earlier this month we sent an email to applicants letting them know the Admissions Committee is interested in possibly extending an invitation to interview at ICOM. However, you did not receive one of those since we were already in the process of sending you an invitation, which did not reach you before we sent our email yesterday...."

I ended up getting an II and they offered me a spot on 12/2 or 12/9, but I said I'll need to do one of the interview dates in January. I did this because I'm supposed to receive a decision from my top OOS DO choice next week and didn't want to take a December spot and then turn around and cancel it when it could go to one of y'all! They originally put me down for the last spot on 12/9, so I know that date will have one open seat again. For those that got that weird invite email, I'd ask if there any December interview spots available and maybe they'll offer it to you? Just a thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another update on that weird invite. After some email exchanges, this is what I was told: "Earlier this month we sent an email to applicants letting them know the Admissions Committee is interested in possibly extending an invitation to interview at ICOM. However, you did not receive one of those since we were already in the process of sending you an invitation, which did not reach you before we sent our email yesterday...."

I ended up getting an II and they offered me a spot on 12/2 or 12/9, but I said I'll need to do one of the interview dates in January. I did this because I'm supposed to receive a decision from my top OOS DO choice next week and didn't want to take a December spot and then turn around and cancel it when it could go to one of y'all! They originally put me down for the last spot on 12/9, so I know that date will have one open seat again. For those that got that weird invite email, I'd ask if there any December interview spots available and maybe they'll offer it to you? Just a thought.
Dang, at least you’re getting replies. I sent a follow up email and haven’t gotten anything since lol

Reactions: 1 users
Dang, at least you’re getting replies. I sent a follow up email and haven’t gotten anything since lol
+1

"Please respond as soon as possible."

Responds within 30 minutes. Silence. What's the point of phrasing e-mails like that when it looks like I'm lower on the priority list for an II?

Reactions: 2 users
Did you guys have to pay a fee for myrecordtracker? Why does everything have to cost money... haha

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys have to pay a fee for myrecordtracker? Why does everything have to cost money... haha

Yes. I also think we have to pay for it yearly while attending ICOM, but that may be just what I thought I heard.

Update on weird invite. Got a reply today. Be on the look out for future emails. They’re currently working on sending the invitations Out for Spring 2020, And they asked me about a specific question on my app so i know it’s not a bot just replying. Don’t lose hope y’all!

Update on weird invite. Got a reply today. Be on the look out for future emails. They’re currently working on sending the invitations Out for Spring 2020, And they asked me about a specific question on my app so i know it’s not a bot just replying. Don’t lose hope y’all!
What was the question? I remember being asked for proof of citizenship because I am a foreign born but it could have been just a bot cuz it came after like 10 mins of secondary submission

What was the question? I remember being asked for proof of citizenship because I am a foreign born but it could have been just a bot cuz it came after like 10 mins of secondary submission
It was about one of my extracurricular activities. I messed up on the amount of hours I put in and they’re asking me if it was a mistake and wants me to give a bit more info about it LOL.

It was about one of my extracurricular activities. I messed up on the amount of hours I put in and they’re asking me if it was a mistake and wants me to give a bit more info about it LOL.
Whoa so I guess they read things thoroughly! lol

Members don't see this ad :)

Woooorddd. Just entered 'complete' status. Hopefully, an II is in my future. I assume all DO schools are getting ready for post-holiday IIs? Not really sure how the cycle works.

+1 minus the specific question.

Complete today :)

Got weird “chance of invitation” email today. Completed secondary a few days ago. How long did most people have to wait between the pre-II email and II email?

Got weird “chance of invitation” email today. Completed secondary a few days ago. How long did most people have to wait between the pre-II email and II email?

"Chance" of invitation? I have never heard of that before lol maybe they send it to applicants they want to interview but as of right now they don't have enough spots for? Maybe as people withdraw acceptances or invites they will send you an actual II? Sounds like a lighthearted interview waitlist email to me.

Received the same email today. Not really sure what to make of it. Basically states there is still a chance they will invite me, but that competitive applicants are being scheduled first for interviews and that it may take a little longer to get the invitation to me. That's as accurate of a summary as I can give y'all. Go figure.

Grandmaster @Goro may be able to figure this riddle. Any thoughts?

My December 15th deposit deadline is approaching and I'm probably going to have to cough up the extra $1500 even though I'm still waiting to hear back from the handful of MD schools I've interviewed at. DO schools and their ridiculous deposits are so frustrating

Reactions: 4 users
To hear more in-depth information about ICOM check out their podcast on Spotify. It has been really informative.

• Wow
that was a nice interview. my fave

Withdrawing my acceptance - I hope my spot goes to someone very deserving! Good luck to everyone!

Just got the call with acceptance! It's my first acceptance of my 3 interviews so I'm super happy to know I at least got in somewhere! One thing ICOM has going for it is that they make decisions very quickly which is so nice!

• Haha
Complete 7/11. MCAT >505, uGPAs <3.0, post-bacc & masters > 3.9.

Wooordd. I have near identical stats as a non-traditional student. Good luck on your interview!

To those who have been accepted, does ICOM ask for an official transcript after the acceptance or slightly prior to your matriculation?

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you! Meridian is an awesome place to live!!

To those who have been accepted, does ICOM ask for an official transcript after the acceptance or slightly prior to your matriculation?
They automatically get it from AACOMAS if you’re no longer taking classes but if ur transcript changes then I think u have to send them a updated one

Going to be withdrawing my acceptance, this was a fun school and I really enjoyed it here, I wish you all the best and hope everything works out for everyone here!

• Love
I got accepted elsewhere so I’ll be cancelling my interview. Gotta give these opportunities to those who also deserves it! Goodluck!

Anybody in meridian right now? Bored and would love to meet some people to create plans

II just now, complete 12/15ish. Will be turning it down, hopefully it goes to one of you!

Got an II yesterday! I guess it's time for the low gpa, high MCAT students to shine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Does ICOM accept a letter of update?

Accepted via email today!

accepted via phone call then email around an hour ago!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there were any current ICOM students or native Idahoans that are on this forum that I could DM. Thanks in advance!

Accepted on Friday! In order to return the favor, if anyone would like to ask me questions, you may

some of you have been very kind in answering all my questions about ICOM

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there were any current ICOM students or native Idahoans that are on this forum that I could DM. Thanks in advance!
I was born and raised in Meridian. Feel free to dm me!