2019-2020 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys. Has anyone else not gotten their CaneLink info after being accepted? I was accepted 3 weeks ago and confirmed my spot, but I haven’t gotten any emails about CaneLink. I did get the official offer letter in the mail. Is this delay normal or do you think I need to contact admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Has anyone else not gotten their CaneLink info after being accepted? I was accepted 3 weeks ago and confirmed my spot, but I haven’t gotten any emails about CaneLink. I did get the official offer letter in the mail. Is this delay normal or do you think I need to contact admissions?

I got accepted in November, my Cain link email came in mi-January. Relax, these schools ain't worried about you until CTE

I haven't even gotten the official letter in the mail. Does it have anything important? Or does it just re state that you're accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted in November, my Cain link email came in mi-January. Relax, these schools ain't worried about you until CTE
I got it tonight, but I haven’t gotten the packet in the mail or been added to the FB group. I was able to accept my spot and pay the deposit on CaneLink.

I haven't even gotten the official letter in the mail. Does it have anything important? Or does it just re state that you're accepted?
It contains a copy of your acceptance letter as well as some information regarding disability resources if I remember correctly

I have a question for current students. Since most lectures are recorded, around how many hours a week are you required to be on campus?

I have a question for current students. Since most lectures are recorded, around how many hours a week are you required to be on campus?

It’s gonna be different for you guys because you’ll have a ton more PBL/mandatories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Just sent out an update letter a few hours ago. Here's to hoping this gets me the ii!

Reactions: 6 users
Still not scored. Is it a lost cause at this point in the cycle?

Does this message in green mean I've been scored yet?

"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March."

Does this message in green mean I've been scored yet?

"Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March."

I think so. I had that message for a few months prior to getting an II

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many interview spots are left? Are they even giving out IIs?

I just got access to CaneLink and it shows that my fafsa has not been received even though I submitted it a couple months back. I used the code E00533 has anyone else had this issue?

I just got access to CaneLink and it shows that my fafsa has not been received even though I submitted it a couple months back. I used the code E00533 has anyone else had this issue?

Same thing alongside my friends so don’t sweat it.

When is the last day Miller is accepting students? For any current students, are there any benefits to doing a Masters Program like UM MiBS - that increases the chances of being accepted?

I have the same thing!

Did everyone actually park by the clinical research building on interview day? If not, where did you park?

I still haven't even been scored... submitted in August. Feel like this was a massive waste of money and I'm super frustrated. Has anyone else that has not been scored called the office to see why?

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I still haven't even been scored... submitted in August. Feel like this was a massive waste of money and I'm super frustrated. Has anyone else that has not been scored called the office to see why?

Have you considered sending a Letter of Intent, provided you are given an interview? At this point, I figure the remaining interview dates will be mainly to get a spot on the Alternate List, but I think this is the best thing you can do?

When is the last day Miller is accepting students? For any current students, are there any benefits to doing a Masters Program like UM MiBS - that increases the chances of being accepted?

Bump?

Did everyone actually park by the clinical research building on interview day? If not, where did you park?

Yeah I did, I think it was called Park Plaza West or the Green Garage but it’s the giant parking garage in the middle of the campus can’t miss it.

Yeah I did, I think it was called Park Plaza West or the Green Garage but it’s the giant parking garage in the middle of the campus can’t miss it.

This is the parking garage right next to my lab. If you type Lois Pope Life Center into any GPS it will take you right to the garage.

Have you considered sending a Letter of Intent, provided you are given an interview? At this point, I figure the remaining interview dates will be mainly to get a spot on the Alternate List, but I think this is the best thing you can do?

I sent an update a while ago hoping that it would make them at least look at my application... it hasn't even been viewed by someone on the committee yet I still have the gray text.

• Sad
I sent an update a while ago hoping that it would make them at least look at my application... it hasn't even been viewed by someone on the committee yet I still have the gray text.

I suppose sending a second letter might help. If you know anyone who currently attends UMMSM that can vouch for you, that might help as well.

Just out of curiosity, what is the name of the Facebook group for accepted students?

for the interview day, they mentioned it starts at 8:30am but you can come at 8am for a diversity session. anyone know what this is/is it worth going to?

Anyone hear anything today?

According to the list of Acceptance Dates on the Hub app, they don't meet again until March 25th. Normally it is every 2 weeks and the last one was Feb 26th so it would normally be today, but can't say for sure

Any hope for an II, only school I haven’t heard from lmao

Reactions: 4 users
Any hope for an II, only school I haven’t heard from lmao

firsttime.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
According to the list of Acceptance Dates on the Hub app, they don't meet again until March 25th. Normally it is every 2 weeks and the last one was Feb 26th so it would normally be today, but can't say for sure
They said at my interview they are only meeting once in March. But I can't remember why but it's March 25th!

I understand why they cancelled second look but I'm pretty disappointed they did. I was looking forward to visit campus again and meet a potential roommate lol

I was tryna TURN UP I’m big mad

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
I don't think admissions made the call to cancel on their own - We got word today that the entire University is suspending any event with more than 50 people, so the med school's hands are basically tied

I don't think admissions made the call to cancel on their own - We got word today that the entire University is suspending any event with more than 50 people, so the med school's hands are basically tied
Would this mean they’re cancelling future interviews then?

Would this mean they’re cancelling future interviews then?

No idea, I would wait for communication from admissions on that front. Not everything has been cancelled entirely, some things have just been made optional/are taking place in small groups instead. I don't think interview days involve anywhere near 50 people so they wouldn't be auto cancelled, that would need to be a separate call by admin.

No idea, I would wait for communication from admissions on that front. Not everything has been cancelled entirely, some things have just been made optional/are taking place in small groups instead. I don't think interview days involve anywhere near 50 people so they wouldn't be auto cancelled, that would need to be a separate call by admin.
Thank you!!

Still haven't even received a confirmation that my update sent Sunday night has been added to my file. I'm ready to throw in the towel :arghh:

I went to the Admissions office to ask about this. They don't even care about CaneLink until later on, when they start asking for requirements and engaging more with new students. So, don't expect to see any real-time updates in there. Just call them. They are nice.

Still haven't even received a confirmation that my update sent Sunday night has been added to my file. I'm ready to throw in the towel :arghh:
I've heard from current students that you should send them a reminder email if they don't respond within a week or so!