2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone understand how their waitlist works? it says it's not ranked...

Members don't see this ad.

My guess is that it is ranked, but they just don't share the ranking :)
The email says it's not ranked- it sounds like they reevaluate all the applicants when a spot opens up.
I'm trying not to have anxiety about the fact that a couple of people have already gotten in off of the WL. I'm tryin. I know it doesn't mean anything that I was WL'd on 2/21 and haven' heard anything but I'm just blegh. This whole COVID thing is making everything freaks me TF out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The email says it's not ranked- it sounds like they reevaluate all the applicants when a spot opens up.
I'm trying not to have anxiety about the fact that a couple of people have already gotten in off of the WL. I'm tryin. I know it doesn't mean anything that I was WL'd on 2/21 and haven' heard anything but I'm just blegh. This whole COVID thing is making everything freaks me TF out.
wow I really hope that is the case. I agree with the covid thing--I'm nervous to see how it affects the cycle :)

That's correct. I emailed and asked when I got waitlisted in February. They evaluate the entire waitlist each time a spot becomes available.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! They say their list isnt ranked, so is it by date? I interviewed 2/11 and was waitlisted also on 3/6 but nothing yet. Does anyone know how their waitlist works because it doesnt seem like theyre going by interview date?

I interviewed on 2/4 and was waitlisted 3/6 also.

I had a question. Are you wearing something formal or casual for virtual Accepted students day tomorrow? I was thinking to wear a bottom down and die.

I didn’t get an email for that. How were you notified of it?
I got emails in both AACOMAS and NYIT email account about the virtual acceptance students' day this month. I filled up the google form and then today I got a link for the zoom meeting which is going to be held tomorrow at 2:45 – 5 p.m. EST.

Hi, do you think they are still sending out interviews?

I don't think it is over, a friend of mine just got an interview invite today.
someone got an ii april 13 so i guess theyre still interviewing.
Im obviously not on the admissions committee im just making assumptions

best thing to do is to call and ask

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the waitlist! OW.
Interviewed 01/17, waitlisted 02/21.
2nd time applying here!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they released the match list for JB campus?

Sorry posted this earlier and I'm not trying to be annoying, but was wondering if you were interviewed at Jonesboro does that mean you are out of the running for the NY campus?

Sorry posted this earlier and I'm not trying to be annoying, but was wondering if you were interviewed at Jonesboro does that mean you are out of the running for the NY campus?
Yes I'm almost positive the only campus you are in the running for is the one you interviewed at.

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend the accepted students zoom conference because my cat became suddenly ill. Can someone give me a summary of what was covered and say what the experience was like? I’m pretty bummed I have to miss it.

WL since February, interviewed October, ~3.9 GPA, 509 MCAT
Also been on WL since Feb, except I interviewed in Jan.
If you look at threads from last year, it kinda doesnt matter when you were WL'd/interviewed. Just bc someone from your WL date or after was taken off doesnt mean you can't.

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend the accepted students zoom conference because my cat became suddenly ill. Can someone give me a summary of what was covered and say what the experience was like? I’m pretty bummed I have to miss it.
they recorded it & will be sending the link out shortly! They said they will upload it to the same folder that was sent in the Accepted Students' Day email.

Did any accepted students apply for loans yet? I’m just trying to figure out whether any of the loan application is binding agreement.
I accepted and applied for loans. It is not a binding agreement since you dont actually get the loans until early august and the loans only kick in when you actually attend the school. So for what ever reason you decide to not attend, the loan would be canceled and you arent responsible for them.

I know this because I asked the financial aid office this directly a couple weeks back

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else on the waitlist just promptly have a heart attack from the "Update your wait list status!" Email?? That was cruel man, real cruel

Reactions: 18 users
Anyone else on the waitlist just promptly have a heart attack from the "Update your wait list status!" Email?? That was cruel man, real cruel
I think they’ll give us a call if we get in. I’m at least slightly optimistic. Arkansas does seem to be a great state to be a PCP for a number of reasons and there is always radiology and internal medicine specialties if not that

Does anyone know if, as a JB student, one can do clinicals or away rotations in New York? Are JB students treated the same as OW students when it comes to matching?

I got emails in both AACOMAS and NYIT email account about the virtual acceptance students' day this month. I filled up the google form and then today I got a link for the zoom meeting which is going to be held tomorrow at 2:45 – 5 p.m. EST.

Hmm, I also did not get an email for this and thus didn't know to attend. I wonder why it didn't send to everyone. Was it anything that I need to follow up with? Maybe it was campus based? I'm with Jonesboro...

Last edited:
I didn't recieve that- when were you WL'd?

Hmm, I also did not get an email for this and thus didn't know to attend. I wonder why it didn't send to everyone. Was it anything that I need to follow up with? Maybe it was campus based? I'm with Jonesboro...
Did not receive it either and I am with Jonesboro

I also received the waitlist movement email and am now forming a reply to the admissions committee as a true LOI to say I would absolutely/immediately accept if offered a seat. However, I am wondering if its appropriate to ask for an estimation of how long I should expect to be on the waitlist based on typical movement?

I didnt recieve that email from OW can anyone tell me the contents of the email?

The email had a link to a form to confirm or rescind your position on the wait list so check your spam/junk folder! it said the due date was Tuesday April 28th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
I'm drafting my LOI right now, and I'm wondering who to address it to for this particular school. To the office of admissions, or to Dr.Zerah?

Hi everyone,
I'm drafting my LOI right now, and I'm wondering who to address it to for this particular school. To the office of admissions, or to Dr.Zerah?
Office of admissions and as a PDF !

Learned from the Accepted Student Day that this upcoming class (which they have accepted so far) has a MCAT average of 508 and a GPA average of 3.7. This school is getting more and more competitive each year...

Reactions: 4 users
Learned from the Accepted Student Day that this upcoming class (which they have accepted so far) has a MCAT average of 508 and a GPA average of 3.7. This school is getting more and more competitive each year...
Qell you gotta keep in mind that they would accept high stats students first..and that DO schools place an emphasis on upward trends.
My overall GPA is around 3.55 and my sci is around 3.45 but I had a 3.8/3.7 and Im p sure thats why I got my state school invite. So everyone on here keep in mind- upward trends matter and this is the early batch that they accepted- with higher stats.

Is anyone else planning on going to the virtual information session next week post interview?

So did anybody get the confirmation email for the yes response? It says you can submit academic updates- does that mean I cant send a LOI?